Status
Not open for further replies.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
backtobackgames.gif

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
Win or lose, hope this is a close one. I wanna see a battle.

Hope the Caps brought their swimming trunks this game, the Canes go all out with the hurricane theme, apparently ;)

TBanff

Apr 11, 2012
Hurricanes will need Category 5 level intensity to pull through this one.

Buffy

Apr 20, 2012
I want to see some good hockey, and Caps get some momentum back.
Let's Go Caps!

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
This game could decide the series. Caps win, they have a stranglehold on the series going back to home ice.

Canes win, they have all the momentum, and if it looks anything like Game 3, all the knowledge that they can easily win the series.

Decide the series? That seems overly dramatic. If the Canes win...even if they stomp the Caps...it goes back to DC with a best of 3 and the Caps have home ice.

If it's one thing I'm sure of it's the Caps are not a momentum team when it comes to playoff series. For them it's about buy-in. Either they strap in and do their jobs, even when they've looked terrible to date, or they phone it in, usually with a lead. So far they've been phoning it in about half the time and still have a 2-1 lead.

It took them a few games to show up last year vs CBJ so look out if they find that same gear.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Canes win, they have all the momentum, and if it looks anything like Game 3, all the knowledge that they can easily win the series.

Momentum game to game doesn't exist. If the Hurricanes win it means they held serve, if the Capitals win, it means the Hurricanes have to win two in D.C.

It is what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad