ECQF Game 4: Capitals @ Hurricanes | 7PM ET | NBCSN,TVAS,SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
You have the glasses on bud, I don’t even hate the Canes I’ve enjoyed both teams this year. I never deny the penalties on the Caps. There were calls the Canes got away with, absolutely 100%, some equally obvious to at least 2 of the 3 late ignored penalties

So then what’s the difference? Calls missed on both sides, Caps don’t have a leg to stand on when using that as an excuse or a complaint

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
Caps screwed up. They needed one win. They just gave the Canes, who are playing with house money, all they incentive they need to steal one. If they win game 5, Canes win it all at home game 6,

Reactions: Sigurd

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
Caps were lucky that none of their multiple penalties called in the last two minutes. There were at least 3 but maybe even more than that
Well there were 32 calls ignored for the Canes, the NHL and NBC wants the Canes to win

illicit

Jul 28, 2011
Vancouver
I knew the Caps were dirty pieces of ****, I didn't realize they had the refs on payroll though.

You're kidding right? You must have missed the boarding on Oshie. Yeah, and Washington are the dirty team. Let's face it, it's the playoffs, there are dirty plays EVERY SHIFT.

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
Definitely not a boarding on Oshie. Minor was the correct call.
Both teams were allowed to get away with minor stuff all game. I can't count the number of times Wilson ran someone from behind.

Canes were the better team tonight. They were able to transition the puck out of the D zone consistently.

Caps were fortunate to get 1 goal as a result of a broken stick.

I'm sure they will bounce back at home.

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
So then what’s the difference? Calls missed on both sides, Caps don’t have a leg to stand on when using that as an excuse or a complaint
That’s literally what I was saying... people complaining about the Caps getting away with stuff are wasting their breath

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Last minute and a half the caps got away with a boarding and an obvious high stick.

There’s no point complaining. Both sides deserved more penalties than they got and it should be that way. It’s the playoffs. It’s supposed to be tough. It’s supposed to be dirty.

And the better team tonight won.

dogbazinho

May 24, 2006
Fairfax, VA
So if I legally check a guy center ice and he breaks a leg hitting the boards that a major for boarding. End result sucks. You normally have to be able to fall from where hit into the boards which obviously was not the case

Yes, and if a player gets injured it's always a 5 minute major!

Reactions: Tryamw

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009
Not really and watch the replay of the Oshie ‘hit’ again. It was barely even a push. Unfortunate result of losing an edge
Boarding literally has nothing to do with how a player was hit into the boards and everything to do with the impact of the boards. You realize that right? Completely legal hit can be a cause of a Boarding call. Let alone a cross check from behind within a couple feet from the boards. Aka the most dangerous area for Boarding.

Reactions: Dark Ambient
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad