ECF Game 3 | Penguins @ Senators | 8:00 PM EST | CBC, TVAS, NBCSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
That's a horrendous scar. Has he ever divulged what happened? I looked for a few minutes the other night and it seems to be a secret.

It's actually from a fan who cut him good after his team lost to the trap...

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Still, this defense is not good and I don't know why Ottawa isn't attacking more. It's a huge weakness for the Pens.

They would have to adjust from their system which could cause other issues for them. They may feel some pressure from the home crowd to put on a show which might loosen some things up though. The Pens have the talent to play whatever game is given them, and Sully tilted the ice their way last game because of it. That is while being short a defenseman and one of their better forwards.

One of the interesting story lines tonight will be whether Boucher adjusts, or just keeps on with what the Sens were doing despite the Pens pretty much controlling the ice and making Karlsson look very invisible for two games. We will get some answers after 8 tonight.

deepelemblues

May 25, 2016
Pittsburgh
boucher got caught in his own trap

you dont wanna know how he got out

ok he trapped his trap in another trap that allowed him to escape his trap with only that scar

it's just traps man, traps all the way down

Richard

Feb 8, 2012
I know this is silly but..... I just feel a huge game for Malkin tonight.... I'm talking a four or five point game.

ResignCraigAdams

Mar 15, 2017
I think Letang missing hurts. I don't think Schultz is as great as his numbers say, and Daley hasn't been good.

As long as they have Crosby, Malkin, and Kessel, they're fine.

Karlsson has been playing on a bad leg the entire playoffs and is more valuable to his team than anyone in this series. Injuries are a poor excuse.

I never used them as an excuse though haha. I just said it was a weakness the Sens should exploit instead of sitting back.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
In theory sens sens should win... We're uber banged up. Hopefully they come back next game

For what it is worth, likely not much, the betting line has the Sens as home dogs, and not by a small margin.

http://www.vegasinsider.com/nhl/odds/las-vegas/

Pens average -125 and the Sens are +105.

Meaning you would have to bet $125 to win $100 if betting on the Pens.

Alternatively you would have to bet $100 to win $105 if betting on the Sens.

That is a $30 swing for being a dog at home.

As I constantly point out though the betting line is more about generating betting both ways than a spot on view of the bookies about what is being bet on. Still, guys like McCurdy have the Pens ahead in their models as well, and not by an insignificant amount.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Looking fwd to another boring Senators/Pens game.

I only kid. This series has been the most entertaining for me yet. A chess match of tactics for hockey intellectuals, a battle of wills which style will win out, physicality, hatred, hits, goaltending. Some great individual efforts to win games. IE Ryan and Kessel. What else do you want?

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009

I only kid. This series has been the most entertaining for me yet. A chess match of tactics for hockey intellectuals, a battle of wills which style will win out, physicality, hatred, hits, goaltending. Some great individual efforts to win games. IE Ryan and Kessel. What else do you want?

a Fight, even better, a brawl

CanadianPensFan1

Jun 13, 2014
Canada
Yeah I imagine winning the Cup would be a pretty satisfying feeling.

I feel that this may be the only opportunity the Sens might get in a while. Pens are pretty beat-up (still a great team) and our division was pretty open this year due to Tampa's injuries. There's a lot at stake for the Sens IMO.

Uh I'm not sure about that. The sens core is pretty young. They have some really good pieces. With a few smart moves, they could be in contention for a lotsofa years.

MoeManthaMustache

Aug 21, 2007
I think Letang missing hurts. I don't think Schultz is as great as his numbers say, and Daley hasn't been good..

I disagree 100%, a team based on puck moving defenseman quickly moving the puck to skilled forwards is most definitely going to be hurt by missing any/all of their puck moving defenseman.

CanadianPensFan1

Jun 13, 2014
Canada
There was a little skit on a radio station this morning. It was about the sighting of the crysbaby penguin. Just a 30 second clip making fun of Sid and the pens.

Admittedly it was pretty funny.

I think it was hot 89.9 (I flip stations a lot when I drive so I'm not 100% sure)

If you haven't heard it, check it out. Even as a pens fan, I chuckled a few times.

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
Daley was taking normal line rushes and working PP#2 with Maatta.

Streit was working PP#1 exclusively.

I think we are going to see Daley and Streit tonight, with Daley playing under 15 minutes unless he really looks good and Streit being used exclusively on the PP and for offensive zone faceoffs. <8 minutes of time.

The Pens will use the same 11 forwards that finished last game.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus

Malkin with 5 points, Crosby with a hat trick, otherwise it's boring.

Bumpus

Shhh ...
Mar 4, 2008
WV
So ... What shenanigans does management have in store for our pregame entertainment tonight?

More Spartan warriors?!? :laugh:

* Edit: Perhaps an Admiral Ackbar impersonator? That's be pretty cool.

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
For what it is worth, likely not much, the betting line has the Sens as home dogs, and not by a small margin.

http://www.vegasinsider.com/nhl/odds/las-vegas/

Pens average -125 and the Sens are +105.

Meaning you would have to bet $125 to win $100 if betting on the Pens.

Alternatively you would have to bet $100 to win $105 if betting on the Sens.

That is a $30 swing for being a dog at home.

As I constantly point out though the betting line is more about generating betting both ways than a spot on view of the bookies about what is being bet on. Still, guys like McCurdy have the Pens ahead in their models as well, and not by an insignificant amount.

Ottawa playing the system they are playing makes each game about a 55%-45% proposition in favor of the Penguins. That's probably the best Ottawa can hope for and gives them a reasonable chance to get a lucky bounce here or there to win the series.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Ottawa playing the system they are playing makes each game about a 55%-45% proposition in favor of the Penguins. That's probably the best Ottawa can hope for and gives them a reasonable chance to get a lucky bounce here or there to win the series.

I thought whoever played better 90% of the time wins the game. Pens look like underdgogs to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad