Pre-Game Talk: ECQF Game 6: Boston Bruins (2-3) vs Toronto Maple Leafs (3-2) | Sunday. 3pm. CBC. NBC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PemIceKing

Dec 23, 2011
I feel like things are never easy as a Leafs fan, which is why I feel this will go 7 games. But I just wish it could be different this time around, I won’t be able to watch tomorrow and I want to check my app and see that they’ve won and advanced. Leafs fans haven’t been spoiled whatsoever and this is all I ask for, I won’t even care if we go out in the 2nd round tbh, I just want this, this franchise needs this victory.

Looking at how the series has played out if it goes as it’s gone..tomorrow should be a loss for us. Just look.

Game 1 - Win
Game 2 - Loss
Game 3 - Win
Game 4 - Loss
Game 5 - Win
Game 6 - ???

If the trend continues game 6 shapes up to be a loss, I hope we can buck the series trend. I predicted Leafs in 6 and I hope I’m right.

I hope the Leafs know how critical this game is, we’ve got them on the ropes, don’t give them another chance to go home and rally for a game 7.

This is all I ask for, this is all Leafs nation asks for, 2004 was a long time ago, book your tickets to the 2nd round. With the Lightning, Penguins and Flames gone this is our time!

GO :leafsGO

I think the difference this year is that the Leafs can really close out games. I expect tomorrow we will pound Boston into the ground. I expect Andersen to be outstanding again and the Leaf scoring at a premium. Tavares line going to light it up and it will be Matthews most dominant performance ever. He is so hungry for it. Full collective effort from everyone. Go Leafs Go!!!!!!

Reactions: ashs

PemIceKing

Dec 23, 2011
I disagree if Milbury or McGuire are analysts on the broadcast. Both are absolutely awful and two of the dumbest voices in the sport (don cherry is also on that list). The play by play guys though are all top notch, and Doc Emrick has been calling our series and been phenomenal as usual. So basically, NBC coverage is great if Milbury or McGuire are nowhere to be found.
I agree Milbury is a clown. Just tune into TSN online and you can listen to Bowen call the game for the Leafs.....Holy Mackinaw!!!!!

Macallan18

Aug 10, 2015
I agree Milbury is a clown. Just tune into TSN online and you can listen to Bowen call the game for the Leafs.....Holy Mackinaw!!!!!
Milbury lol, worst or second worst GM in history, right up there with Chia.
Had to listen to him on NBCS. Total homer.
Makes you wonder how good a defenceman he really was? I thought so at the time, now revising my opinions based on his stupidity.
As a commentator, Kypreos quality (or lack there of).
Olcyk who comments on some NBC games I like. Met him down here at the Gulfstream race track. You could not meet a finer gentleman.

DitchMarner

It's time.
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
I'd rather have game six start at 7:00 or 7:30 PM.

However, the Bruins were eliminated in an afternoon game last year and I think in 2017 as well (I believe game six of their series against OTT that year was an afternoon game).

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
This game will not be easy. Bruins will see it as a "win this game and win the series" scenario. They will be chomping at the bit to bring it back home to redeem themselves. Leafs have to play like it's a game 7.

If they can maintain a strong team defensive structure and take advantage of chances, they can pull it off. This is a very good Bruins team that feels they can make it to the Finals now with TB gone. We have to finish them off now that we finally have the chance.

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
Read on sports net, the Bruins players are basically not crediting the Leafs at all in the series, in such a way that they've lost because they didn't play well LOL what a joke, even on their Boards the fans ..some of them, are saying the better team is leading the series.

Those comments by Boston players show why they are losing, they aren't giving us any respect, no commendation, zip.

That "goalie interference," debate is a joke. Rask wasn't in the blue, and he pushed off Hyman, he did not lose position, and as the rule is..if the goalie cannot make the save due to being interfered with then no goal. The NHL got it right.

What I'm liking...well im loving 90% of you saying we had no chance in game 5 in Boston, and several people including myself said we've been the better team every game but game 2. Game 4 was an officiating joke as most of the series, but we should've had 2 or 3 PP when we made it 5 to 4..but oh well. Last night Pasta intentional offside wasn't called and we almost got burnt for it..that was the biggest non call of the game for me.

looking ahead for tomorrow...hoping we are hungry, keep our crowd in it..and I'd rather go into period 3 or 5 ..not 4 that's our bad luck number lol

TheBigThree

Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
Im hoping that after how angry the team was after losing game 4 the boys will come out stronger. But again this is the leafs so I try keeping my expectations low. Let's hope the refs don't f*** us either.

Reactions: PemIceKing

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
If the Leafs win tomorrow I'm for sure getting an Andersen sweater, I don't see that many people wearing Andersen sweaters and its a shame because when all is said and done I do believe he is our MVP. Would be fitting too because I'm going to Aarhus, Denmark this summer to visit my girlfriend who will be doing an internship there, Aarhus is just 1.5 hours train ride to Herning, Freddy's hometown. Either way I'm get the sweater lol, I'm sure people will be happy to see me wearing it and have good things to say. GLG.

Reactions: EscapeGoat

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
Read on sports net, the Bruins players are basically not crediting the Leafs at all in the series, in such a way that they've lost because they didn't play well LOL what a joke, even on their Boards the fans ..some of them, are saying the better team is leading the series.

Those comments by Boston players show why they are losing, they aren't giving us any respect, no commendation, zip.

That "goalie interference," debate is a joke. Rask wasn't in the blue, and he pushed off Hyman, he did not lose position, and as the rule is..if the goalie cannot make the save due to being interfered with then no goal. The NHL got it right.

What I'm liking...well im loving 90% of you saying we had no chance in game 5 in Boston, and several people including myself said we've been the better team every game but game 2. Game 4 was an officiating joke as most of the series, but we should've had 2 or 3 PP when we made it 5 to 4..but oh well. Last night Pasta intentional offside wasn't called and we almost got burnt for it..that was the biggest non call of the game for me.

looking ahead for tomorrow...hoping we are hungry, keep our crowd in it..and I'd rather go into period 3 or 5 ..not 4 that's our bad luck number lol

It's sad, really.

They keep talking about how Boston hasn't played their best yet, how they have another gear etc. etc.

Well the Leafs just won game 5 with 96 year old Ron Hainsey leading them in T.O.I. followed by Zaitsev.

If the Bruins have another gear, the Leafs have another 3 or 4.

Reactions: PemIceKing

TheBigThree

Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
If the Leafs win tomorrow I'm for sure getting an Andersen sweater, I don't see that many people wearing Andersen sweaters and its a shame because when all is said and done I do believe he is our MVP. Would be fitting too because I'm going to Aarhus, Denmark this summer to visit my girlfriend who will be doing an internship there, Aarhus is just 1.5 hours train ride to Herning, Freddy's hometown. Either way I'm get the sweater lol, I'm sure people will be happy to see me wearing it and have good things to say. GLG.

My gf has been wearing the Andersen Jersey all season. She loves the guy and supported him even when he played like crap. And yeah more Andersen jerseys out there are needed

4chandler

Apr 11, 2019
The TV said Bruins will beat the Leafs in 7 since August but for some reason I'm not scared....

It's like everyone on television is so dumb that they'd call a 7 game series while promising a Boston win.... duhh duhhh deeeerpppppp me likey sports radio me wite blwog for Eklund me Mike Gello 50+ not married...

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
To go along with the PGT from game 5
1457975176-ifitbleedswecankillit.gif

Mkdaman1818

Jun 29, 2013
Milbury lol, worst or second worst GM in history, right up there with Chia.
Had to listen to him on NBCS. Total homer.
Makes you wonder how good a defenceman he really was? I thought so at the time, now revising my opinions based on his stupidity.
As a commentator, Kypreos quality (or lack there of).
Olcyk who comments on some NBC games I like. Met him down here at the Gulfstream race track. You could not meet a finer gentleman.
Olczyk is usually Doc’s partner and he’s fantastic. I believe he’s doing games sparingly but I’m guessing he’ll call the later rounds and the finals.

Brian Boucher (the 3rd guy calling our series along with Doc and Milbury) is also good, as is Joe Micheletti (who does the Rangers during the year), Ray Ferraro (TSN), Mike Johnson (TSN), and AJ Mleczko (who did great work with the Islanders broadcast during the year, first female analyst on NBC).

Play by Play is a great collection of guys - Doc, Chris Cuthbert, Gord Miller, John Forslund (Carolina), Kenny Albert (Rangers radio and he does basically every sport otherwise), Brendan Burke (Islanders), Alex Faust (LA Kings). They even had Mike Tirico do a game, he’s a broadcast legend who used to do Monday night football and nba for ESPN, and he’ll take over Sunday night football on nbc when Al Michaels retires.

MSZ

Car guy
Oct 5, 2014
Scarborough
Olczyk is usually Doc’s partner and he’s fantastic. I believe he’s doing games sparingly but I’m guessing he’ll call the later rounds and the finals.

Brian Boucher (the 3rd guy calling our series along with Doc and Milbury) is also good, as is Joe Micheletti (who does the Rangers during the year), Ray Ferraro (TSN), Mike Johnson (TSN), and AJ Mleczko (who did work with the Islanders broadcast during the year, first female analyst on NBC).

Play by Play is a great collection of guys - Doc, Chris Cuthbert, Gord Miller, John Forslund (Carolina), Kenny Albert (Rangers radio and he does basically every sport otherwise), Brendan Burke (Islanders), Alex Faust (LA Kings). They even had Mike Tirico do a game, he’s a broadcast legend who used to do Monday night football and nba for ESPN, and he’ll take over Sunday night football on nbc when Al Michaels retires.

Kenny Albert is great, 2015 Jays-Rangers ALDS(game 5 in particular) came to mind.

Mkdaman1818

Jun 29, 2013
Kenny Albert is great, 2015 Jays-Rangers ALDS(game 5 in particular) came to mind.
I actually really don’t like his voice.… But in general he’s a really versatile and good commentator. I do prefer most of the other guys on that list before Kenny though.

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018

Yes, they believe this because of their history together, going back years in some cases, and, a team that has had success in particular against the Leafs. They have a very strong team, one of the top teams in the league, so naturally they have a very high level of confidence. This is more profound because of how they dominated the Leafs at times the last few years. Every team in the playoffs has this belief, though Bruins are a little more confident than they have deserved.

Leafs are young and have yet to slay Boston. They can earn a great deal of respect and develop further by beating this team tomorrow. It's fine that the Bruins are confident, as if it becomes over confidence, it works in our favour. Let them underestimate the Leafs hunger to win this series, their willingness to win battles and use their speed, and it will be the Leafs moving on. of course, they have to finish the job.

Until you beat the champ, you can't wear the belt. Tomorrow let's hope the Leafs finish them off.

Go Leafs Go!

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I disagree if Milbury or McGuire are analysts on the broadcast. Both are absolutely awful and two of the dumbest voices in the sport (don cherry is also on that list). The play by play guys though are all top notch, and Doc Emrick has been calling our series and been phenomenal as usual. So basically, NBC coverage is great if Milbury or McGuire are nowhere to be found.

The overall broadcast is much better. I can easily get over Milbury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad