GDT: ECQF 6 | FLYERS (A) vs. Canadiens (H) | Friday, Aug. 21, 2020 | 7:00 pm ET | Flyers lead series 3-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I don’t need to tell you guys that we were absolutely killing it before we had grant and Thompson. It’s bizarre that they’ve both become locks pretty much since they got here. Two f***ing fourth line centers bringing the team speed down drastically. Rather have frost or bunny lose every face off and be able to keep up

Two 4C's on REALLY BAD TEAMS no less.

Anaheim was awful and Montreal was completely out of it and in sell mode at the time.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
If NAK is still out and they refuse to put in Frost I’d roll these:

Farabee Coots Jake
JVR Giroux Konecny
Laughton Hayes Raffl
Bunny Thompson/Grant Pitlick

maybe G can spark JVR and Konecny.

Ideally Frost would be in. Also wonder if Friedman slots in instead of Ghost is Niskanen is suspended since they love have having d on their strong side.

Tanner and Grant are locks, so make all lineups with that in mind.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
I'll believe it when I see it. Grant played 15 minutes last night. PP and PK. Bunnaman only played 6 and no specials. Maybe Grant gets demoted but scratched entirely? Doubtful.
AV kept rolling with Grant as ES because he wouldn't take G off the line.

The PP2 personnel is bonkers because JVR, Ghost and NAK are scratched ( :laugh: :cry:). They should keep PP1 on the ice as long as possible, but that's another story, anyway.

Grant has been okay on the PK, though he was sleeping on Gallagher's goal, if I remember correctly.

Maybe you're right about demoting Grant, but if he's not getting scratched, he'll still be centring the third line. :help:

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey

This guy is lobbying pretty hard for a Niskanen suspension. Last six recent tweets about it.

As I mentioned in the PGT, it's might suspicious that pretty much the only injury update we've received during the playoffs came last night where Lavoie said that he has heard/believes that Gallagher broke his jaw.

If you couple that with this obvious social media campaign to get Niskanen suspended something smells mighty fishy.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
I didn't think I would be, but I am worried about Game 6 as I wake up today.

It is easy for AV to justify keeping the lineup the same (pending on a possible Niskanen suspension, I guess). Both ES goals against and the SH goal were clear individual errors, so he could potentially believe that things don't need to change for Game 6. That's scary.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Gallagher is 4 feet tall and turned right into that crosscheck. Niskanen was going for a standard crosscheck to the back.

Pure karma for being a total piece of shit. Dangerous hit on Provy early in the 1st and than dove to draw the penalty that this hit took place on.

f*** him and the pony he rode in on.

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
Its so embarrassing. We are probably the only eastern series to go beyond 5 games...and we are the 1 seed.

AV better reunite Ghost with Provy if Nisk comes out.

FlyerFaithful17

Feb 24, 2015
As I mentioned in the PGT, it's might suspicious that pretty much the only injury update we've received during the playoffs came last night where Lavoie said that he has heard/believes that Gallagher broke his jaw.

If you couple that with this obvious social media campaign to get Niskanen suspended something smells mighty fishy.
Typical Montreal!!!

FlyerFaithful17

Feb 24, 2015
Its so embarrassing. We are probably the only eastern series to go beyond 5 games...and we are the 1 seed.

Win this round, and it’s a clean slate. The 97 mowed everyone down and then got swept in the Finals.

I do understand, and share, your frustration though.

Reactions: Rebels57

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City

People keep talking about the number 1 seed like the Flyers dominated the regular season. :laugh:

The two best teams in the East finished their series already. The Flyers are in good position to follow suit.

FLYERSFAN18

May 31, 2008
Pennsylvania
What young kids? Frost and ???

We're starting Farabee (missed one game to clear his head), Bunnaman, Sanheim, Myers, Hart, NAK (injured), Lindblom (injured), Patrick (injured).

The rest of our "kids" aren't ready, Kase, Sushko, Rubtsov, Twarysnki, Ratcliffe, Friedman, while Allison, Laczynski, York, Brink, Hogberg et al aren't available.

Maybe you didn't notice, but we do have an AHL franchise, and the kids play on a regular basis.
And AV held open auditions last season for most of the AHL roster.

If Farabee needed a game to clear his head after scoring a goal the previous game and not being the worst problem in game two, how many games do Hagg, Braun, Niskanen, Thompson and Grant need to clear their heads after being complete dog shit every game since the restart?

Oh I get it. He doesn't have much playoff experience and all those cheering/angry fans in the stands were going to get in his head by calling him a bum

Last edited:

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I don’t need to tell you guys that we were absolutely killing it before we had grant and Thompson. It’s bizarre that they’ve both become locks pretty much since they got here. Two f***ing fourth line centers bringing the team speed down drastically. Rather have frost or bunny lose every face off and be able to keep up

We were killing it after we got them as well, so basically it means we were winning despite our bottom six, whomever we put in at center.

And we took off AFTER we sent Frost down to the AHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad