Pre-Game Talk: ECQF Game 6: Boston Bruins (2-3) vs Toronto Maple Leafs (3-2) | Sunday. 3pm. CBC. NBC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
6574834A-C0F0-4806-8592-9B62462638C7.png
Dark shows up for dinner......

Reactions: Babcocks Marner

KIWILEAFFAN

Dec 28, 2011
New Zealand
Leafs win in a blowout. Boston is forced to press, Toronto can counterpunch and abuse their D.

A blowout in either of the 2 final games would be awesome.

My heart and my gut say the Leafs will win this series but it will be by the skin of their teeth.

Reactions: Kiwi

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Read on sports net, the Bruins players are basically not crediting the Leafs at all in the series, in such a way that they've lost because they didn't play well LOL what a joke, even on their Boards the fans ..some of them, are saying the better team is leading the series.

Those comments by Boston players show why they are losing, they aren't giving us any respect, no commendation, zip.

That "goalie interference," debate is a joke. Rask wasn't in the blue, and he pushed off Hyman, he did not lose position, and as the rule is..if the goalie cannot make the save due to being interfered with then no goal. The NHL got it right.

What I'm liking...well im loving 90% of you saying we had no chance in game 5 in Boston, and several people including myself said we've been the better team every game but game 2. Game 4 was an officiating joke as most of the series, but we should've had 2 or 3 PP when we made it 5 to 4..but oh well. Last night Pasta intentional offside wasn't called and we almost got burnt for it..that was the biggest non call of the game for me.

looking ahead for tomorrow...hoping we are hungry, keep our crowd in it..and I'd rather go into period 3 or 5 ..not 4 that's our bad luck number lol

There one up now that does compliment the Leafs.

Bruins 'pretty confident' ahead of must-win Game 6 vs. Maple Leafs - Sportsnet.ca

“We’d obviously like to see them generate more, but there’s not a lot of room out there,” Bruins coach Bruce Cassidy said.
“We’ve said it: Toronto has done a better job defensively on us.”

Cleetus

"snot"
Jan 2, 2012
North!
Well NBC has a hard on for anything Boston, Pitt, Washington, or Chicago. It's pretty awful as Milbury just piles on the Leafs any chance he gets
yes he has been Horrible, last night he could not give credit to the leafs for nothing, just saying Boston is not playing up to their potential, he is so dumb he could not figure out Toronto was out playing them what a joke, but I watch that feed because I cannot stand Hughson or Simpson

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
A blowout in either of the 2 final games would be awesome.

My heart and my gut say the Leafs will win this series but it will be by the skin of their teeth.

It's going to be tough, Boston will come out fighting for there lives tomorrow

I think we're the better team though even if the series has been very tight

I think we grind another win out tomorrow, we're starting to show that type of maturity imo

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Hopefully Babcock doesn't pull a Maurice.

Waste your timeout after a quick good goal.

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
I've been questioning the Leafs killer instinct for the last couple of months of the Regular Season, sure would be nice to have the Leafs come out and show me otherwise tomorrow.

Can't help but feel like if we blow our golden opportunity to finish them off, we'll end up coming up short in another game 7 in Boston Tuesday.

Reactions: Jmo89

KIWILEAFFAN

Dec 28, 2011
New Zealand
I think we grind another win out tomorrow, we're starting to show that type of maturity imo

Never thought I would hear that from you this season. But I can only agree.
Feels strange but good to be able to acknowledge it.
I never bothered looking at other teams boards but have done so lately.
Some of the more reasonable posters in the Bruins board actually think the Leafs have what it takes.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
**** start time, if it were 7 I'd have time to get back to the city to watch. 3 p.m. I have to watch it during family Easter get together.

Or blow off the family get together. I've done it. My parents did it in their day. Heck, they scheduled the celebratory dinner for my grandparents' 65th wedding anniversary for 4pm because there was a possibility of the Leafs' playoff game. It ended up being Game 6 of the Leafs-Kings 1993 West Conference Final. Pretty much everyone from the dinner ended up in my folks' basement watching the game.

But Leafs playoff games always took priority in our house. If a game started or went late, it didn't matter if it meant getting less sleep, you stayed up and watched it. My father would always stop working on whatever project he was working to watch a Leafs game -- even the odd afternoon playoff game.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
I feel like things are never easy as a Leafs fan, which is why I feel this will go 7 games. But I just wish it could be different this time around, I won’t be able to watch tomorrow and I want to check my app and see that they’ve won and advanced. Leafs fans haven’t been spoiled whatsoever and this is all I ask for, I won’t even care if we go out in the 2nd round tbh, I just want this, this franchise needs this victory.

Looking at how the series has played out if it goes as it’s gone..tomorrow should be a loss for us. Just look.

Game 1 - Win
Game 2 - Loss
Game 3 - Win
Game 4 - Loss
Game 5 - Win
Game 6 - ???

If the trend continues game 6 shapes up to be a loss, I hope we can buck the series trend. I predicted Leafs in 6 and I hope I’m right.

I hope the Leafs know how critical this game is, we’ve got them on the ropes, don’t give them another chance to go home and rally for a game 7.

This is all I ask for, this is all Leafs nation asks for, 2004 was a long time ago, book your tickets to the 2nd round. With the Lightning, Penguins and Flames gone this is our time!

GO :leafsGO

As I've said elsewhere, that's one pattern. Another one is that every time the series changes venues (games 1, 3, and 5), the Leafs have won. Since they change venues again for game 6, if this pattern holds, the Leafs will win.

Of course, patterns like both of these, are almost completely meaningless.

Reactions: egd27

Leafsfan13

Feb 13, 2018
It's incredible how there has not been any OT in the last 12 playoff games between these two teams. Sensing a first tomorrow afternoon....
Oh god please no. I wouldn’t be able to handle OT. Really need to win this in Toronto tomorrow. Would have a bad feeling about a game 7 in Boston.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
I do not want to feel the nerves of another game 7 in Boston. Please for the love of god end it tomorrow. Hockey gods, you owe us this one!

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Since we are given a Sunday afternoon game what’s on the menu tomorrow?
I’ve got 2 of my sons home and a brother down for Easter .

Here’s mine.
Cajun Boiled Shrimp with sausage and red potatoes and corn on the cob
Air Fried chicken wings
Smoked deer Sausage
Smoked Chicken
Deviled Eggs
Potatoes Salad
Homemade Baked Beans
Homemade rolls.

ETA. Wife just told me she’s making Rotel Dip - for those unfamiliar with this mana from heaven - velvetta cheese, hot Jimmy Dean sausage and a can of rotel . Google it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad