Pre-Game Talk: ECQF Game 6: Boston Bruins (2-3) vs Toronto Maple Leafs (3-2) | Sunday. 3pm. CBC. NBC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
I have clients to pick up at 1025am then drive south to meet a helicopter.
Hopefully no overtime

This whole working thing is really screwing with my hockey watching

I should be finished around 9AM so I hope I'm finished in time to watch the last period, it would be nice to see us end the Bruins season tommorow :)

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013
Take care of business and move on, no reason to let an inferior team waste an extra game of effort.

RAB FERD

Oct 2, 2013
Can't recall the last afternoon playoff game we've played. Have we even played in any before lol?
I might be crazy but I remember us getting eliminated in a game 7 vs new jersey in the afternoon. I dont feel like looking it up so this could be completely false.

Reactions: Leafsfan74

Mkdaman1818

Jun 29, 2013
Can't recall the last afternoon playoff game we've played. Have we even played in any before lol?
We played two in 2002 and 2003 IIRC.
2002 at home, game 5 first round against the islanders, that we won.
Then 2002 on the road, game 2 third round against Carolina, we lost in OT.
2003 was on the road, game 5 first round against Philadelphia, and we lost that one too.

Reactions: LeafalCrusader

KIWILEAFFAN

Dec 28, 2011
New Zealand
This whole working thing is really screwing with my hockey watching

I should be finished around 9AM so I hope I'm finished in time to watch the last period, it would be nice to see us end the Bruins season tommorow :)
GDT or box score will be refreshed rapidly on your phone I assume?
I think they will do it. Get it done once and for all.

DopeyFish

Mitchy McDangles
Nov 17, 2009
I clearly remember that philly afternoon game

It was a blowout

At least it was summer weather outside that day

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
We played two in 2002 and 2003 IIRC.
2002 at home, game 5 first round against the islanders, that we won.
Then 2002 on the road, game 2 third round against Carolina, we lost in OT.
2003 was on the road, game 5 first round against Philadelphia, and we lost that one too.
They also played Game 1 of the 1999 Eastern Conference Final against Buffalo in the afternoon at home which they lost.

In 2002 it was Game 2 of their Eastern Conference Quarter Finals that was played in the afternoon, not Game 5.

Finally they played Game 5 of the 2004 Eastern Conference Semifinals against the Flyers in the afternoon and that was also a road game and they lost 7-2.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
GDT or box score will be refreshed rapidly on your phone I assume?
I think they will do it. Get it done once and for all.

I don't want to know anything until I start watching, I prefer going in blind

It would be nice to get that particular Bruins monkey off the back, then pushing on for multiple rounds sounds bloody good to me

Reactions: KIWILEAFFAN

RealisticLeaf55

Win it clean for J.T
Sep 28, 2010
A place
Love the smack Bruins fans are talking. Trying to ignore the fact that their season is on the line.

My god I hope this team takes it to the Bruins and breaks their hearts.

I want to see Kadri, at home, in front of his own fans, shaking the hand of that coward DeBrusk.

mikeo1

Jan 6, 2008
Vancouver
Nervous about the afternoon start, and feel like the Bruins are going to be playing their best hockey of the series next game.
Hopefully we’re up to par and take the W.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
I'm already so freaking nervous.

Seriously. This has to be our best game of the year. Boston isn’t Calgary or Winnipeg. They won’t just lay down and die. We will have to earn it.

Predicting another massive game for Matthews. Hope Tavares and Marner can get a few points on the board.

GBLeaf

Feb 13, 2014
England, GB.
I'm loving the timing, it'll be 8pm here, so perfect!

Need to see those energy levels going right from the go. Big effort needed to counter the undoubted physicality and effort Boston will bring.

Don't let them get on top of us, move the puck quickly and lay some hits of our own.

Hoping they make Chara look like the pylon he is again.

Reactions: crump

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Bruins are going to try to recapture their game 2 speed and forecheck , can't allow them to do that. Weather the storm, play fast, on their toes and finish their checks. Cassidy is flip flopping his lineup, he doesn't know which way to go, heavy or fast. Inserting players who haven't played a month and expect them to be up to game speed. Half their players are playing concussed or injured because they poked the monster in game 2. Make them pay again today.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Bruins are going to try to recapture their game 2 speed and forecheck , can't allow them to do that. Weather the storm, play fast, on their toes and finish their checks. Cassidy is flip flopping his lineup, he doesn't know which way to go, heavy or fast. Inserting players who haven't played a month and expect them to be up to game speed. Half their players are playing concussed or injured because they poked the monster in game 2. Make them pay again today.
Yup Cassidy is at the point where it seems he is just throwing shit at the wall and hoping it sticks. If he is planning to try and go with more speed today that should be perfectly fine for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad