Pre-Game Talk: ECQF GAME 5 4:08 PM - THE BEAR tries to harpoon the whale - NESN, SN, NBCSN, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Corsi is a metric for shot attempts and includes any shot attempt, whether it's a shot on goal, a missed shot, or a blocked shot.

So it’s not Necessarily a possession metric (it just probably has a strong tie to possession), good to know

Thx!

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
Interesting that we're all assuming Vlad would be the next up after Halak. Max Lagace is also with the team.

Vladar:
  • P-Bruins season: 14-7-1
  • 1.79 GAA
  • .936 save percentage
  • NHL games: 0

Lagace:
  • P-Bruins season:22-7-3
  • 2.37 GAA
  • .919 save percentage
  • NHL games: 17 games with the Vegas Golden Knights from 2017-19.
So Lagace won more games and has some NHL experience, but Vlad has better stats.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
We here all love our hockey team the Boston Bruins. We all follow them through the good and the bad times. We all try to cheer on our team on to the Cup. It took me a lot of years though to realize that not all things Black and Gold are Black and White. Life deals us some bad hands, I still recall clinging to a radio for a weekend trying to get any update on Normand Leveille. And the sick feeling while watching Patrice Bergeron lying on the ice in a completely silent Garden. But we say our prayers and play on. Because that's who we are, this is what we do. Cheer for our team. The Boston Bruins, our team, with all of our history, as great as any ever.
I was at that game. It was horrible. We thought he was dead . Fans were praying and crying.
Yet some fan on the main board says (when Bergy scored the winner) "Where's Randy Jones when you need him" Some people just suck.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Interesting that we're all assuming Vlad would be the next up after Halak. Max Lagace is also with the team.

Vladar:
  • 1.79 GAA
  • .936 save percentage

Lagace:
  • 2.37 GAA
  • .919 save percentage
So Lagace won more games and has some NHL experience, but Vlad has better stats.

I do think they would choose Lagace, however those NHL Stats are BIG YIKES

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
I was at that game. It was horrible. We thought he was dead . Fans were praying and crying.
Yet some fan on the main board says (when Bergy scored the winner) "Where's Randy Jones when you need him" Some people just suck.

The worst ever was the Toronto fan holding up a "Toronto Stronger" sign just after the marathon bombing. Also, from what I saw, the mods were quite busy deleting sick marathon bombing references during that year's playoffs.

Reactions: BMC

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007

Yep. That was disgusting. I reported that post, at least I think that was the one I reported.

I was sitting front row upstairs on that end of the ice with my brother. I was looking back toward the neutral zone so I didn't catch it until the last moment, but for a while there my brother also thought he might be dead.

It makes his level of play now that much more impressive. Truly one of the most admirable comebacks I've ever witnessed.

Reactions: BMC and Ladyfan

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
The worst ever was the Toronto fan holding up a "Toronto Stronger" sign just after the marathon bombing. Also, from what I saw, the mods were quite busy deleting sick marathon bombing references during that year's playoffs.
That was bad. I have to say that MOST of the Toronto fans did not approve of that guy with the sign.

Reactions: BMC

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut

Vladar:
  • 1.79 GAA
  • .936 save percentage

Lagace:
  • 2.37 GAA
  • .919 save percentage

Legace is also a UFA after this season. Could they sign him? sure, but he's already 27yr old and didn't show much in his 17 NHL games. Small sample size, but if Rask wasn't available next year then I'd rather go with Vladar or sign a UFA like Dobby.

Reactions: mrjiggyfly

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO

Vladar:
  • 1.79 GAA
  • .936 save percentage

Lagace:
  • 2.37 GAA
  • .919 save percentage
I feel like Vladar would be the better choice just for the fact that no NHL player has faced him yet. There isn't really a book on him yet, and even though Lagace has only played 17 games in the show, there is much more information available for him from the teams I would bet. That being said hopefully we don't have to worry about anyone but Halak starting in goal.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Here you go:

Ever since Tuukka Rask opted out of the NHL playoffs on Saturday morning prior to the Bruins' Game 3 against the Hurricanes, there has been lots of speculation about why he did so.
Rask previously revealed in a text message to Dale Arnold that there was a family emergency, but that everything was now fine.
Listen Live Now on WEEI
In a pair of phone conversations with WEEI's Greg Hill on Tuesday, Rask shared more details about what happened, and Hill relayed the contents of their conversations Wednesday morning on The Greg Hill Show. (Listen to the full segment here or watch the video above.)
"He is concerned right now with not being a further distraction for his team, which is in the middle of the Stanley Cup Playoffs," Hill said. "He would prefer not to be the story and be something those guys are asked about repeatedly as they try to win a Stanley Cup.
"I can tell you that he got a phone call in the bubble from his wife, because there was a medical emergency with their daughter. Basically the kind of situation where I believe Tuukka Rask did what every parent would do and was obviously very concerned. It was suggested they seek medical help. Without revealing what that was, because I think I probably should leave that to him -- he did tell me -- as a father of two kids, I would be panicked and alarmed upon hearing that about a young kid.
"Again, without necessarily revealing what he would not want me to reveal, he did speak to his daughter and his daughter did express something to him about where he was and what her situation was, which I think would lead any father, any parent, especially one who feels like that's their most important job, parenting, to want to rush to be with their family at that time. Personally, I can't imagine being away from your family, away from your young kids, hearing your daughter say what she said, and not being panicked.
"So he made the decision to come home, and I think he knew that there was no way while that was going on that he would be the best teammate, be the best goaltender for that team that is in the middle of the Stanley Cup Playoffs."
Hill said Rask didn't say if he had any plans to return to the Bruins later in the postseason, noting he would probably have to have that conversation with general manager Don Sweeney and team president Cam Neely before making a decision.
And that, ladies and gentlemen, puts that story to bed. I'd prefer not to spend any time with the father that would not have done what Tuukka did in that situation. Gotta hang with people I can relate to on the important things in life.

since76

Jul 14, 2005
Quebec
O
We here all love our hockey team the Boston Bruins. We all follow them through the good and the bad times. We all try to cheer on our team on to the Cup. It took me a lot of years though to realize that not all things Black and Gold are Black and White. Life deals us some bad hands, I still recall clinging to a radio for a weekend trying to get any update on Normand Leveille. And the sick feeling while watching Patrice Bergeron lying on the ice in a completely silent Garden. But we say our prayers and play on. Because that's who we are, this is what we do. Cheer for our team. The Boston Bruins, our team, with all of our history, as great as any ever.
o boy i remember crying so much for Léveillé....

Reactions: BMC and Ladyfan

NinthSpoke06

Nov 30, 2009
Watertown, MA
Tuukka Rask reveals to Greg Hill why he left Bruins

Didnt see this posted. To the people who were disgusting about him leaving, I hope you read this and get a grip and perhaps a soul.

Nothing left to be said.
I support Tuukka.

Lots of people have lots of apologies to make. Bunch of people on here acted like spoiled brats when the announcement came out.

I imagine some people are feeling pretty stupid for their reactions.

Reactions: NDiesel

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
OK, big question. The other night in the second I jumped all over young JDB. Love the kid but not doing enough, needs to be a factor, blah, blah, blah. Clearly two things happened:

1) I know f*** all about anything and JDB's third period showed that in spades.
2) Jake cosmically heard my angst, agreed, and picked it up just because he respects my opinions so deeply.

So it's either 1 or 2. Today I either jump on him at first sign of not being a juggernaut, or I let him be. :laugh:

My comments of frustration the other night aside, he does seem to generally get this whole playoff time of year thing.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

Place needs more posts like this. Well done and well said.

Reactions: NDiesel

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

Vladar:
  • 1.79 GAA
  • .936 save percentage

Lagace:
  • 2.37 GAA
  • .919 save percentage

Vlader won't be the back-up next year. Neither will Lagace (whose a UFA). You can carve it in stone. Ain't happening.

since76

Jul 14, 2005
Quebec
OK, big question. The other night in the second I jumped all over young JDB. Love the kid but not doing enough, needs to be a factor, blah, blah, blah. Clearly two things happened:

1) I know f*** all about anything and JDB's third period showed that in spades.
2) Jake cosmically heard my angst, agreed, and picked it up just because he respects my opinions so deeply.

So it's either 1 or 2. Today I either jump on him at first sign of not being a juggernaut, or I let him be. :laugh:

My comments of frustration the other night aside, he does seem to generally get this whole playoff time of year thing.
FOR me it’s clearly number 2 ))))))

Reactions: Number8
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: