Post-Game Talk: ECF GAME 4 - SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

northeastern

Apr 16, 2009
boston
For me it's just starting to sink in. We're f***ing back to the finals!!! And I love this team I think 13 was a better roster no doubt but this team has an 11 feel. I honestly think they all really do play for each other. Tuukka is rested and f***ing ready and we're going to be healthy going into the finals.

The rest may hurt for game 1 but I'm hoping us going to that game wake the boys up. After that I'll take the healed and rested legs.

Reactions: Emerz

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
I find it king 0f weird, Toronto/Montreal media saying good things about the Bruins.

How great the Bruins are...
Rask the wall.
The perfection line...
Marchand/Bergeron.
All lines, teams deept, Kuraly, Rask, Cassidy, Sweeney...
Fact they rebuilt on the fly and are back at it.
Did I mention Rask?

I must be dreaming...
Its a trap I say a trap!!

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
For me it's just starting to sink in. We're ****ing back to the finals!!! And I love this team I think 13 was a better roster no doubt but this team has an 11 feel. I honestly think they all really do play for each other. Tuukka is rested and ****ing ready and we're going to be healthy going into the finals.

The rest may hurt for game 1 but I'm hoping us going to that game wake the boys up. After that I'll take the healed and rested legs.
I don't think so.
Too much character guys on the team.
Too many leaders, too many seasoned vets.
Those youngins are learning the right way, they're all for 1 and 1 for all kind of team.

From last night interviews you have multiple players all saying the same thing, "it's not over lots of work ahead of us"

From Rask, " I guess will have 2 days off for family and rest, then it's back to work, still lots of work ahead of us"

Reactions: northeastern

HHHH

Feb 15, 2010
The leafs should just play the regular season in a way to avoid meeting us in the first round and hope that some other team takes us out.

Believe it or not, there is a thread in the Leafs board about trading Matthews, Marner, Nylander for Bergy, Marchand and Pasta. I kid you not.

I read that thread...salary hits for next season:

Bergeron 6.875 m
Pasta 6.666 m
Marchand 6.125 m
TOTAL $19.666 m

Matthews 11.634 m
Nylander 6.962 m
Matthews 9 m (?) I don't know if that is too much or too little for him
TOTAL $ 27.596 m

Reactions: northeastern

Wiggleboom

Feb 6, 2010
Vancouver
I would prefer they play the Blues mostly from an experience perspective. The Sharks lost the SCF in 2016 and thus won't be overwhelmed by the moment or be happy just to get there. They know the feeling of losing the SCF and I imagine will be extra hungry to overcome that last hurdle. The Blues have never been to the SCF and may suffer from inexperience and a feeling of satisfaction for their season even if they lose (like Carolina in the ECF).

Reactions: Strafer

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
I read that thread...salary hits for next season:

Bergeron 6.875 m
Pasta 6.666 m
Marchand 6.125 m
TOTAL $19.666 m

Matthews 11.634 m
Nylander 6.962 m
Matthews 9 m (?) I don't know if that is too much or too little for him
TOTAL $ 27.596 m

Low on Matthews. His cap hit is $11.634 m in 2019-2020. Salary is 58 M / 5 years.

:lol:

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
I find it king 0f weird, Toronto/Montreal media saying good things about the Bruins.

How great the Bruins are...
Rask the wall.
The perfection line...
Marchand/Bergeron.
All lines, teams deept, Kuraly, Rask, Cassidy, Sweeney...
Fact they rebuilt on the fly and are back at it.
Did I mention Rask?

I must be dreaming...

It is weird. They even said the Bruins could win the Cup this year and next with the group they have.

Reactions: Spooner st

Scotty Pucks

Bring back “Doop” as Flyers Goal Song
Apr 1, 2012
Pennsylvania
Congrats Boston bro’s, the jealousy most of us have for you sports fans up there is off the charts.

Does anyone think Pres will be in attendance for any of the SCF games?

bb74

Thanks for Everything Bill
Sep 24, 2003
Cuttyhunk
Surreal they are in the finals again. They totally deserve it for the season, playoffs and overall team chemistry & skill. Strange feeling in that they deserve it as much as any, but still feels like an underdog team.

DKH said it years back and I don't remember if it was referring to a Chia or a Sweens team, but that Mgmt wanted to make a rat pack / pitbull style roster - this is exactly that - they are so hungry for the puck at all times in all zones.

Deleted

Nov 11, 2017
I have teams that I have supported since I was a child and I know as well as any sports fan the highs and lows that go with it. I am new to the Bruins and hockey yet I am all in! The Bruins are my adopted team and I have fallen in love with both them and the sport of hockey. I will be absolutely ecstatic if they win it! Most of all though I hope beyond hope that the Bruins win it for all you guys! For all you that have followed them for most if not all of your lives, who have spent money and travelled to see them, who have suffered through years of disappointment and heartbreak, who stuck with them through thick and thin. I hope for all of you guys they lift the cup again cause I know what that level of investment entails, emotionally and otherwise.

This board is full of knowledgeable, genuine and nice people. Visiting Boston 18 months ago and going to a Bruins game and then subsequently seeking out this board has added something incredibly positive to my life and I thank the Bruins, Boston and all of you for that.

Go Bruins.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
And see I disagree.

I think both teams are strong, but two things make me prefer the Blues.

1) I like the Blues as a team better.
2) I don’t want anything to do with the Joe Thornton storyline. I don’t want the trade rehashed. I don’t want him to beat us for his Cup.

I would rather the Bruins play the Blues.

I would rather hear about 1970 a billion times over than no-show jumbo joe’s trade from the Bruins to the sharks.

And God forbid the Bruins lose in the Finals. I can live with a loss to St. Louis a whole lot easier than a loss to San Jose. If San Jose wins the Stanley Cup this year, we will NEVER hear the end of it. I promise you that.

There isn’t a Bruins fan out there that shouldn’t be praying with all their might that St. Louis wins that series.

The Finals will be much more fun, and the risk is far less.

I’m a diehard St. Louis Blues fan from now until Game 1, or they get eliminated. Whichever comes first.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
I have teams that I have supported since I was a child and I know as well as any sports fan the highs and lows that go with it. I am new to the Bruins and hockey yet I am all in! The Bruins are my adopted team and I have fallen in love with both them and the sport of hockey. I will be absolutely ecstatic if they win it! Most of all though I hope beyond hope that the Bruins win it for all you guys! For all you that have followed them for most if not all of your lives, who have spent money and travelled to see them, who have suffered through years of disappointment and heartbreak, who stuck with them through thick and thin. I hope for all of you guys they lift the cup again cause I know what that level of investment entails, emotionally and otherwise.

This board is full of knowledgeable, genuine and nice people. Visiting Boston 18 months ago and going to a Bruins game and then subsequently seeking out this board has added something incredibly positive to my life and I thank the Bruins, Boston and all of you for that.

Go Bruins.
Thank you for the kind words! It goes both ways, Irish. We are richer for your being here!

774EVER

& Now 374EVER
This quote:

However it seems they also broke the brains of Toronto Maple Leafs' fans who are still crying about their first round loss to the Bruins.

Listened for exactly 10 seconds on the radio this morning. All they said was that this will be the worst Stanley Cup finals ever, Marchand is a jerk and that NOBODY cares about the final.

I honestly didn't think that they Toronto Media could get worse, but wow. Even CBC finally acknowledged after the win that the Bruins are pretty impressive and have "No Holes." No instead The Fan Radio continues to harp on all the secondary stuff.

Epitomizes how they think that Toronto is the centre of the hockey universe and nobody else matters.

since76

Jul 14, 2005
Quebec
Believe me, it is priceless to see habs fans reactions when bruins win ))) it is so hilarious
Some blame their gm and carey price
Some say it is jacobs influence who help bruins
Some say if habs made playoffs they beat bruins easily
Some say it is ridiculous to love bruins when you live in canada
I have wonderful time to see them so deeply unhappy searching all kind of excuse and look like total idiots ))))))
Let's go bruins !!!!!

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Listened for exactly 10 seconds on the radio this morning. All they said was that this will be the worst Stanley Cup finals ever, Marchand is a jerk and that NOBODY cares about the final.

I honestly didn't think that they Toronto Media could get worse, but wow. Even CBC finally acknowledged after the win that the Bruins are pretty impressive and have "No Holes." No instead The Fan Radio continues to harp on all the secondary stuff.

Epitomizes how they think that Toronto is the centre of the hockey universe and nobody else matters.
In the end... who f***ing cares about Toronto/Habs fans.
f*** them all.

since76

Jul 14, 2005
Quebec
I would prefer they play the Blues mostly from an experience perspective. The Sharks lost the SCF in 2016 and thus won't be overwhelmed by the moment or be happy just to get there. They know the feeling of losing the SCF and I imagine will be extra hungry to overcome that last hurdle. The Blues have never been to the SCF and may suffer from inexperience and a feeling of satisfaction for their season even if they lose (like Carolina in the ECF).
Blues never been in final ? It is not against them the bobby orr legendary goal ?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad