Post-Game Talk: | ECQF Game #I Pens up 1 to 0 | Win | Geno "I'm a god — I'm not the God, I don't think."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
To all of those pens 'fans' that spent the last month of the season constantly squaking about how finished this team is and how embarrassingly quick their postseason was going to end... I hope this memorable marathon of a hockey game brought you at least a modicum of joy.

This is why we watch the games! There was so much to like about what happened tonight. So many players stepping up and showing that this team isn't the rollover some of you think they are. Wow! Hats off to the team. I couldn't possibly list all of the positives. That is a comlete team effort, and a team effort is what it is going to take to climb that playoff mountain one more time.

Let's just enjoy the damn ride! That was a complete evening of excitement all the way to the end!

Sully still mucked up that lineup.......but I agree with you overall spirit

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I'll give you one more freebie, but no more after this.
ZKG92Hy.gif

but now its bed time. I leave things in your capable hands.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I wish I could give this post a thumbs down.............:laugh:

Edit........i can

:thumbd::thumbd::thumbd::thumbd:
I mean there's definitely some fans with every fanbase I don't like, and the Flyers have more of em than most. But there's usually a few cool fans of every fanbase and those people I feel a little bad about.

Not enough to not enjoy the hell of every win we ever get but y'know ;)
Post automatically merged:

for the ones taking the L, sure. But the folks blaming the refs can feel gut-punched for the next 40 hours until game 2.
Yeah like I said every fanbase has its bad eggs. There's a few good Rangers posters. Even some Flyers posters. Those people I can feel some pity for when their team blows it.

The ones that talk trash...well not so much for them.

Reactions: Ogrezilla

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Just a cool moment. When the game started getting "special", I just got to chill watching with my folks and just really took it in. That was quite special. Idk what happens from here, but that was a really cool special game. I'm very proud of that Penguins team. Great battle. Amazing drama.

That was a blast.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
On the goalie interference:

By the letter of the law, it was a tossup.

However - I think the running the goalie is getting on a slippery slope here. It's becoming encouraged to just go full-bore in there and not even attempt to stop because as long as you draw a modicum of contact it won't be called against you. It's like the unnatural shooting motions in B-Ball. I would have understood if the refs had upheld the Rangers goal but it would have felt "off" to me, and I'm pretty unbiased as far as team allegiances go in terms of my opinion on reffing.

Reactions: ColePens

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Anyone else just mentally f***ing gassed after that one? I haven't felt this drained after a playoff game in years. Maybe not since game 7 vs the Sens.

This game just had so much going on. I'm gassed af after that.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
What an almost unimaginable set of circumstances for the Pens to overcome tonight. Absolutely magnificent!

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Awwwww I feel real bad for Rangers faithful that this series doesn't look like the roll-over-and-die formality everyone thought it was going to be. I can see why they are so upset... this was supposed to be easy. "Lucky if they win one game" and all that. So far so lucky, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad