ECQF Game 4: Capitals @ Hurricanes | 7PM ET | NBCSN,TVAS,SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
Oh ok, didn’t realize it was 32. I’ll talk to the league about having the score reversed and Caps go up 3-1 now.
Thank you, that’s all I want. Good luck getting the Pens to agree tho, they hold the most wait with Lemieux. Always working to undermine the Caps

Kuznetstrom

Apr 18, 2019
You're kidding right? You must have missed the boarding on Oshie. Yeah, and Washington are the dirty team. Let's face it, it's the playoffs, there are dirty plays EVERY SHIFT.

Give them a break. They aren't used to playoff hockey.

TSA0402

Apr 4, 2011
Ottawa
Refs didn't want the controversy of a 5 minute boarding call deciding this game leading to more questions.

They let at least 2 Washington penalties go because of that. I get that, what I don't get is these people saying that was barely a 2 minute penalty. Sorry but that's insane.

Reactions: Kuznetstrom

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
Last minute and a half the caps got away with a boarding and an obvious high stick.

There’s no point complaining. Both sides deserved more penalties than they got and it should be that way. It’s the playoffs. It’s supposed to be tough. It’s supposed to be dirty.

And the better team tonight won.
You think a star player will fake an injury and take himself out of the last few minutes of a game?

Reactions: Chips

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
You think a star player will fake an injury and take himself out of the last few minutes of a game?
Yes. To get a power play when his team is down late. Why not take yourself to the bench? They’ll take you to the locker room themselves if you need it.

And I didn’t say fake it. I said play it up. I believe he was hurt.

Reactions: Tryamw
Dec 30, 2013
You're kidding right? You must have missed the boarding on Oshie. Yeah, and Washington are the dirty team. Let's face it, it's the playoffs, there are dirty plays EVERY SHIFT.

Yeah, definitely boarding from that far out. Either way, that's one example.

Caps have been slashing, cross checking, and making late hits the entire series. Last game we had a player puking in the tunnel because he was deliberately hit in the balls. TT took a highstick which drew blood and got no call.

The Caps have been living up to their reputation this series

Last edited:

Neighbor Lee

Sponsor
Oct 25, 2013
Droneview
I'm not talking about the loudness. It seemed as though cheering was constant at the same level throughout the entire game. Even when you can hear loud boos there was a constant cheer in the background.

No, there really isn't a need to pump the noise. Pretty constant when i was there monday but i'll check with my daughters. they're there tonight

GlitchMarner

Typical malevolent, devious & vile Maple Leafs fan
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
Well, the Canes have made this a series. The Caps' depth players need to do SOMETHING offensively. The Canes have gotten some depth scoring. I'll say Caps in six or seven, but CAR is a good team.

Reactions: Dark Ambient

StrmSurge

Skol!
Mar 19, 2019
Salem, SC
Yeah, definitely boarding from that far out. Either way, that's one example.

Caps have been slashing, cross checking, and making late hits the entire series. Last game we had a player puking in the tunnel because he was purposefully hit in the balls. TT took a highstick which drew blood and got no call.

The Caps have been living up to their reputation this series

caps fans complaining about the officiating is gonna make me vomit, and I won't even need a stick drivin into my balls. That team gets away with murder.

Dewey Eye

Apr 28, 2014
****ing great. Reports are a collarbone. Looks like Oshie’s out for the playoffs. For a “minor” boarding “dive.” And gets to skate off the ice to cheers.

That's a shame. Karma never loses.

- Tom wilson

devbouz12

Eugene's dad
Jan 15, 2012
I hope the crowd noise pumping thing is a farce because that shit would be embarrassing af

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009
‘May or may not have noise being pumped in but the arena is designed to “throw” the noise back in compared to most areas just letting it dissipate. Remember reading or watching something on this and it has something to do with the roof and/or the transition to the roof iirc.

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
Refs didn't want the controversy of a 5 minute boarding call deciding this game leading to more questions.

They let at least 2 Washington penalties go because of that. I get that, what I don't get is these people saying that was barely a 2 minute penalty. Sorry but that's insane.

Two minutes because it wasn't a malicious check. Foegele gave him a light push around 5 feet from the wall. Oshie fell awkwardly. There wasn't any intent to injure or taking advantage of a defenseless player, a Caps specialty.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Raleigh is a college town in the south. We don't need to pipe in noise.

If you give us something to yell about, we will happily blow the roof off of our building. It literally happens every time this team makes the playoffs.

When they make it, they make noise.

This isn't a new thing- forget the Cup runs of 2002 and 2006. Raleigh was also loud in 2001 and 2009.

Heck, I'll bet they made noise in '99 at the Greensboro Coliseum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad