Pre-Game Talk: ECQF GAME 5 4:08 PM - THE BEAR tries to harpoon the whale - NESN, SN, NBCSN, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT
Tuukka Rask reveals to Greg Hill why he left Bruins

Didnt see this posted. To the people who were disgusting about him leaving, I hope you read this and get a grip and perhaps a soul.

Nothing left to be said.
I support Tuukka.

I was obviously initially bothered by the timing, but shit happens... you gotta do what you gotta do. Obviously I'd love Rask to be dialed in and playing because he's our best option in goal, but he had things he needed to attend to and he is doing just that. If he is able to come back I would fully support that, but if not let's hope Jaro and Vladar get the job done.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut

Didnt see this posted. To the people who were disgusting about him leaving, I hope you read this and get a grip and perhaps a soul.

Nothing left to be said.
I support Tuukka.

What's amazing is there are still "fans" that are calling it BS and questioning why he isn't coming back. Its the same people that ride Tuukka all year long. I've come to conclusion that these people would rather have a 50% Rask hoping the team gets eliminated so they can continue to say "see I told you Rask sucks"....these people would rather pump their own ego than see the team win.

It's absolutely mind blowing to me.

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass
I hope the posters who called him a loser for what he did come out and admit they were wrong, but I'd bet they never say another word about it.

Well , first off I hope Tuukka’s daughter is ok . Not sure I picked as side one way or the other . But once again people can have views even if we don’t agree with them. It’s called life.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I'm excited. I wouldn't have been able to watch this game if it were any other start time. How often does that happen in life?
I have been covering for people who are out. Today someone else called out. My boss knows I am sick and tired of being the one who has to cover. Today I told him I would work through lunch but I was leaving at 3:30. I also said no dr appointment but hockey. He said OK.

I have been very grouchy of late and need to retire.

GO B's

BlackCrowes

Sep 10, 2014
Sunny Old Lyme
I think I jumped the gun in questioning Rask’s motives in regards to leaving. I based that on Sweeney’s comments “his family is safe & healthy”. However reading this, I completely understand. And as a father with a daughter, we tend to be super protective of them. Regardless of what the issue was, if my daughter called me distraught, I’d be gone, just as Tuukka was.

With that said I hope he returns for next season.
Personally I never questioned his motives. And as a Father of two teenaged boys I can tell you it’s not just daughters. If one of my boys had a medical emergency and called me to be by his side, I’d burn the Earth down to be with him.

having said that, let’s finish off these Jerks and rest up for Tampa!!!

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass
I have been covering for people who are out. Today someone else called out. My boss knows I am sick and tired of being the one who has to cover. Today I told him I would work through lunch but I was leaving at 3:30. I also said no dr appointment but hockey. He said OK.

I have been very grouchy of late and need to retire.

GO B's
Lol

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Well , first off I hope Tuukka’s daughter is ok . Not sure I picked as side one way or the other . But once again people can have views even if we don’t agree with them. It’s called life.
Well when you create a 'view' with limited information you risk being completely wrong. However there is a difference between not agreeing with what he did and straight up attacking his character - my post was about the latter.

Reactions: Oates2Neely

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
You know Carolina’s going to come out with a big push and looking to respond to their embarrassing response last game, wouldn’t mind seeing Ritchie back in for someone like lindholm or Wagner...

Ritchie isn't suited for playing against a quick team like the Hurricanes, furthermore Wagner and Lindholm have been very good, no need to make that change. If we advance and play heavier teams like TB, Philly or the Isles, I believe Ritchie will see more action.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I was one who rushed to judgement and said he quit on the team. A rushed judgement on my part and I was wrong. I always supported Tuukka in the past and should of this time as well. My apologies to him and his family. I hope his daughter is ok.
You are a good man !

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT

While it's a while in between games, I think it would be extremely beneficial for the B's so Bergy and Pasta can recoop and anyone else whose banged up, especially if we face the Lightning because you know that series is going to be a gong show

Reactions: Mione134

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Personally I never questioned his motives. And as a Father of two teenaged boys I can tell you it’s not just daughters. If one of my boys had a medical emergency and called me to be by his side, I’d burn the Earth down to be with him.

having said that, let’s finish off these Jerks and rest up for Tampa!!!

you betcha......same here..until I'm not here anymore.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I think I jumped the gun in questioning Rask’s motives in regards to leaving. I based that on Sweeney’s comments “his family is safe & healthy”. However reading this, I completely understand. And as a father with a daughter, we tend to be super protective of them. Regardless of what the issue was, if my daughter called me distraught, I’d be gone, just as Tuukka was.

With that said I hope he returns for next season.

Same here.

his “it doesn’t feel like the playoffs” statement after a loss factored in for me as well. Optics were bad.

now we get a little more insight, and now optics are perhaps not so great for me. Such is life.

Apologies to Tuukka. I was in the wrong.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Bruins swept the Canes last year. Slept through periods 1 & 2 on Monday night, turned it on for period 3. Canes are on the ropes, Brindamour has them believing the refs are hosing them, McAvoy laid out their captain (legal hit). I expect the Canes to come out flying and physical. Bruins need to set the tone before the Canes have a chance to

Reactions: lopey and JCRO

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Bruins swept the Canes last year. Slept through periods 1 & 2 on Monday night, turned it on for period 3. Canes are on the ropes, Brindamour has them believing the refs are hosing them, McAvoy laid out their captain (legal hit). I expect the Canes to come out flying and physical. Bruins need to set the tone before the Canes have a chance to
A deflating 3rd period blow up by a young Canes team. And for the Bs- a showing of experience and resiliency.

Bs need to bury the hatchet now while the wound is still open.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby

Nothing left to be said.
I support Tuukka.

This 1000x

Really all this ordeal did was outline which HUMANS I want to talk to on this site. Because there sure was a lack of humanity from many when discussing this.....

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Got bored while I was waiting for a massive data file to download for work and decided to pull the rel numbers for the Bruins in the Carolina series. Just like a stop like, green is towards the top on the team, yellow in the middle and red at the bottom.

upload_2020-8-19_10-50-19.png

As expected guys like Marchy/Bergy are towards the top (mostly green). Maybe the biggest surprise though is Grz whose top 3 in every category but HDCF% Rel where he ranks 5th.

Reactions: The Laukomotive

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario

Nothing left to be said.
I support Tuukka.

I can tell you that he got a phone call in the bubble from his wife, because there was a medical emergency with their daughter. Basically the kind of situation where I believe Tuukka Rask did what every parent would do and was obviously very concerned. It was suggested they seek medical help. Without revealing what that was, because I think I probably should leave that to him -- he did tell me -- as a father of two kids, I would be panicked and alarmed upon hearing that about a young kid.

Reactions: Mione134

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I really would like to see Vlader at some point just to see what we have just in case, ya know? Those goals by Halak were..oof.

Keep your heads up and come out with a bang boys
I know everyone here wants to close this out but maybe today's game is the time/place to start him? I mean just about any goaltender could've done the job that Halak did the other night IMO. It was a fair/mediocre job at best. Not to dump on Jaro but you're right, see what we have with Vlad so that we're not having to find out in an emergency situation. Hey David Ayres, the Zamboni driver:naughty: who played goal for the 'Canes and beat the Leafs could probably fill the bill!?!:sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad