Post-Game Talk: ECF GAME 4 - SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I’m glad I was only nine when We threw a parade for Ray Bourque winning the cup in Colorado. I would’ve been very mad online
Who’s left in league that played against Bourque?

Thornton?
Marleau?

tkddad

Jan 8, 2009
Waterloo

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
The leafs should just play the regular season in a way to avoid meeting us in the first round and hope that some other team takes us out.

Believe it or not, there is a thread in the Leafs board about trading Matthews, Marner, Nylander for Bergy, Marchand and Pasta. I kid you not.

Those losers need therapy. Or a hobby. Or a life.

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
It would be like the Blackhawks retiring #4.

Yes, one of the greatest defensemen of his era - if not in the game's history - played for you, but it was very briefly at the end of his career. However, he was a key part of a Stanley Cup championship.

The next year after that rally, the B's had a really good team - loaded up front (Guerin had 41 goals, Murray & Rolston had 30+ and Samsonov & Jumbo Joe both had 20+) - and had just thrashed Montreal to tie the series at 2-2 ... then Kyle McLaren ... couldn't put a pebble past Theodore the next two games. You wonder what that team could've done even with an aging Ray Bourque.

Along with the 1990 Cup Final, the 1991 ECF and the 1993 sweep against Buffalo, that was probably the most painful series of my lifetime pre-lockout. When Subban faked getting high-sticked and Montreal scored to tie Game 7 in 2011, all I could get were more flashbacks to those series (in addition to what had happened the year before). Nathan Horton's OT goal changed everything for this franchise.

Bourque was on Dale and Keefe yesterday and said the Bruins reached out to him around December that season to see if he had any interest to come back for that season. So you almost got your wish of Bourque being on that team.

He turned down the offer because he hadn't been training to play since he won the cup and Colorado actually still owned his rights.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
My favorite play is the glove save on Williams.

Such a non chalant Cool Hand Luke pick

Amen. His posture to Williams was "Wherever you're shooting this, I'm stopping it." That was glorious.

And Williams had Aho wide open and uncovered to his right. Seemed to me that both Williams and Hamilton were overcome by the need to score a goal. Thought Justin Faulk was their best player overall

Reactions: hrdpuk

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
This probably won't be a popular take, but here goes:

I lost a lot of respect for Rod Brind'Amour and Justin Williams, two guys I previously held in high esteem.

In my wildest imagination I couldn't see Brind'Amour the player going to his Flyer teammates, including the Legion of Doom, and saying "Hey guys, after the game tonight if we win, how about we all sit in a circle and play Duck Duck Goose at center ice?"

As for Williams, it's as if McGrath told him they weren't bringing in the fans like they used to, so they had to do a fashion show. But instead of pulling out his **** on the runway, he gladly did the ****ing fashion show.

Marchand hit the nail on the head saying Williams wasn't acting like a captain, and it likely angered him because he was right - in more ways than one.

And their fans - they think they were trolling Don Cherry, when in reality thanks to them, Grapes had more traction in the States than he ever had in all his 85 years. And the funny part is, he was right! He said months in advance they wouldn't dare storm surge in the playoffs, and they didn't. And yes, a lot of their fans are - or were - front runners.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Don’t know much about St Louis but the majority seems to prefer San Jose to make it to the finals. I’m more familiar with SJ because of the household names so anyone care to elaborate why we should prefer SJ over the Blues?
And see I disagree.

I think both teams are strong, but two things make me prefer the Blues.

1) I like the Blues as a team better.
2) I don’t want anything to do with the Joe Thornton storyline. I don’t want the trade rehashed. I don’t want him to beat us for his Cup.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Amen. His posture to Williams was "Wherever you're shooting this, I'm stopping it." That was glorious.

And Williams had Aho wide open and uncovered to his right. Seemed to me that both Williams and Hamilton were overcome by the need to score a goal. Thought Justin Faulk was their best player overall

Oh you could tell Elsa was gripping the stick a little tight trying to put one in. More than a few times he forced a shot when he had better options.

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
This probably won't be a popular take, but here goes:

I lost a lot of respect for Rod Brind'Amour and Justin Williams, two guys I previously held in high esteem.

In my wildest imagination I couldn't see Brind'Amour the player going to his Flyer teammates, including the Legion of Doom, and saying "Hey guys, after the game tonight if we win, how about we all sit in a circle and play Duck Duck Goose at center ice?"

As for Williams, it's as if McGrath told him they weren't bringing in the fans like they used to, so they had to do a fashion show. But instead of pulling out his **** on the runway, he gladly did the ****ing fashion show.

Marchand hit the nail on the head saying Williams wasn't acting like a captain, and it likely angered him because he was right - in more ways than one.

And their fans - they think they were trolling Don Cherry, when in reality thanks to them, Grapes had more traction in the States than he ever had in all his 85 years. And the funny part is, he was right! He said months in advance they wouldn't dare storm surge in the playoffs, and they didn't. And yes, a lot of their fans are - or were - front runners.

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
Neely tells the story of how he went to the equipment manager right when he got to the team and asked if his preferred number was available. The equipment manager replied "Harry says you get #8!" So he got #8.

Glad that old fart is gone.

When Gord Kluzak in the 80's started to wear #6 I thought right away dude is going to have something bad coming his way.
How many knee surgeries later?
Something about that number.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
I find it king 0f weird, Toronto/Montreal media saying good things about the Bruins.

How great the Bruins are...
Rask the wall.
The perfection line...
Marchand/Bergeron.
All lines, teams deept, Kuraly, Rask, Cassidy, Sweeney...
Fact they rebuilt on the fly and are back at it.
Did I mention Rask?

I must be dreaming...

Reactions: lopey

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
The leafs should just play the regular season in a way to avoid meeting us in the first round and hope that some other team takes us out.

Believe it or not, there is a thread in the Leafs board about trading Matthews, Marner, Nylander for Bergy, Marchand and Pasta. I kid you not.
I would be interested in Marner once he gets facial hair.
Nostrils? Nope. Overpaid.
Nylander? Nope. Very overpaid.

However, those 3 Bruins are lifers. Ain't going anywhere

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
And see I disagree.

I think both teams are strong, but two things make me prefer the Blues.

1) I like the Blues as a team better.
2) I don’t want anything to do with the Joe Thornton storyline. I don’t want the trade rehashed. I don’t want him to beat us for his Cup.
Don't forget Binnington was the Providence goalie last year so the coaches and players, especially the young ones are very familiar with him

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad