ECF Game 3 | Penguins @ Senators | 8:00 PM EST | CBC, TVAS, NBCSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
So ... What shenanigans does management have in store for our pregame entertainment tonight?

More Spartan warriors?!? :laugh:

* Edit: Perhaps an Admiral Ackbar impersonator? That's be pretty cool.

Looks like just a big screen and some refreshments in the Red Zone.
Long past are the days of anthem scandals when Alanis "Hussy" Morrissette and Lyndon "Beloved and Not Forgotten" Slewidge Anthem duelled, or the Spartan vigorously cheered us up.

Ah well, go Sens. It's super hot out so hopefully they have fans around the concourse.

CanadianPensFan1

Jun 13, 2014
Canada
Ottawa playing the system they are playing makes each game about a 55%-45% proposition in favor of the Penguins. That's probably the best Ottawa can hope for and gives them a reasonable chance to get a lucky bounce here or there to win the series.

The 55-45 spread favoring the pens is what I said before game 1. I haven't seen too much in either game to alter that.

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
I think Letang missing hurts. I don't think Schultz is as great as his numbers say, and Daley hasn't been good.

As long as they have Crosby, Malkin, and Kessel, they're fine.

Karlsson has been playing on a bad leg the entire playoffs and is more valuable to his team than anyone in this series. Injuries are a poor excuse.

Yep, he's been playing. That's a whole lot better than having a bunch of guys who are flat-out not able to play.

I thought whoever played better 90% of the time wins the game. Pens look like underdgogs to me.

I am guessing you are only talking about game one, because the Pens were the much better team in game two.

stratosphere

Mar 19, 2010
Agree that if the Pens score first, this game will take on a much wilder level of play. If they go up by 2, then the ticket price will be worth every penny. If not, another 1-1 sleeper, which favors the Sens.

deepelemblues

May 25, 2016
Pittsburgh
ottawa opens it up for the first period

going into the 2nd period down 6-1, boucher goes back to the 1-3-1 1-4 delay trap trap delay and declares in the postgame "you can have this trap when you pry it from my cold, dead fingers. but only after a delay."

Dagwood

Oct 21, 2005
Ottawa
Hot as heck outside today. Hope the ice isn't crap. I can't take much more "Ottawa Sucks" compliments.

Lol

alcanalz

whys and wherefores
Nov 3, 2009
For what it is worth, likely not much, the betting line has the Sens as home dogs, and not by a small margin.

http://www.vegasinsider.com/nhl/odds/las-vegas/

Pens average -125 and the Sens are +105.

Meaning you would have to bet $125 to win $100 if betting on the Pens.

Alternatively you would have to bet $100 to win $105 if betting on the Sens.

That is a $30 swing for being a dog at home.

As I constantly point out though the betting line is more about generating betting both ways than a spot on view of the bookies about what is being bet on. Still, guys like McCurdy have the Pens ahead in their models as well, and not by an insignificant amount.

That's almost literally as small of a betting margin as you'll see without it being even.

Phil McKraken

Jul 13, 2010
Sweden
30svqmg.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad