Pre-Game Talk: ECQF GAME 5 4:08 PM - THE BEAR tries to harpoon the whale - NESN, SN, NBCSN, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
I didn't think Halak was that bad. With the Bruins outshooting the Canes 8-0 at the beginning of the game, I had a feeling the first shots they got would result in a goal. How many times do we see that? Goalies are better getting constant action.

Please win, let's not play back to back.
It was the goals he let in. Goals 2&3 were especially weak, if we want to go any where close to the later rounds he needs to be a lot better.

Reactions: lopey

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I didn't think Halak was that bad. With the Bruins outshooting the Canes 8-0 at the beginning of the game, I had a feeling the first shots they got would result in a goal. How many times do we see that? Goalies are better getting constant action.

Please win, let's not play back to back.

He gave up 3 goals and they were all soft. The team was in a 2-0 hole because he failed to make some routine saves.

Reactions: lopey and Mione134

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
He gave up 3 goals and they were all soft. The team was in a 2-0 hole because he failed to make some routine saves.

I agree that he wasn't great but quite honestly, the same arguments are made again and again when Rask is in net about soft goals. At least he is capable of having excellent games. I agree he needs to be better if the Bruins are going deep. At least he has a lot of playoff experience but there is a reason he isn't a starter - back to backs will not be a good scenario.

Reactions: Ladyfan and BAD BOY

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass
Hopefully they can close this series out . Do not need a back2back job tomorrow. This series is still not over. Still play the way they did in game 4 and it will be over. If Pasta can come back that would be great if not work still needs to be done.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
You’d think people would have learned from the treatment they gave Thomas only to find out the depth of his struggle.

You would think, but unfortunately some people think athletes are circus creatures. I hope that article settles it once and for all. There is NO WAY you can argue with that. But sadly, I am sure there will be people who read that article and what Tuukka said and still not get it, care, or understand.

Tuukka is our goalie. And I'm not trading or thinking of trading him. This Cup run is for him.

KrejciWinger

Nov 3, 2015
I really would like to see Vlader at some point just to see what we have just in case, ya know?

It is tempting, isn't it? Honestly I've always been jealous of these teams with giant 6'6 goaltenders who just eat pucks even when they don't see them. Don't get me wrong Rask and Halak are amongst the most talented, but their small frame (rask) and height (halak) make their job tougher.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
In his daughter's eyes and mine he's MVP- Most Valuable Papa.
I think I jumped the gun in questioning Rask’s motives in regards to leaving. I based that on Sweeney’s comments “his family is safe & healthy”. However reading this, I completely understand. And as a father with a daughter, we tend to be super protective of them. Regardless of what the issue was, if my daughter called me distraught, I’d be gone, just as Tuukka was.

With that said I hope he returns for next season.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
I think I jumped the gun in questioning Rask’s motives in regards to leaving. I based that on Sweeney’s comments “his family is safe & healthy”. However reading this, I completely understand. And as a father with a daughter, we tend to be super protective of them. Regardless of what the issue was, if my daughter called me distraught, I’d be gone, just as Tuukka was.

With that said I hope he returns for next season.
I read that part and listened to the segment and had to take a few breaths so I didn't cry. It brought back some memories that I thought I had repressed.

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
I hope the posters who called him a loser for what he did come out and admit they were wrong, but I'd bet they never say another word about it.
I was one who rushed to judgement and said he quit on the team. A rushed judgement on my part and I was wrong. I always supported Tuukka in the past and should of this time as well. My apologies to him and his family. I hope his daughter is ok.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
You know Carolina’s going to come out with a big push and looking to make up for their embarrassing response last game, wouldn’t mind seeing Ritchie back in for someone like lindholm or Wagner...

Last edited:
Reactions: lopey
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad