ECQF/MDSF: (M1) Washington Capitals vs (WC1) Carolina Hurricanes | Game 7 is Coming | Part 2

Who wins game 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
It absolutely is and you see it on the overhead shot, the reverse angle camera is entirely misleading. The puck is on its way into the net by the time he makes contact with the pad.
Not even a little bit. In the GDT thread you were telling me that the reverse angle proved the puck was free because the overhead didn't.

Reactions: SaskCanesFan

LakeLivin

Armchair Quarterback
Mar 11, 2016
North Carolina
The puck was loose and there are an abundant stills of it. If you look from the overhead angle he clearly hits the puck first and doesn't nearly push the pad as the reverse angle misleads.

Please post some of the stills you refer to, or a link to some of them. I'm trying to keep an open mind and have searched for a close up of what happened on this play but haven't been able to find anything. Based on what I've seen (and the opinion of those with a better view, i.e., the refs and presumably the situation room in Toronto), it appears that the puck is under Mrazek and Ovi gets Mrazek's pads. I can't tell if Ovi ever actually even touches the puck. But like I said, I'm open to evidence to the contrary, which you say is abundant. Thanks in advance!

Misty8723

Jun 13, 2006
Really dirty boarding on Oshie. He's likely done for playoffs. DOPS has to do something

I'm sorry to see Oshie was hurt, but the Capitals are being very hypocritical when they have Tom Wilson who has had at least 4 suspensions for illegal boarding and hits.

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
Obviously if the Canes win I would congratulate them and they would deserve it. But in hindsight it would be a shame if the caps lost this series because we finally wouldn’t have to worry about Pittsburgh in the second round lol, but whatever happens happens and just winning the cup helps out.

Reactions: Tryamw

Words Of Wisdom

Truth Speaker
Oct 20, 2011
Long Island.
Obviously if the Canes win I would congratulate them and they would deserve it. But in hindsight it would be a shame if the caps lost this series because we finally wouldn’t have to worry about Pittsburgh in the second round lol, but whatever happens happens and just winning the cup helps out.
You wouldn’t have the Pens but facing Trotz would be interesting. One thing is for certain. The NHL and NBC definitely want the Caps to win. Lots of storylines to roll with an Islander and Caps matchup opposed to Isles and Canes. That’s for certain.

Reactions: TheBigLetowski

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
Please, I could pull up a myriad examples that disprove this and many others have already shared examples that show this rule is so loosely applied that it's almost a judgement call. In terms of examples we have last nights was mild and the goal should have stood.

Are you new to the NHL?
There's zero consistency. I provided you the direct rule that they went by. The rule is clear.. Their interpretation is many times not

Flip a coin

Reactions: Tryamw

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007

illpucks

May 26, 2011
It’s the mentality that Brind’Amour has instilled in the lot of them. They expected to win Game 6. They expect to win every game. Because going into a game expecting a loss is a terrible mindset for a player.

Fans are a different story, of course.
I don't see the difference between expecting to win and guaranteeing a game.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
No I don't.

We expect to win
We will win

Is not much different

The first can be considered a politer way of saying the second

You can interpret it that way, if you’d like. But as I said, it’s nothing more than the team buying into what Brind’Amour is preaching. From our Athletic writers latest article:

”You gotta have that attitude. You gotta have that swagger,” Staal told The Athletic. “You have got to have that belief in the group that you’re going to find a way. Tonight’s no different. When you’re down a goal against a good team that plays defense, you’ve gotta stick with it. This group has been resilient. We’re going to find a way to do it on the road.”

It’s not a “We’re guaranteeing a win because we’re so confident we can beat the Capitals.” It’s a “We’re expecting to win, because we have to win to keep the season going, so we’re going to find a way to win.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad