Post-Game Talk: ECQF Game 3: WSH at New York Rangers - Swiss Cheese Neckbeard

Bardof425*

First game I have ever seen where a team had 9 men on the ice and the other team got called for too many men on the ice.

It was the right call. The Rangers were in the middle of a routine change nowhere near the puck. The Caps had a player jump on the ice early to break up a 2 on 1. Pay attention; you may see it again some day. And then it may be the right call too.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
It was the right call. The Rangers were in the middle of a routine change nowhere near the puck. The Caps had a player jump on the ice early to break up a 2 on 1. Pay attention; you may see it again some day. And then it may be the right call too.

I get scared because we usually get called for TMM :laugh:

BarbaraAlphanse

If Rangers win game 4, I fully expect the series to become a powder keg. Oates is making some subtle remarks, some Caps players made subtle remarks earlier on in the series. Being up 2-0 they'll be on edge. Oates is already on edge.

Look for some nastiness if we win tomorrow night.

That being said, I have a conspiracy that the NHL wants a Caps Pens Eastern conference finals. I fully expected the refs to give us the benefit of the calls yesterday as to extend the series slightly longer. I'd be surprised if they call for us again. Expecting a strong referee interference tomorrow night against us.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
The Capitals player came off the bench and broke up the odd-man rush. I think it's pretty clear why they were called for TMM.

True. You can have 10 men on the ice at once as long as the new players don't interact with the active play until the old players are on the bench.

That lead to the scene where our players were jumping to avoid the puck before climbing onto the bench.

Holocene

Mar 10, 2011
Toms River, NJ
I thought he normally was. Am I missing something with JR and all? I've seen a few people say he hates the Rangers when I never got that from him. Eddie O? Sure. Doc? Sure. JR? Eh, I don't see the hate.

Everyone hates the Rangers. Everyone is against us. Everyone is a homer of the team we are playing.

:sarcasm:

Holocene

Mar 10, 2011
Toms River, NJ
Love the "If a Ranger player did it" argument, no it wouldn't be lauded, at least not by non-homer fans. I'd much rather players on my team didn't act like drama queens.

Right. Does no one remember that Buffalo? Winnipeg? game where Callahan went on a diving spree? Pretty sure we were all ripping him for that embarrassing display.

truebluegoalie

Nov 28, 2008
Virginia
Me and this guy are on the same page here. I have been VERY happy with Lundy's play all season, but it's not difficult to see that outside of the Pens/Isles series, Carey Price, Cory Scheider and James Reimer, every goaltender has brought their game to that next level... Would anyone here say that these last 3 games have been his best? I doubt many would... With that said, I (just as anyone else in this thread) am looking forward to one of those signature King Henrik game steals (hopefully that next game in Washington after we keep the offensive pedal to the metal at home).

If the Rangers had managed to score a goal in game 2 then I think that could probably have been considered as one of his signature steals. Amazing what a difference scoring one goal would have made.

toastbag

Apr 23, 2012
His comments after game 2 were right on the money.

Oh I totally agree, but IMO you don't say something like that. I can gurantee Henrik wouldn't say that if the situation were reversed. Maybe it's just b/c he rubs me the wrong way, but I just think that's a stupid thing to say.

rholt168

Hen-rik!
Mar 30, 2009
The main board is filled with insufferable Pejorative Slurs. I recommend staying away if you get heated quickly. But, if you enjoy a good laugh at the expense of someone whose sole means of communication is through a computer at their local library than go right ahead. It is quite funny.

Still feeling Rangers in 6.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
I have no idea why you continue to say stuff like this. There is no "elite." There are simply people that understand the game and offer good conversation and there are people that don't. There are a number of great, newer posters who are great to talk about the game with. So yeah -- there are two different categories of people, but it's not separated into "the elite" and whatever. I don't know why you keep saying that even though you've been told you are wrong.
I did not say there WAS a hockey elite. I DID say that based on the actions and words and tone of several posters you would think there is an elite. There are def people in all walks of life including on this board who carry themselves as if they were.

Even among those who might be the most hockey knowledgable there is great difference in what is seen on the ice. Hell even on any hockey show where respected analysts discuss hockey the analysts routinely disagree so it shows that not every opinion is completely correct or incorrect. Where we fail as a collective is acknowledging this and we treat those we find to be completely wrong like they are beneath us.

None of us are in any position of importance in the hockey world. If they are they act too condescending and do not show it.

Many here agree with the sentiment that we as a collective are way too catty and condescending and many agree that there are folks who act in a way that could be classified as high and mighty. That doesn't make it fact it indicates that there probably is an issue with personalities conflicting and the way we talk to one another.

As I have said to you several times on several topics I respect your opinion but have hated the way you express it. In terms of your actual opinions even if I disagree with them I understand them and it is your right to have/ express them. You may not wish or like reading this but of course you are free to ignore me

Anyway good luck to you. I look forward to seeing your opinions even if I hate them or disagree vehemently and will do my best to remain respectful and stay out of the whole personal attack/condescension business which I found myself getting sucked into.

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
Is it just me or does Holtby have a habit of gloving a shot and trying to throw it back into play as he gets a whistle?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad