Post-Game Talk: ECQF Game 3: WSH at New York Rangers - Swiss Cheese Neckbeard

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
First game I have ever seen where a team had 9 men on the ice and the other team got called for too many men on the ice.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
I didn't see a good replay of it. Did Beaver even get Ovichicken's face at all? His head snapped back like he got shot.

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Oct 8, 2010
Just wanted to mention, watching a replay of last night's game now, halfway through the third. Lundqvist has made 3 or 4 highlight reel saves by this point. I think it's sad that some still take him for granted, thinking a shutout is worth more in the playoffs.

Yeah, I mean, Lundqvist wasn't perfect last night, and the third goal kind of irked me, but man, some of the saves he made were unbelievable, like the save on Ribeiro.

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Oct 8, 2010
Yea, pretty sure he nicked it.

If Nash made the same play, he'd be lauded.

Nah, I'd be cursing him out, too. That was careless from Richards, IMO. EDIT: Misread what you meant. Honestly, I wouldn't want any of my players diving like that, even if it helped out the team. Disgraceful, IMO.

That being said, should have been called a dive...that was ridiculous. Looked like he'd been shot in the face with a Magnum. :facepalm:

Last edited:

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
Pierre? Yuck. I just hate him as an analyst in general. Not biased against us or anything -- I just can't stand him.

I was the same way up till recent. I like him now. yeah he's a tad creepy but he's a big fan and we can't deny that.

Met him once at an NBC broadcasted Rangers game. Was at warmups and he seemed pretty cool

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Agreed, how easy is it to get a NY sports fan mad at ya? :D

Just wanted to mention, watching a replay of last night's game now, halfway through the third. Lundqvist has made 3 or 4 highlight reel saves by this point. I think it's sad that some still take him for granted, thinking a shutout is worth more in the playoffs.

Lundqvist was Jeckyl and Hyde last night. Making amazing saves and then lets that 3rd goal of theirs in. He had a great first period, though.

CH2

Jun 23, 2009
NYC
I don't know if I've been more observant during the playoffs or what, but the quality put out by the beat writers both on twitter and in articles has been terrible. Only Brooksie and Katie Strang have been consistent and correct with their information. The rest of them speculate and recant information quite a bit. Zip has really lost it on twitter getting mad at people for asking questions.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Is he supposed to save severe deflections now?

The 3rd goal wasn't a severe deflection and was a slow enough shot that he should have saved it. The first goal he had no chance on. The goal where Pyatt screened him was iffy as well (he was screened a bit, but his slow glove hand bit him in the ass once again).

I just think Lundqvist was not ready for a shot on the 3rd goal. He wasn't set and just wasn't ready.

LittleKev6D9

Unregistered User
Dec 14, 2011
Middletown
Full celebrity list from last night:

Tom ****ing Hanks!
Kevin Jonas (got some boos)
Some guy I missed
Justin tuck (he comes to quiet a few games, especially playoffs. In a jersey)
Chris copeland (he's gone to a few games this year)
Matt Harvey (apparently he's been a few times. Never showed him before)
Will Arnett (He's come a few times recently. As a candian, he's gotta get hockey somewhere when he's in ny)
John McEnroe (he's a big fan, and friends with ludnqvist. At the garden ALL the time)

Copeland constitutes as a celebrity?

Harvey considers himself a big Rangers fan. He tweets about the games. Also I saw he has permission to miss tomorrow's Mets game so he can go to The Garden.

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
The 3rd goal wasn't a severe deflection and was a slow enough shot that he should have saved it. The first goal he had no chance on. The goal where Pyatt screened him was iffy as well (he was screened a bit, but his slow glove hand bit him in the ass once again).

I just think Lundqvist was not ready for a shot on the 3rd goal. He wasn't set and just wasn't ready.

Third goal was definitely one he should have stopped, as you said it wasn't a wicked deflection. That's one he knows he messed up on, not a big deal. Pretty silly we can't even discuss it without getting thrown into the "Lundqvist hater" category.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Third goal was definitely one he should have stopped, as you said it wasn't a wicked deflection. That's one he knows he messed up on, not a big deal. Pretty silly we can't even discuss it without getting thrown into the "Lundqvist hater" category.

Yep. I gave him all the praise in the world in the first. He was lights out. Only goal was one that was completely unstoppable.

Krams

Feb 13, 2012
Harvey considers himself a big Rangers fan. He tweets about the games. Also I saw he has permission to miss tomorrow's Mets game so he can go to The Garden.

That was a joke from the laughable 'PR' department the Mets have.

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Oct 8, 2010
Green has a laser wrist shot. Not really going to get on Lundqvist for that goal, he shouldn't have been allowed to walk right in like that.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL

He didn't see it at all. If he could see it I would agree.

Krams

Feb 13, 2012
First game I have ever seen where a team had 9 men on the ice and the other team got called for too many men on the ice.

The Capitals player came off the bench and broke up the odd-man rush. I think it's pretty clear why they were called for TMM.

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
He didn't see it at all. If he could see it I would agree.

It's his job to track the puck, he HAS to see it. I am pretty sure he'd tell you the same thing. I'm not knocking him, we all know how important he is to this team and that he is a world class talent but there was a shot prior to that one that he picked up late and then the goal which he didn't pick up at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad