Pre-Game Talk: ECQF Game 6: Boston Bruins (2-3) vs Toronto Maple Leafs (3-2) | Sunday. 3pm. CBC. NBC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cleetus

"snot"
Jan 2, 2012
North!
Since we are given a Sunday afternoon game what’s on the menu tomorrow?
I’ve got 2 of my sons home and a brother down for Easter .

Here’s mine.
Cajun Boiled Shrimp with sausage and red potatoes and corn on the cob
Air Fried chicken wings
Smoked deer Sausage
Smoked Chicken
Deviled Eggs
Potatoes Salad
Homemade Baked Beans
Homemade rolls.
what time can I come over? lol jk nice spread though!

Vaive50

Dec 24, 2015
I'm really enjoying the narrative turning into Bruins are actually just beating themselves and the Leafs should feel honored to carry their jockstraps while getting lucky.

They see the writing on the wall and are trying to save face for their terrible analysis leading up to this point.

Go to the Tampa and Calgary forums, they are claiming the same against the Jackets and Avs. It's not all the fans, just the small percentage who can't handle losing so they have to come up with something.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Never thought I would hear that from you this season. But I can only agree.
Feels strange but good to be able to acknowledge it.
I never bothered looking at other teams boards but have done so lately.
Some of the more reasonable posters in the Bruins board actually think the Leafs have what it takes.

We've been the better team imo

Besides game 2 where we looked shell shocked we've shown a lot of maturity and a very level head I crucial game managing situations

I did pick us in 6 before the series started because our underlying numbers were good despite the results late in the season but we've controlling play at 5v5 better that I expected

This does bode well if we can continue improving and learning like we have been

Vaive50

Dec 24, 2015
yes he has been Horrible, last night he could not give credit to the leafs for nothing, just saying Boston is not playing up to their potential, he is so dumb he could not figure out Toronto was out playing them what a joke, but I watch that feed because I cannot stand Hughson or Simpson

This seems to be a common theme during this playoff season (Tampa, Calgary, Pens) but it's just a load of BS that is used as an excuse. These players fight tooth and nail to make the playoffs and so why wouldn't they fight the same now as this is for the Stanley Cup. All the players are giving it their "all" or at least "all they have left" but are just being outplayed.

Last edited:

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
yes he has been Horrible, last night he could not give credit to the leafs for nothing, just saying Boston is not playing up to their potential, he is so dumb he could not figure out Toronto was out playing them what a joke, but I watch that feed because I cannot stand Hughson or Simpson
I've said all along that Boston was a fake good team. The 19 game point streak featured 13 one goal games and they should have lost a lot of them. They got home ice because of it but we are the better team on paper.

Bostons 4th line is the only one that hits and Cassidy might sit two of the guys for game 6. They have 4 guys that can score with 3 of them on one line, just not a lot there to say they're still the big bad Bruins.

KIWILEAFFAN

Dec 28, 2011
New Zealand
We've been the better team imo

Besides game 2 where we looked shell shocked we've shown a lot of maturity and a very level head I crucial game managing situations

I did pick us in 6 before the series started because our underlying numbers were good despite the results late in the season but we've controlling play at 5v5 better that I expected

This does bode well if we can continue improving and learning like we have been
Yup can't argue with that.
It is certainly rare territory for the players and the fans.
Can't wait till tomorrow morning.

Reactions: Kiwi

PemIceKing

Dec 23, 2011
The TV said Bruins will beat the Leafs in 7 since August but for some reason I'm not scared....

It's like everyone on television is so dumb that they'd call a 7 game series while promising a Boston win.... duhh duhhh deeeerpppppp me likey sports radio me wite blwog for Eklund me Mike Gello 50+ not married...
You shouldn’t be scared either. We dominated game 5 and they will be even better in game 6. All 4 lines flying, Rielly going to factor in the scoring and Freddy will be a rock. The Leafs will pound the Bruins into oblivion tomorrow. Score first and watch the run of goals for the Buds!!! Go Leafs Go!!!!! Cheer so hard tomorrow you become horse.

Reactions: Eric bungay

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Honest to god I'm shuddering at the thought of another game 7 in Boston.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE win tomorrow. Don't f***ing do this to us again hockey gods, have mercy for crying out loud.

Reactions: Brown Dog

4chandler

Apr 11, 2019
You shouldn’t be scared either. We dominated game 5 and they will be even better in game 6. All 4 lines flying, Rielly going to factor in the scoring and Freddy will be a rock. The Leafs will pound the Bruins into oblivion tomorrow. Score first and watch the run of goals for the Buds!!! Go Leafs Go!!!!! Cheer so hard tomorrow you become horse.
And if not the Leafs get to win in game 7 :)

Mad hatter

Go Leafs Go
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Acton Ontario
Wish I could watch the game tomorrow. I have my first fishing tournament of the year tomorrow and it ends at 3pm CT. Hoping I have a big bag of bass by 2pm so I can relax and listen to the game

GO LEAFS GO
We’re not aloud start fishing bass in Ontario until June 21 weekend I think. Good luck in your tournament, best fish to catch imho. I feel for you though because it sucks missing any leafs game but especially in the playoffs on the day we, hopefully, eliminate the Bruins.
Go Leafs Go

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
It's time to take the next step. Close out this series, score early, dominate, get the crowd behind you, frustrate the B's and give yourself a few days off and get ready for Columbus.

That would be ideal but the series hasn't been taxing. I hope we win but not banking on it

Polaris1010

Mar 23, 2017
grandma's cellar
Honest to god I'm shuddering at the thought of another game 7 in Boston.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE win tomorrow. Don't ****ing do this to us again hockey gods, have mercy for crying out loud.
This post is the first star of this thread!!

Yeah baby!

Are we feeling it?!

Well . . . maybe feeling it too much . . .

:clap:

Polaris1010

Mar 23, 2017
grandma's cellar
As this series progressed . . . one Leafs strength came in as advertised, strength up the middle.

One thing not that expected was Toronto going hit for hit against Boston, and not just take the body, but more like what Roman Polak liked to do to people.

:dunce:

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
It's time to take the next step. Close out this series, score early, dominate, get the crowd behind you, frustrate the B's and give yourself a few days off and get ready for Columbus.

I've seen some very good Leaf teams play too game 7's and even when they win, they eventually run out of gas.

1993 when they went to the max 21 games in three series before losing back to back heartbreakers to the Kings, one game away from the Cup finals.

2001 when they ran out of steam vs. Carolina after back to back (very) physical 7 game series.

I think both teams could have done themselves some favours by closing out the other series even just one game sooner. 2 Days of extra rest is invaluable before another round, especially when you play a physical brand of hockey.

Bottom line, finish it off and rest up. If you cannot get up for a closing game at home knowing a loss puts you back on a plane to play in front of another hostile crowd, you aren't going to get far...ever. This Bruins team isn't going to roll over, so put them out of their misery.

Dominate tomorrow or roll a loaded dice. As a bonus, since Leafs will have home ice the rest of the way through if they win, they don't even need to leave their homes after they win!

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
Im ready
IMG-20190420-225824.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad