nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Holtby is the poor man's Hank.

braden-holtby-tim-hortons.jpg

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Millbury and Roenick are known Rangers haters. Those bullet points are there to fuel commentator analysis and discussion. It's not like they have Sam and Joe as their in-studio analysts. It's like watching the Knicks with Charles Barkely as our announcer, it'll just perpetuate negative conversation and since the guy who writes the bullets that appear on screen (such as this screen cap) knows that he'll skew in the light the talkers want to talk about it (most of the time).

Thats an ESPN graphic.

But nice try trying to push this stupid theory along.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
So glad they finally scored some goals on that *****. I can't stand that smug look he always has not to mention his smart ass comments that he made after game 2. I wonder what the piece of **** is saying now.

His comments after game 2 were right on the money.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
I have no idea what MDZ was doing last night. At one point he just stared at the puck for a minute behind our own goal and finally someone on the caps skated over, forced a turnover and they score. WTF?

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Yet reading many arguements and posts you'd think there was a high society of posters or something. An HF Hockey elite. Maybe we're all just a giant collection of *******. Seems about normal

I have no idea why you continue to say stuff like this. There is no "elite." There are simply people that understand the game and offer good conversation and there are people that don't. There are a number of great, newer posters who are great to talk about the game with. So yeah -- there are two different categories of people, but it's not separated into "the elite" and whatever. I don't know why you keep saying that even though you've been told you are wrong.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
I have no idea what MDZ was doing last night. At one point he just stared at the puck for a minute behind our own goal and finally someone on the caps skated over, forced a turnover and they score. WTF?

He's just plain dumb sometimes. Stands around forever and doesn't see pressure coming from forecheckers. One-Eyed Staal played better than him.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
Eddie O is absolutely 100% biased against the Rangers. I actually have heard Milbury be complimentary now and then. Eddie? Never.

Yea Eddie has his moments, he's next on the list for sure. He gushes over McDonagh a few times every game though.

Interesting that we all hear things differently. Personally I've got nothing against JR, all things considered.

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
I thought he normally was. Am I missing something with JR and all? I've seen a few people say he hates the Rangers when I never got that from him. Eddie O? Sure. Doc? Sure. JR? Eh, I don't see the hate.

You have to admit, no other team gets treated like the Rangers. Every other year certain 'pundits' will include the Rangers in their Cup predictions. Then blast the hell out of them for not living up to the 'talent on paper'. Makes them look even worse than the fans that do it on here yearly, cause most of us knew in the first place that behind all the glitz of the names are the holes, the cracks, we see them cause we've been around long enough to have absolute CLINICS in how NOT to build a winner.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
You have to admit, no other team gets treated like the Rangers. Every other year certain 'pundits' will include the Rangers in their Cup predictions. Then blast the hell out of them for not living up to the 'talent on paper'. Makes them look even worse than the fans that do it on here yearly, cause most of us knew in the first place that behind all the glitz of the names are the holes, the cracks, we see them cause we've been around long enough to have absolute CLINICS in how NOT to build a winner.

It comes with the NY Sports in general, I think.

Jarkko Immonen

#42 Artem Anisimov
Oct 23, 2005
Connecticut
Yea Eddie has his moments, he's next on the list for sure. He gushes over McDonagh a few times every game though.

Interesting that we all hear things differently. Personally I've got nothing against JR, all things considered.

Only Milbury bothers me. He talks for the sake of talking. The rest of the crew are fine, IMO.

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Oct 8, 2010
The only NBC broadcaster who I think clearly, 100% is biased against the Rangers is Millbury.

Milbury is biased against everyone. :laugh:

Only NBC analyst that I like in regards to the Rangers is McGuire, he's always gushing about our College players. Like on the Stepan goal last night.

"It starts with Wisconsin, and it ends with Wisconsin."

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Milbury is biased against everyone. :laugh:

Only NBC analyst that I like in regards to the Rangers is McGuire, he's always gushing about our College players. Like on the Stepan goal last night.

"It starts with Wisconsin, and it ends with Wisconsin."

Pierre? Yuck. I just hate him as an analyst in general. Not biased against us or anything -- I just can't stand him.

Clowes Line

Cally's Chicken Parm
Aug 11, 2010
New Yawk
www.outsidethegarden.com
I like Pierre. Non-biased and full of knowledge and insight, although he does seem to talk way too much and say irrelevant ****. He knows where every single NHL player went to school/played juniors and mentions it every time they do something of significance.

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Oct 8, 2010
Pierre? Yuck. I just hate him as an analyst in general. Not biased against us or anything -- I just can't stand him.

I like McGuire, he's smart and his passion for hockey is pretty undeniable.

He's obviously weird, but that's one of the reasons I like him. He isn't stale or a straight-up Rangers hater like Eddie O or Emrick.

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
It comes with the NY Sports in general, I think.

Agreed, how easy is it to get a NY sports fan mad at ya? :D

Just wanted to mention, watching a replay of last night's game now, halfway through the third. Lundqvist has made 3 or 4 highlight reel saves by this point. I think it's sad that some still take him for granted, thinking a shutout is worth more in the playoffs.

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
I like McGuire, he's smart and his passion for hockey is pretty undeniable.

He's obviously weird, but that's one of the reasons I like him. He isn't stale or a straight-up Rangers hater like Eddie O or Emrick.

Agreed. There are way more obnoxious guys working in hockey.

What always comes back to me about NHL 'personalities' is - 'this is the best they can do ?' They have a few HOF's and then the dropoff borders on WWE.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad