ECQF/MDSF: (M1) Washington Capitals vs (WC1) Carolina Hurricanes | Game 7 is Coming | Part 2

Who wins game 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
...Just like I said there was no chance last night the Leafs beat the Bruins, while I'm not as confident in it, I'm fairly confident there's no chance the Canes beat the Caps.

I would agree. As an Isles fan my mind is already made up we are playing the Caps and the home games are next Tuesday and Friday and not this Friday and Sunday

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
GO CANES

giphy.gif

Reactions: Caps8112

nothingbeatshockey

May 3, 2013
Does anyone think last night's refereeing debacle in the VGK-Sharks game has any effect on tonight's game. I wonder if they'll put the whistles away and let them play.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Does anyone think last night's refereeing debacle in the VGK-Sharks game has any effect on tonight's game. I wonder if they'll put the whistles away and let them play.

I think, for the most part, the whistle's have been put away in this series already the last few games. Even some obvious trips, interference, and cross-checks, for the most part, have gone uncalled. Obvious penalties like high sticks, elbows, and too many men have been called.

Reactions: WreckingCrew

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
It’s 5:00 in Germany. Join me in drinks and you’re heart shall be stilled
I was a while back amused reading the contents on a sausage package: 18 g of fat in 100 g of sausage; and juxtaposing it with the motto of the brand on the package: "The way to man's heart goes through his stomach".

I'm somewhat easily amused.

lottster14

Feb 10, 2019
That was a vegas meltdown and massive choke. Refs didn't decide the game. I haven't seen much talk of it yet personally but I wouldn't be surprised if fans of every team are blaming the refs. No. 3-0 lead in the 3rd with 10 minutes to play should absolutely be a win regardless of suffering a 5 minute major.

That's all on vegas players, not refs.. bad call or not. Choke, choke choke.

lottster14

Feb 10, 2019
Canes haven't been good enough in washington whatsoever this series, something needs to change tonight vs their other games here. I hope they can do it, but i have the caps at a 75% chance to win

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
Canes haven't been good enough in washington whatsoever this series, something needs to change tonight vs their other games here. I hope they can do it, but i have the caps at a 75% chance to win

Game 2 that went to OT after a 5 min major on a clean hit was pretty close. Game 1 the Canes PK wasn't good enough.

Reactions: Tryamw

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017

I think Ovi showing up the refs was a bad move on his part. Refs have a tight brotherhood and doing anything like that makes you persona non grata

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
I'm looking forward to this game. I'm a NYI fan who would prefer the Canes (home ice, would prefer a hockey series to blood feud), but I fully expect the Capitals to win this one.

JasonRoseEh

Oct 23, 2018
Been a...weird series. Greatly respect the Canes and firmly believe they would have given anyone a series. Saying that, if that Caps had any line gelling at all outside of the first it likely would have been over by now but I'll credit Carolina I guess?

It comes down to this: If the game resembles game 6 and the Caps cannot address breaking out of their own zone it's going to be really difficult to win this game. I suspect better ice at home is why the Capitals have a better time dealing with the forecheck but whatever, the Canes are fast!

Can Kuznetsov do anything? From Conn Smythe finalist to, whatever this is, he's been absolutely dreadful and I won't credit the Canes for that. At times he's completely disengaged, he has ruined way too many PP opportunities and has anchored a dead line that has done nothing offensively in 6 games.

I don't buy in the Justin Williams stuff, he didn't do anything for the Caps in big games but I love him as a player and leader.

Can Holtby outplay Mrazek?

Of course I'm going to pick the Capitals but I'm worried about the load the top line has carried. Ovechkin has been every bit the superstar and leader, but you can't expect him and Backstrom to do everything, guys must step up.

Been a pleasure, Canes fans are awesome and you have a helluva future ahead as a team. Caps 4-2 and move onto face the Isles.

Reactions: Anton Dubinchuk

JasonRoseEh

Oct 23, 2018
I think Ovi showing up the refs was a bad move on his part. Refs have a tight brotherhood and doing anything like that makes you persona non grata
I think it was a brilliant move honestly and it'll set the tone for tonight's game. What he did was for his team, no one else and the refs aren't going to hamper a superstar for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad