Post-Game Talk: ECF GAME 2 - NO COMPLAINTS - BRUINS 6 Whalercanes 2 F - B's Lead Series 2-0

Boston Bandit

Aug 2, 2005
03a73daacad440826b0734c94e1500a1.jpg

Forget all this split it there and come back here talk -- FINISH THEM

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
I like to think that if it was a 6-0 regular season game, someone would have jumped Dougie. I applaud the B’s discipline in the playoffs. The best revenge now would be to knock them out of the series in 4/5 games.
Or hit him hard every chance they get.
It will only help the team for rest of series.

Reactions: nORRis8 and BMC

Bergyesque

Been there, done that.
Mar 11, 2014
Laval, QC, Canada
Well...during a big chunk of the regular season they WERE a one line team, with virtually no scoring from lines 2 - 4. Like many posters here I was impatient for the coach and the GM to DO SOMETHING TO FIX IT!!!

They did end up fixing it, but it took some time. And I learned I need to have a bit more patience with this group, from the team leaders to the coach to the GM, because they obviously know what they're doing.
to be fair, they were most of the season. We didn't have a lot of depth and players got injured. The Coyle and Mojo deals have been huge for the team, credit to Don Sweeney even though at the time I wish he had done more. maybe he did enough after all

You're right... :oops:
I'm getting a little carried away around here (I mean in the Canadian medias) hearing the Bruins always get the calls going their way and all that.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
The haters always say he was never as good as Tim Thomas

Thomas in 2011 had a save % of .940

Rask in 2013? exactly the same

I suspect he doesn't get the respect from the Canadian media because of the Leafs discarding him

In Boston, some fans have never forgiven him for getting sick in a game the team needed to make the playoffs.

Honestly, this is why I think some Boston fans don't deserve the Bruins. I have no doubt that Rask is pure Black and Gold - and that afternoon of the last game, I have no doubt the black was coming out one end, and the gold was coming out the other. Yes, he seems a bit cool and aloof at times, and can be a bit snippy with the media, but there is no WAY he's going to miss a game unless he really, really couldn't play.

We also missed the playoffs that year by 3 points - last time I checked, you can only win 2 per game.

Also remember that that was the second year of having two bad backups: Gustavson, who was preceded by Svedberg - those were the backups when we failed to make the playoffs, and I don't think they were that good. Since the shortened season, we've gone to the playoffs with Chad Johnson (who I thought gets a bad rap - I thought he was actually decent), Dobby twice, and Halak...all who've been much better. Krug even tipped his hat to Halak recently - yeah, Halak's (hopefully) not going to be doing much of anything the rest of this season. But the reason Rask is doing well now is he didn't have to play every single damn game during the regular season!

Also, that 2015-6 season, Rask started in 62 games. He's started in 60 so far this season - and that's INCLUDING 15 playoff games! Can you criticize his stamina? Yeah, maybe. But, hey, if you can keep Rask's regular season load down and you get this kind of performance in the playoffs, you take that deal every time you can, and find a decent backup.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
I`m not nervous about the B`s being overwhelmed being in a visiting rink, loads of vets who have seen it all but I`m also not too naive to think that the Canes won`t push back and being on home ice will likely help them too
So what’s the goal ? Split in Carolina? The games should be much closer but I think the Bruins can find a way to win one in Carolina. Need a big game from line 1 .

Reactions: nORRis8

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Well...during a big chunk of the regular season they WERE a one line team, with virtually no scoring from lines 2 - 4. Like many posters here I was impatient for the coach and the GM to DO SOMETHING TO FIX IT!!!

They did end up fixing it, but it took some time. And I learned I need to have a bit more patience with this group, from the team leaders to the coach to the GM, because they obviously know what they're doing.

Papa Jacobs has to be pleased as the team has had NINE playoff home games ( and guaranteed at least one more ) which is pure profit.

The beast of HF Bruins is such that if this team went 98-0-0-0 we would still have people complaining about something.

On TVAS which does the French coverage of the playoffs one of their revolving talking heads said 'The Bruins have the perfect coach for that group of players.' You might remember him

81WM0nez8dL._SX425_.jpg

nazartp

Apr 5, 2006
So what’s the goal ? Split in Carolina? The games should be much closer but I think the Bruins can find a way to win one in Carolina. Need a big game from line 1 .

Yep. Letting Canes back into the series is plain dangerous. Right now they are shaken with Mrazek's weak play and seem to lose composure falling behind. Give them a couple of solid goaltending outings and they'll start believing in themselves again. On the flip side - beat them at home where they are undefeated and they'll fold.

smack66

Mar 5, 2008
ontario
Papa Jacobs has to be pleased as the team has had NINE playoff home games ( and guaranteed at least one more ) which is pure profit.

The beast of HF Bruins is such that if this team went 98-0-0-0 we would still have people complaining about something.

On TVAS which does the French coverage of the playoffs one of their revolving talking heads said 'The Bruins have the perfect coach for that group of players.' You might remember him

81WM0nez8dL._SX425_.jpg

I've seen various figures on how much a team makes per playoff game but seems to come in around 2.5M or so. A deep playoff run goes a long way for an owner. Hopefully with all this revenue we buy zambonies :)

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

The goal is to win every game you play in.

But the primary objective is to win one in Raleigh The Caps made the fatal mistake of thinking they could throw the switch at home and whoops. The Islanders were beaten mentally when they were forced to play in Brooklyn.

Just take it one game at a time

cue 70's sitcom theme

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
We're rolling, I see this Bruins team stronger as they go.
They pretty much create the storm, and the Hurricane's can't handle it.
Pedal to the metal, no prisoners.

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I've seen various figures on how much a team makes per playoff game but seems to come in around 2.5M or so. A deep playoff run goes a long way for an owner. Hopefully with all this revenue we buy zambonies :)

I have been told the Bruins take is 3m in Round 1, 5m in Round 2, 7m in Round 3 and 9m for the SCF.

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta

If the Canes win game 3 it will be tight.
Nonetheless I totally see us coming out of there with a split.

I haven't heard if they are going with Murazuk or not. Putting their backup in game 3 and ending up losing.....?
Adios Canes.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Agree, but one young man who had a goal and two assists needs more love on here- Danton Heinen. He doesn't stand out because he's not flashy, but is that boy working hard night in and night out. He's great digging in the corners and around the net. Never gives up. Love this kid.

I love Woodstock too. Guy does all the little things that his teammates & coaches appreciate even if some of the fans don't. I was worried when that asshat Hamilton crossed checked him after he scored but he got right up & skated off :phew:

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
I love Woodstock too. Guy does all the little things that his teammates & coaches appreciate even if some of the fans don't. I was worried when that asshat Hamilton crossed checked him after he scored but he got right up & skated off :phew:

Someone’s gonna have to give Douglas a talking to next game.

Maybe Chara will have an Emelin moment skating from one end of the ice to the other to jump him.

JK not that serious but I’m sure someone will get even with him.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Didn't they have nearly a week off before this series????

As far as I can tell, barring a complete collapse or miracle, Carolina is done. And I typically stray from making grand statements about future events because I believe in karma and hubris in the eyes of a chaotic particle and wave driven universe. I wouldn’t even be surprised if Boston sweeps them. Canes will probably sneak in a game down in Raleigh more realistically, but everything I’ve seen from the eye test indicates they can’t hang with the Bruins

But here’s my concern if it ends up being too easy; letting their guard down to a team like San Jose

For that reason I hope Carolina punches them in the mouth in game three and the bruins have to fight like hell to win it (no injuries just fast play that wakes them up)

I think I don’t want to lose to Joe Thornton’s sharks even more than I want to beat the canes.

But, games 3 and 4 first of course.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

RustyBruins72

Jul 29, 2005

81WM0nez8dL._SX425_.jpg
Quaider, Miller and ? Who's #36?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad