GDT: ECQF 3: FLYERS (a) vs. Canadiens (h) at Toronto, Sunday, Aug. 16, 2020, 8:00 pm ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodu58

Nov 12, 2017
Lets see how the team responds to the bloody nose that was last game. What's the teams record following a loss?

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
I don't think you're gonna fatigue a 21 year old goalie who played 70 games a year in junior hockey!
Especially when Thompson is only on the ice 5x5 for maybe 10 minutes a night.

Nice try, but I'm sure you can do better. :D

You've obviously never played goalie before. Im not worried about long term fatigue. Im confident Hart can go the distance. But short term fatigue is a very real thing and the effects of age are much less a factor here. Every save you have to make after the initial drains you and makes it that much harder to make the next until you clear the zone and have 20-30 seconds to compose yourself and refocus mentally.

When you are getting hemmed in the zone and are literally playing on your toes for a period of time, the chances of letting a 'fluke' goal in are exponentially higher. It's never about the quantity of shots, its about the quantity and velocity in which they occur. Id have happily played a game in my days where i saw one shot per minute for 60 shots total rather than 4 shots over a minute, nothing for 3 minutes, then 6 shots over 2 minutes. It's nearly impossible to reset, square, adjust angles and put yourself in the best possible situation to make a save in that type of game. Theres been one goalie who never really had an issue with it in my lifetime, and hes probably the greatest goalie of all time (or at least, the "modern" era). I've got a ton of faith in Hart to be a phenomenal goalie, but in no way am i going to expect him to go out and play like Hasek every night.

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
I would like to abandon the idea that limited ice time doesn't matter in games, let alone games in an elimination series.

Nothing matters until everything matters

ANYWAYS, good morning guys! Flyers are going to play a good game tonight. I can sense it. I’ve got the faith!

XOum.gif

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
January was so long ago, lets hope they remember how to bounce back like they used to

I mean, this is largely the same team that had the 2nd best points % in the NHL since November 1.

Let’s see if they can adjust.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018

ANYWAYS, good morning guys! Flyers are going to play a good game tonight. I can sense it. I’ve got the faith!

XOum.gif
I bolieve

Reactions: TB87

phil162888

Jul 28, 2012
The Flyers need more from almost every player except Hart, Farabee, Myers, Sanheim and Provorov. Literally everyone else has underperformed so far. Today is a huge game to see if we can skate with the Habs. No matter the outcome it can not seem like the ice is tilted in their direction two games in a row. That was as embarrassing a performance as I've seen from this leadership group (we've seen plenty over the past decade). Need to prove it was just a blip and this team and group is truly ready for playoff hockey.

Reactions: TheKingPin

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
If Lindblom getting back on the ice doesn't give them a spark, then they need to check themselves for a pulse.

They need to get some confidence going tonight. If I'm AV, I reminding these guys all day that they were the number 1 seed for a reason. They need to come out and match Montreal's pursuit on pucks and take the play to them. Some physicality wouldn't hurt either.

Reactions: Rebels57
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad