Post-Game Talk: | ECQF Game #I Pens up 1 to 0 | Win | Geno "I'm a god — I'm not the God, I don't think."

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
I think Geno played a very uneven game but came through when it mattered.

I don't begrudge him for trying to pinch at the point. He shouldn't even playing that position and Kreider would obliterate him in a foot race either way. I think he had a pretty bad 3rd period though as far as involvement in the game. But he played quite well in 2OT and deserved the winner.

Letang, Marino, Matheson...what is there to say? Just amazing, amazing games from all of them.

Ditto Louis and CDS.

Double-ditto GCR.

The team HAS to figure out what is happening in defensive coverage the minute Panarin pulls up. Panarin is like a QB extending plays. He is waiting out coverage to lapse. He isn't pulling up to immediately dish it. He's pulling up to see who screws up. Man were we bad at covering those plays.

The ice at MSG is terrible, terrible. How do you have a board in the corner where the bottom of it is uneven? Frigging play at the Jay-Z/Isles arena instead.

Reactions: Night Shift

Sorry

May 18, 2005
image0.jpeg

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Louis was the goalie that beat out CDS in camp and had 2 solid games even while being derailed between the 1st and 2nd game with injuries and being in the AHL.

We needed a split to get back home where Jarry could be ready. If we win Game 2, I'd maybe give Jarry Game 4 if he's ready or just do what we did when MAF kept winning until Murray needed to get in.

This isn't a bad thing IMO.
Post automatically merged:

f***, still so amped to see that goal.

baby.gif
Imagine CDS/Louis leading us far and Jarry pulling a MM and finishing it off.

Reactions: farscape1

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
I was forced to miss from the middle of the 3rd until like 2 mins before the OT goal.
So, somehow didn't miss a goal :biglaugh:

Can someone please fill me in on what happened in OT? Any other injuries on either side other than CDS? Anything else notable?

Domingue really went huge.

I was pessimistic about this series (for valid reasons) but I'm proud of the boys tonight. That's a lot of adversity.

• Haha
Reactions: Extra Texture

Pittsburgh1776

Aug 9, 2010
Did we break Shesterkin? He's good but 4 goals? His rebound control is among the worst I've seen among great goalies. He doesn't handle the puck well. He doesn't see cross ice passes well. I thought he was totally beatable.

This team doesn't give up. I've believed in them all year and maybe our old legs don't get out of this round, but this was grit. Where did Terrapin go? Reaves disappeared like a cloud of smoke.

L1 was awesome. People can say what they want, there's not a more complete player than Sidney Crosby. He is what 35 and is awesome. He is still fast, he makes great decisions most of the time, and his board play is unreal. He and L1 were awesome. So important for Jake to score.

I thought L2 struggled from period 3 on. Malkin looks slow. He really struggled to make the simple play in the third and 1st OT. I thought he got better and Kapanen got better, but I don't know if I like that line. Great play on the goal from all.

Wow, I did not like the bottom 6 early. They got better.

DOMINGUE. I love this guy, it's like cheering for the underdog. He seems like a great person and he's a good goalie.

Letang is a horse. Matheson is a horse. Marino got smashed but played well. Petts was meh. Dumo I didn't like.

Reactions: RxPens and Fordy

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
This team..skids into the playoffs on their faces. I had mentally prepped myself for the inevitable. It started as I thought. We were hemmed in, Rakell concussed on a bad hit.

But this team just kept going and worked. Domingue f***in cold comes in and does his job. What a mental uplift. They sucked me right back in to believing we aren't a complete train wreck
brokeback-mountain-knew-how-to-quit-you.gif

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
Kap played a really good game......still had some duhhh moments but much much better. I've been waiting all season and honestly gave up but his play tonite in the playoffs really made a difference in tonites game so props.

Geno making alot of those plays happen on L2 once RR went down. He made some good passes to both Heinen and Kap and was creating offense, Had some geno moments but expected

Petts made a big play tonite against the wall that was a make or break play. Kreider would have had an easy breakaway and Petts sacrificed the body. That was big

Marino getting bullied all game and shoots that at the end. Good for him.

GCR created alot of chances. Tanger eating mins like a stud

Boyle I thought had a nice game doing what L4 is suppoesed to do

Solid goaltending from DeSmith until he had the squirts and props for Louie coming in like that..........not easy at all

Last edited:

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
Well, I'm not sleeping tonight haha.

Legendary game. Incredible performance by our guys. Can't say enough about the resolve showed, especially the netminders.

If Geno awakens we're going to be a real problem.

This is why I keep saying just enjoy it. Let the negative stuff go because its almost over whether next year or the year after..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad