ECF Game 3 | Penguins @ Senators | 8:00 PM EST | CBC, TVAS, NBCSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canadian Time

Mar 2, 2002
Visit site
Edited this in the series thread right as it got locked down...

Do you think the Pens are trying to dump the puck more towards Karlsson's side and forcing him to constantly "play 200 ft"? It seemed to me last game they were really looking to have him go back and dig the puck out of his corner, lay a body on him, and force him to move the puck and have someone else start the rush, leaving him back to defend. I noticed this late in the game, but it may have been only a couple times and just a coincidence and I'm putting 2 and 2 together to get potato.

It must be a coincidence because it's the opposite actually. Dumping it into Karlsson's end is basically giving him the puck to start an offensive attack. It doesn't leave him back to defend, it starts the puck going the other way immediately.

The Pens have been putting it into his partner's end and trying to make him cough it up before it can get to Karlsson.

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
I'm surprisingly calm.

Honestly, winning last year takes a lot of the edge off. With all the Pens have had to deal with medically this year, I'm happy they've made it this far. Anything beyond this is gravy.

This is where I am, especially as they lose more and more players every game to injury. Last year I was extremely nervous through the final two rounds. This year I'm just doing my best to enjoy whatever happens.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
From 20 minutes ago, local paper.

OTTAWA, Ontario — The Penguins appear poised to get a significant piece of their blue line back tonight, as defenseman Trevor Daley seems likely to rejoin the lineup for Game 3 of the Eastern Conference final.

Penguins coach Mike Sullivan said Daley will be a game-time decision, but all indications are that he will play. Daley took part in the team’s morning skate at the University of Ottawa, working alongside his normal defense partner Olli Maatta.

Daley has missed the past four games with a lower-body injury.

“I'm excited,†he said. “When I went down, it was frustrating. I missed a lot of time last year, so not where I wanted to be, but I'm excited with the progress that we've made in the last week.â€

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/...n-game-3-ottawa-senators/stories/201705170171

harmonica

Apr 21, 2007
Daley has been hot garbage this off season. Hopefully he is feeling better and can get close to where he was at last year.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
Daley back would be huge, but only if he's capable of playing like last year.

He hasn't played well this season even before his injury during the regular season. In the few games he's played in the playoffs he's looked terrible as well.

MoeManthaMustache

Aug 21, 2007
Edited this in the series thread right as it got locked down...

Do you think the Pens are trying to dump the puck more towards Karlsson's side and forcing him to constantly "play 200 ft"? It seemed to me last game they were really looking to have him go back and dig the puck out of his corner, lay a body on him, and force him to move the puck and have someone else start the rush, leaving him back to defend. I noticed this late in the game, but it may have been only a couple times and just a coincidence and I'm putting 2 and 2 together to get potato.

Absolutely. Dump the puck to his side and make him move it. Could he "skate" it out - maybe, but if the Penguins are dumping with speed, he's not going to have time to do that. Again - the counter to the penguins has to be more specific than "try harder, do better".

I think Ottawa has to be more aggressive forcing the penguins dump - if they can do that.. EK has the time to set himself up for a cleaner exit... but that might mean not sitting back as much. Should be interesting to see.

Hospy

Mar 18, 2013
It is a shame Boucher doesn't have more confidence in his offensive players to match what the Pens do. Instead we see the 1-3-1.

I'm not sure how many people think that the Sens have the firepower to match up against Crosby, Malkin, and Kessel in a run and gun. Why play the game on your opponent's terms?

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
On the other hand, Pittsburgh is missing half of its blue line. So, why not take advantage of that?

No Schultz, Letang, & Daley.

It is looking pretty solid that Daley will be back, although we will not know until game time with Sully.

What version of Daley plays is an open question, but if healthy he certainly would help tremendously with the transition game.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
4-1 Pens.

Crosby gets 2G 1A, Malkin 3A, Kessel 2A, Guentzel 2G 1A.

Pens cash out on the PP with all 4 goals on them. 4 for 5.

Sens goal by Ryan again.

Fleury 22 saves
Anderson 30 saves

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
I'm surprisingly calm.

Honestly, winning last year takes a lot of the edge off. With all the Pens have had to deal with medically this year, I'm happy they've made it this far. Anything beyond this is gravy.

Yeah I imagine winning the Cup would be a pretty satisfying feeling.

I feel that this may be the only opportunity the Sens might get in a while. Pens are pretty beat-up (still a great team) and our division was pretty open this year due to Tampa's injuries. There's a lot at stake for the Sens IMO.

Syrinx

Jul 7, 2005
Cary, NC
boouch.jpg

That's a horrendous scar. Has he ever divulged what happened? I looked for a few minutes the other night and it seems to be a secret.

ResignCraigAdams

Mar 15, 2017
It is looking pretty solid that Daley will be back, although we will not know until game time with Sully.

What version of Daley plays is an open question, but if healthy he certainly would help tremendously with the transition game.

Still, this defense is not good and I don't know why Ottawa isn't attacking more. It's a huge weakness for the Pens.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
That's a horrendous scar. Has he ever divulged what happened? I looked for a few minutes the other night and it seems to be a secret.

he slayed the championship dragon and went on to claim a victory no one saw coming

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
On the other hand, Pittsburgh is missing half of its blue line. So, why not take advantage of that?

No Schultz, Letang, & Daley.

I think Letang missing hurts. I don't think Schultz is as great as his numbers say, and Daley hasn't been good.

As long as they have Crosby, Malkin, and Kessel, they're fine.

Karlsson has been playing on a bad leg the entire playoffs and is more valuable to his team than anyone in this series. Injuries are a poor excuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad