Post-Game Talk: ECF GAME 2 - NO COMPLAINTS - BRUINS 6 Whalercanes 2 F - B's Lead Series 2-0

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Is it me or does it feel like the Bruins still not played their best hockey yet?

I’m fully expecting the Canes to come out hungry at home in Game 3. They’re an aggressive team and being in front of their fans will give them a big boost.

However I still think there is another level the Bruins haven’t reached yet. As good as they’ve been, they’re still missing opportunities. There is still another gear. I think they bring it hard in Raleigh.

Split in Raleigh and come finish them Saturday night in Boston.

Bodit9

Oct 22, 2016
Upstate NY
Would you sign Coyle and MoJo for next season?

Coyle is signed through next year but I would try to extend him. I would let MoJo walk and have one of the young guys fill his role. If it works out, great. If not, trade for another MoJo-type at the deadline next year.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Help please, why do Bruin's fans hate Tuukka Rask or is it fans of other teams because he is so good like Brady? Thanks

Game 3 can't get here soon enough.

Go Briuns

The haters always say he was never as good as Tim Thomas

Thomas in 2011 had a save % of .940

upload_2019-5-13_12-46-23.png

Rask in 2013? exactly the same

upload_2019-5-13_12-49-16.png

I suspect he doesn't get the respect from the Canadian media because of the Leafs discarding him

In Boston, some fans have never forgiven him for getting sick in a game the team needed to make the playoffs.

Reactions: Maine Fan

Bodit9

Oct 22, 2016
Upstate NY
Brind'Amour doesn't change goalies during a game. Didn't do it once this season (except when Mrazek got hurt against the Isles).

That was utterly baffling. Let's be honest, that game was probably out of reach. I definitely would have taken out my tender after the 2nd and preserved his confidence plus try to give your team a spark. But he decides to stay with him and he gets lit up for two more. Now his confidence is shot. Weird decision.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
That was utterly baffling. Let's be honest, that game was probably out of reach. I definitely would have taken out my tender after the 2nd and preserved his confidence plus try to give your team a spark. But he decides to stay with him and he gets lit up for two more. Now his confidence is shot. Weird decision.
He said in his post game comments something to the effect of "other guys should have been pulled/benched too, it's not just the goalie."

Weird, but I'll take it.

In no way do I think this series is over, though. Canes were in this exact situation against Washington, and they have a perfect home record so far. Hope the Bruins stop that little streak. :D

Reactions: BMC and Chief Nine

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
Game three huge for the Bruins
This is where the Cain’s turned the series on the caps
Then in game four oshie broke his leg and the rest is now history

Bergyesque

Been there, done that.
Mar 11, 2014
Laval, QC, Canada
For the FIRST time this season the Bruins are rolling 4 lines - NINETEEN players have scored a goal in the playoffs.

A team playing its best hockey in May usually works out very well.
Crazy isn't it?
We were told again again how the Bs were a one-line team.
Yet, they scored the most goals so far in the playoffs, but have only 2 players in the top ten...
One-line team, yeah don't let facts distort a good storyline.
upload_2019-5-13_13-28-2.png

dtam83

Jun 8, 2011
Boston
Crazy isn't it?
Yet, they scored the most goals so far in the playoffs, but have only 2 players in the top ten...
View attachment 227363
to be fair, they were most of the season. We didn't have a lot of depth and players got injured. The Coyle and Mojo deals have been huge for the team, credit to Don Sweeney even though at the time I wish he had done more. maybe he did enough after all

Reactions: Bergyesque

Bodit9

Oct 22, 2016
Upstate NY
The haters always say he was never as good as Tim Thomas

Thomas in 2011 had a save % of .940

View attachment 227347

Rask in 2013? exactly the same

View attachment 227349

I suspect he doesn't get the respect from the Canadian media because of the Leafs discarding him

In Boston, some fans have never forgiven him for getting sick in a game the team needed to make the playoffs.

I think I've always felt like Rask was good in the playoffs but never really put the team on his back like Thomas did, and frankly, pretty much every Stanley Cup winning goalie does. Occasionally he would underwhelm and let in a softie here or there. Almost to the point where it was expected. Not this year though. He's put the team on his back and elevated his game to a level I've ever seen from him. He's been excellent.

Reactions: BruinsFTW and BMC

Concessionaire

That could have gone better.
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2003
New Orleans
Crazy isn't it?
View attachment 227363
Well...during a big chunk of the regular season they WERE a one line team, with virtually no scoring from lines 2 - 4. Like many posters here I was impatient for the coach and the GM to DO SOMETHING TO FIX IT!!!

They did end up fixing it, but it took some time. And I learned I need to have a bit more patience with this group, from the team leaders to the coach to the GM, because they obviously know what they're doing.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
I’m looking forward to seeing how things go in Carolina, if we win 1 of 2 over there I think we’re in really good shape.

I’ll be a bit afraid after that if this series is too quick how we would perform in the next.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad