Post-Game Talk: ECF GAME 2 - NO COMPLAINTS - BRUINS 6 Whalercanes 2 F - B's Lead Series 2-0

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
So you think Williams pulled Marchand's stick up to that height?

Or is he pulling it off his neck?

Considering the players involved, its a really tough choice.

Marchand gets him below the shoulder, Williams grabs the stick and holds it at his shoulder and then he falls. The stick is never at his neck

Bocephus86

Mar 2, 2011
Boston
Marchand gets him below the shoulder, Williams grabs the stick and holds it at his shoulder and then he falls. The stick is never at his neck
I've watched the clip a bunch. They are going at each other since behind the net, Marchand sticks him where we see the main replay start and I think Williams is trying to grab it to get a call ("Look at what he's doing here!"); he spins around and Marchand punks him, drawing the call instead.

Frankly I think it was both guys trying to get into each other and than both thinking they can draw a call, and Marchand winning while clowning Williams (who I like).

Bergyesque

Been there, done that.
Mar 11, 2014
Laval, QC, Canada
Someone’s gonna have to give Douglas a talking to next game.

Maybe Chara will have an Emelin moment skating from one end of the ice to the other to jump him.

JK not that serious but I’m sure someone will get even with him.
Not that I wouldn't like that, but let's keep our eyes on the prize, aka the Cup.
Wouldn't want to lose Chara with a suspension.
Revenge is a dish best served cold. Poor Dougie won't know what's hitting him, next year, in whatever uniform!

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Coyle is signed for next season. But yes, I sign both of them because I didn't see much from the callups that played before the Bruins got these two.

Agreed, I package one or two of those call-ups you're referring to along with Backes to make the cap space. We'll be set for a few years .

Reactions: rfournier103

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006
Jacobs just picked up this beauty
View attachment 227413

I played high school hockey before the advent of the Zamboni (click on the attachment above). At the Rhode Island Auditorium the ice was scraped by a group of "rink rats" (young guys) pushing metal blades around the rink. New ice was formed by spraying water with a fire hose, then the rink rats skated around again to smooth out the water prior to freezing.

Many rink rats were high school players, including a few of my teammates at LaSalle Academy. For historical perspective, NHL management legend Lou Lamoriello was a center on the team. Lou was a year behind me and was a good guy with curly black hair back then.

Last edited:

Shoebottom88

Feb 4, 2019
I played high school hockey before the advent of the Zamboni (click on the attachment above). At the Rhode Island Auditorium the ice was scraped by a group of "rink rats" (young guys) pushing metal blades around the rink. New ice was formed by spraying water with a fire hose, then the rink rats skated around again to smooth out the water prior to freezing.

Many rink rats were high school players, including a few of my teammates at LaSalle Academy. For historical perspective, NHL management legend Lou Lamoriello was a center on the team. Lou was a year behind me and was a good guy with curly black hair back then.
You rubbed shoulders with the devil lol. Must have great stories.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad