0pXoDas.png

c1W51En.png

j3n4V7q.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
Edited this in the series thread right as it got locked down...

Do you think the Pens are trying to dump the puck more towards Karlsson's side and forcing him to constantly "play 200 ft"? It seemed to me last game they were really looking to have him go back and dig the puck out of his corner, lay a body on him, and force him to move the puck and have someone else start the rush, leaving him back to defend. I noticed this late in the game, but it may have been only a couple times and just a coincidence and I'm putting 2 and 2 together to get potato.

The Grim Reaper

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 18, 2017
South Philly

Do you think the Pens are trying to dump the puck more towards Karlsson's side and forcing him to constantly "play 200 ft"? It seemed to me last game they were really looking to have him go back and dig the puck out of his corner, lay a body on him, and force him to move the puck and have someone else start the rush, leaving him back to defend. I noticed this late in the game, but it may have been only a couple times and just a coincidence and I'm putting 2 and 2 together to get potato.

Well, the math checks out.

Roksta

Jul 27, 2011
Really looking forward to tonight's game.

Lots of shots, lots of scoring chances, refs being competant

Gonna be so good

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

Ottawa has the LD step up in the NZ to create that 1-3-1 system, meaning it's typically the RD (Karlsson's side) that's first on the puck on any dump in. That's not to say that the Pens aren't trying to do what you suggest as well, I hadn't noticed myself, just that it's not unusual for Karlsson to be first on the puck anyways.

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006
Why is Pittsburgh always the most injured team in the league? It's been like this for 5+ years. Sens are playing an almost AHL-quality defense, although PIT's forwards are generally quite good in supporting. No excuses tonight. We have to attack.

Apr 9, 2009
USA
Why is Pittsburgh always the most injured team in the league? It's been like this for 5+ years.

Because the only way to beat them is to beat them up.

And honestly, really bad injury luck. Not making excuses, but just look at Olli Maatta's injury history. That is excessive, but not out of the ordinary for this team. They still continue to win, however, so like I said, it's not an excuse.

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
Ottawa has the LD step up in the NZ to create that 1-3-1 system, meaning it's typically the RD (Karlsson's side) that's first on the puck on any dump in. That's not to say that the Pens aren't trying to do what you suggest as well, I hadn't noticed myself, just that it's not unusual for Karlsson to be first on the puck anyways.

Gotcha. Thanks for the info.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Why is Pittsburgh always the most injured team in the league? It's been like this for 5+ years.

I think the realistic answer is luck. Lots of bad luck. Some of our injuries are: Cancer, mumps, stroke, blood clots, Lyme disease, etc. I mean... that isn't some poor planning on our fitness team. That's just unfortunate luck.

And at the same time, we've been a very fortunate team.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Nerves starting to kick in.

Spent a decade hoping we could make it this far again, only to remember how stressful it could actually be.

Bumpus

Shhh ...
Mar 4, 2008
WV
(Mod edit - don't quote the GDT)

like-what-you-have-done.gif

Great job on the GDT!

LGP

Last edited by a moderator:

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
I think the realistic answer is luck. Lots of bad luck. Some of our injuries are: Cancer, mumps, stroke, blood clots, Lyme disease, etc. I mean... that isn't some poor planning on our fitness team. That's just unfortunate luck.

And at the same time, we've been a very fortunate team.

Yeah, you can't really train to prevent much of what has laid our team low.

Syrinx

Jul 7, 2005
Cary, NC
Nerves starting to kick in.

Spent a decade hoping we could make it this far again, only to remember how stressful it could actually be.

I'm surprisingly calm.

Honestly, winning last year takes a lot of the edge off. With all the Pens have had to deal with medically this year, I'm happy they've made it this far. Anything beyond this is gravy.

Apr 9, 2009
USA
I'm surprisingly calm.

Honestly, winning last year takes a lot of the edge off. With all the Pens have had to deal with medically this year, I'm happy they've made it this far. Anything beyond this is gravy.

I felt like this before the Washington series. It's kind of nice being able to watch my team in the playoffs without crippling anxiety. :laugh:

AnAceOfKidneys

May 2, 2014
It is a shame Boucher doesn't have more confidence in his offensive players to match what the Pens do. Instead we see the 1-3-1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->