Post-Game Talk: ECQF Game 3: WSH at New York Rangers - Swiss Cheese Neckbeard

5 4 Fighting

Registered snoozer
Feb 13, 2013
Bk all day
If Rangers win game 4, I fully expect the series to become a powder keg. Oates is making some subtle remarks, some Caps players made subtle remarks earlier on in the series. Being up 2-0 they'll be on edge. Oates is already on edge.

Look for some nastiness if we win tomorrow night.

That being said, I have a conspiracy that the NHL wants a Caps Pens Eastern conference finals. I fully expected the refs to give us the benefit of the calls yesterday as to extend the series slightly longer. I'd be surprised if they call for us again. Expecting a strong referee interference tomorrow night against us.

Personally, I can't agree more. Look for the Caps to be on the PP continuously tomorrow night. Regarding the nastiness factor, it's been there all series regarding Brouwer, Erskine, and Oleksy.

We need to step up, we have a tougher group of guys out there. Boyle, Clowe, Asham, Dorsett, Callahan should be more than enough, but so far, it isn't for some reason. Maybe Torts doesn't like the after the whistle stuff. We need to step it up even more if we will win tomorrow and beyond. LGR!

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
If Rangers win game 4, I fully expect the series to become a powder keg. Oates is making some subtle remarks, some Caps players made subtle remarks earlier on in the series. Being up 2-0 they'll be on edge. Oates is already on edge.

Look for some nastiness if we win tomorrow night.

That being said, I have a conspiracy that the NHL wants a Caps Pens Eastern conference finals. I fully expected the refs to give us the benefit of the calls yesterday as to extend the series slightly longer. I'd be surprised if they call for us again. Expecting a strong referee interference tomorrow night against us.

Im sure the NHL hates ratings and doesnt want the NHL's biggest city to be there.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
Get out your protractor.

Original shot trajectory and how it's changed by the angle and distance of the tip and most importantly, the correct positioning of the goaltender and how severely it has to react to the changed trajectory. The shot yesterday that was going blocker side and Henrik was moving out of his positioning to blocker it away and presumably out of play. From the distance Backstrom deflected at, Henrik had a chance but it was so perfectly placed and directed toward the five hole, it's not really his fault at all EXCEPT for perhaps playing the blocker save a little bit aggressively than he has to.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Invisible for the most part. Wouldn't be shocked if he still hurt/rusty...going to take a few games for him to get back to 100% especially with the way he plays.

I didn't think he was invisible. He had some decent shifts and towards the end of the game he was skating well. Definitely a bit rusty be he looked better last night than he did in his first game. He is going to be a valuable player for this team.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
I can only comment on what happens here now and yea this place is rife with passive aggressiveness and condescension. But what got me was I was having a PM with Jonathan and I was pointing out how we started bickering b/c I made a overly dramatic post about Brich spitting in the face of every ranger fan. Now I had done this sort of thing before, postt in an overly dramatic fashion, mostly for fun without fully meaning it but the level of condescension I received pissed me off so much that I kept on with it which in the end represents me poorly but i was more concerned with basically telling someone to eff off than I was with representing myself on a forum.
I was questioning why you would condescend to someone over a stupid opinion even if it is idiotic. Why not just laugh at how uninformed the opinion is and try to discuss it? Then I read a post about Hank in game 2 that criticized him to a ridiculous degree and all I wanted to do was tell the guy he was an idiot, etc. The culture here and in many places is to use anonymity or safety in numbers to insult users/others and put yourself on a pedestal. I found myself starting to have this same reaction it just comes naturally. The truth is we should not be taking this crap (peoples opinions) so damn seriously. That’s what drove me to this post.

I don’t want to start doing that crap. I want to laugh and be falsely dramatic on occasion. But until I put up a sig warning people I'm playing around I should expect condescension and reactions that are similarly extreme though it should not be that way. I don’t want to be a dick to people. Plus I was bored and I like discussing behavior especially internet behavior. Kind of OT in a way but at the same time every SINGLE thread half of it is dedicated to chest bumping and taunting moreso than hockey. Hard to miss and hard to avoid getting sucked into.

Alright so enough of this Oprah **** from me. Sorry to any I was rude to no matter what my reasoning was I will do my best to respect and encourage discussion of even the absolute stupidest of opinions in lieu of ridicule.

Yes, we are all guilty of it at times. Some people just get you more than others even if they are posting the same thing others are. It's how you say it sometimes.

Notice as well, this is a post-game thread, for discussion of the game after the fact. A large majority of entry posts (my own included) tend to be cheering, celebratory remarks, shock or relief. None of this really adds to any actual or intelligent discussion, but everyone is fine with it. However, if you are to post something like:

"What an ugly win! They managed to get out of this one but they need to do x, y, or z better if they want to to win the series. Hopefully they play better next game."

You will instantly receive at least 3 posts quoting that and saying something along the lines of, "OMG NOTHING IS GOOD ENOUGH FOR YOU!! Can't you just be happy with a win!?!?!?"

Comically enough the pessimists critical post is much closer to something actually resembling a discussion, but it is frowned upon.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Yes, we are all guilty of it at times. Some people just get you more than others even if they are posting the same thing others are. It's how you say it sometimes.

Notice as well, this is a post-game thread, for discussion of the game after the fact. A large majority of entry posts (my own included) tend to be cheering, celebratory remarks, shock or relief. None of this really adds to any actual or intelligent discussion, but everyone is fine with it. However, if you are to post something like:

"What an ugly win! They managed to get out of this one but they need to do x, y, or z better if they want to to win the series. Hopefully they play better next game."

You will instantly receive at least 3 posts quoting that and saying something along the lines of, "OMG NOTHING IS GOOD ENOUGH FOR YOU!! Can't you just be happy with a win!?!?!?"

Comically enough the pessimists critical post is much closer to something actually resembling a discussion, but it is frowned upon.

I agree, but really how often is it that, rather than "We suck I hate this team". That's the stuff that annoys people.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
I agree, but really how often is it that, rather than "We suck I hate this team". That's the stuff that annoys people.

Yep, and I don't blame people for getting upset at that because it adds less than nothing to the discussion. You see a bit of both.

In general the board needs to be more open to people being critical of the team's play in wins. It's immediately taken as someone not enjoying the fact they won rather than being glad they won, but wanting to see more from the team. To me that's saying you know this team can be better, and that's a good thing. Settling for mediocre rarely is, however.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Brian Boyle doesn't score weak goals. Except in 2010-11, when he scored 18 of them.

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
I completely see that we have a lot to work on the next game to improve, especially managing to get out of our own zone.

But, isn't it pleasant that the Capitals now also have things they need to work on if they're going to beat the Rangers ? Them happy thoughts \o/

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad