Post-Game Talk: ECF GAME 2 - NO COMPLAINTS - BRUINS 6 Whalercanes 2 F - B's Lead Series 2-0

Zillah

Bleed Black and Gold
Apr 4, 2011
West Kelowna B.C.
upload_2019-5-13_12-53-48.jpeg

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
Remember the team you watched during the regular season didn't have Coyle and MoJo. The chemistry of these two guys is amazing. Where would the Bruins be without them in the playoffs? IMO they would be doing OK but not great as they have lately. Great acquisition by Sweeney at regular season end.
They don't beat Toronto with out them.
It isn't just the points they get. They play productive minutes, keeping other lines fresh.
The B's can roll 4 strong lines at all times now. Couldn't be said prior to Coyle and Mojo.

RustyBruins72

Jul 29, 2005
Hughson sounds like someone shot his dog each time the Bruins scores and his last sentence on the the video was shameful . Was he crying ¿ when he had to barf that out of his Bruins hateful mouth .

CBC Should be ashamed of themselves again.

I listened to it. What did he say wrong? Just the lack of enthusiasm?

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
I've seen various figures on how much a team makes per playoff game but seems to come in around 2.5M or so. A deep playoff run goes a long way for an owner. Hopefully with all this revenue we buy zambonies :)
Jacobs just picked up this beauty
upload_2019-5-13_16-3-5.jpeg

Reactions: northeastern

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014

This is cool, and I realize it's a regular passenger plane owned by an airline, but...

With all the bazillions Jacobs has, why don't the Bruins have their own team plane? I guess they really are cheap? :laugh:

Reactions: BMC

RustyBruins72

Jul 29, 2005

This is cool, and I realize it's a regular passenger plane owned by an airline, but...

With all the bazillions Jacobs has, why don't the Bruins have their own team plane? I guess they really are cheap? :laugh:

They probably have their own Lear Jet. But to manage a plane that size and use it only 7-8 months of the year isn't feasable. Chartering is the better and more cost effective way to go.

Reactions: lopey

Bruin

Apr 19, 2018
Alaska
They probably have their own Lear Jet. But to manage a plane that size and use it only 7-8 months of the year isn't feasable. Chartering is the better and more cost effective way to go.
If I was a betting man, I bet they will eventually have more team logos as their tail flash. The do it here on the west coast (Alaska Airlines) and these planes aren't dedicated to the teams but are flown on daily commutes all across the US.

arider1990

Dec 9, 2018
Honestly, this is why I think some Boston fans don't deserve the Bruins. I have no doubt that Rask is pure Black and Gold - and that afternoon of the last game, I have no doubt the black was coming out one end, and the gold was coming out the other. Yes, he seems a bit cool and aloof at times, and can be a bit snippy with the media, but there is no WAY he's going to miss a game unless he really, really couldn't play.

We also missed the playoffs that year by 3 points - last time I checked, you can only win 2 per game.

Also remember that that was the second year of having two bad backups: Gustavson, who was preceded by Svedberg - those were the backups when we failed to make the playoffs, and I don't think they were that good. Since the shortened season, we've gone to the playoffs with Chad Johnson (who I thought gets a bad rap - I thought he was actually decent), Dobby twice, and Halak...all who've been much better. Krug even tipped his hat to Halak recently - yeah, Halak's (hopefully) not going to be doing much of anything the rest of this season. But the reason Rask is doing well now is he didn't have to play every single damn game during the regular season!

Also, that 2015-6 season, Rask started in 62 games. He's started in 60 so far this season - and that's INCLUDING 15 playoff games! Can you criticize his stamina? Yeah, maybe. But, hey, if you can keep Rask's regular season load down and you get this kind of performance in the playoffs, you take that deal every time you can, and find a decent backup.
That was the year they missed it because of a tiebreaker with the Red Wings. The year before was the one they missed it by 2 points setting the record for most points by a Non playoff team.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
How does he figure that? They swept the Islanders and had plenty of time to rest their weary minds...

1704050871_5991288758001_5991285449001-vs-1024x576.jpg
has a young and inexperienced team, likely knows they have overachieved already this playoff but wasn`t about to offer the B`s any tire pumpin nor tear down his troops for their play thus far

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
So what’s the goal ? Split in Carolina? The games should be much closer but I think the Bruins can find a way to win one in Carolina. Need a big game from line 1 .
my goal is to keep their feet (or sticks if your Marchand) on their collective necks, go for the sweep.

Canes have been resilient but haven`t shown as much cracks as they did in game 2 and the 3rd period of game 1. Weather the first 10 where they will come out flying, crowd going nuts and the experience and depth "should" take over and having the benefit of Tuukka being so dialed in is absolutely huge, just allows the guys in front of him to not live in fear of having a guy back there who`s giving up softies

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
They don't beat Toronto with out them.
It isn't just the points they get. They play productive minutes, keeping other lines fresh.
The B's can roll 4 strong lines at all times now. Couldn't be said prior to Coyle and Mojo.
and their production forces the opponent to respect the B`s top 3 lines, one of those pick your poison kind of situations, not sure how many teams have the D depth to do that without exhausting your top 4. Not the flashiest of deadline acquisitions but so valuable, much like the Kelly/Pevs deals from the Cup year

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
and their production forces the opponent to respect the B`s top 3 lines, one of those pick your poison kind of situations, not sure how many teams have the D depth to do that without exhausting your top 4. Not the flashiest of deadline acquisitions but so valuable, much like the Kelly/Pevs deals from the Cup year
I think the CBJ D'men , the top 3, were really worn down.
Torts was playing them 28 minutes a game, every game, and they were a real tough 28 minutes.
I think the same will happen for every series that goes 6 or 7 games. I don't know about the other
teams, but the B's D is deep, as are the forwards.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I think the CBJ D'men , the top 3, were really worn down.
Torts was playing them 28 minutes a game, every game, and they were a real tough 28 minutes.
I think the same will happen for every series that goes 6 or 7 games. I don't know about the other
teams, but the B's D is deep, as are the forwards.
for sure, after Savard/Werenski and Jones the Jackets had nothing, think they had 2-3 of their starting D injured but still, when a team, Bruins or otherwise can push 3 lines over the boards who can not just hurt you offensively, but NOT hurt you defensively, so tough to match.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Coyle maybe the best 3rd line center in the entire NHL, does it all and shows great vision and an high Hockey IQ on this pretty pass to Grizz

Reactions: BMC

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad