Post-Game Talk: EC Round 1: New York Rangers (M3) vs. Pittsburgh Penguins (M2) (PIT leads 1-0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Great defense alright. Guys were getting on AV for blaming Yandle on the short handed goal. If you listened closely, in the beginning he said guys didn't get back on D. He didn't mention names, but that guy was Nash. He watched the guy go by him and made no attempt to go after him. instead he made a lazy attempt to block the pass.

I thought it was Miller that missed his backcheck

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Great defense alright. Guys were getting on AV for blaming Yandle on the short handed goal. If you listened closely, in the beginning he said guys didn't get back on D. He didn't mention names, but that guy was Nash. He watched the guy go by him and made no attempt to go after him. instead he made a lazy attempt to block the pass.

Easier to blame the guy who won't be here next year unfortunately

vladmyir111

Mar 27, 2007
He could have had a hyphema or ruptured globe.

Not sure if you have worn a goalie mask during a game before, but that is super highly unlikely unless someone is using a peewee sized stick. It just doesn't reach that far in there, just enough to do something like this once in a million kind of situations.

Kane One

Feb 6, 2010
Brooklyn, New NY
I would usually NEVER invade another team's board, at all. Especially after a game.

But thought that you all might appreciate the sharing of this so am doing so and hope that it is taken in the right spirit as intended.

From our seats you can see the opposing teams practice before the games. They are in a more public part of their locker room and usually do soccer and similar here to warm up.

I thought that people would enjoy the behind the scenes pictures.

(LARGE PICS)

Do fans ever talk to the players through there or ask for souvenirs?

Last edited by a moderator:

Richter Scale

Aug 4, 2012
Not worried after tonight. If Hank can get back into the series and the Rangers keep playing like that, this will be a good series. They outplayed the Penguins. Just keep doing that, and clean up some of the mistakes/bury chances.

M Staal, Yandle, and Girardi all looked fine outside of the two total **** ups below. They will need to keep it up. Klein was solid. Skjei was sheltered, looked shaky, but was better than I expected for his first playoff game, so ok I guess? Stepan looked good. Hayes, Fast, Kreider, and Zucc all looked decent. Brassard, Nash, E Staal, Miller, and Dom Moore need to be better.

The worst parts about this game:

1. Girardi looking for a call/whatever the **** instead of hustling on the first goal. So tired of guys doing this. Play the ****ing game. Stop lobbying for calls.

2. The traffic cone... er... I mean Yandle on the 2-on-1.

3. Defensive wizard Nash going for a change instead of back checking on the SHG. Almost as bad as Kostityn's disgusting bail against the Oilers in 2013 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5i_7s45q7wc). Almost. Not quite. But it's the playoffs. Want it. God damn.

And stop ******** on G for the second goal. BUT LOL MAN DAT SCREEN SHOT LUKS FUNNAY. That has happened to every single defenseman ever, including board favorite Yandle. Tough play. Happens. Move on.

On to the next game. Cautiously optimistic despite the loss.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Do fans ever talk to the players through there or ask for souvenirs?

It is a gap through the seating (about a foot and a half wide and as high as the seat) so built that way and intended to be there. I doubt that the players even know that it is there. So no, I would not start yelling down at them. Not while sober anyways. ;)

Borderline uncomfortable even taking the pics, but it is a public area of the locker room and thought that you guys might enjoy seeing a behind the scenes warm up of your team.

Black Aces

Oct 4, 2008
Not sure if you have worn a goalie mask during a game before, but that is super highly unlikely unless someone is using a peewee sized stick. It just doesn't reach that far in there, just enough to do something like this once in a million kind of situations.

Cant say I have worn one but I am a physician.

vladmyir111

Mar 27, 2007
Cant say I have worn one but I am a physician.

Well yes, then you can imagine what blunt force trauma can do to an eye, I'm only saying that even with maximum penetration the stick can't get far enough in do trauma level damage. It's a graze. A painful one that is mostly superficial in real life, but a month in this case is obviously not good.

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
It is a gap through the seating (about a foot and a half wide and as high as the seat) so built that way and intended to be there. I doubt that the players even know that it is there. So no, I would not start yelling down at them. Not while sober anyways. ;)

Borderline uncomfortable even taking the pics, but it is a public area of the locker room and thought that you guys might enjoy seeing a behind the scenes warm up of your team.

Thanks for sharing.

Holocene

Mar 10, 2011
Toms River, NJ

That's pretty cool thanks for the pics! Is that hole large enough to drop things through? Haha I'd be nervous about dropping things through it :laugh:

Richter Scale

Aug 4, 2012
yeah giving our best defenseman this game some leeway because he played a 2 on 1 poorly while Girardi and Staal literally tried to give the game away is just totally incomprehensible cUZ CORSI LOL xD NERSD

Yes. It is. He can play amazing all game. If he plays that badly on a crucial, momentum changing play, then he should be **** on. That goes for everyone. And as you'll see in my subsequent post, I **** on G too. Each of them had abysmal plays that changed the game. Otherwise, they were both fine. But instead somehow the game got turned into some ******** narrative where G gave the game away but Yandle didn't, cuz corgi. You literally cited his corgi. I guess I shouldn't point that out CUZ LOL IZ CALLIN U A NERD RITE? K.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
That's pretty cool thanks for the pics! Is that hole large enough to drop things through? Haha I'd be nervous about dropping things through it :laugh:

The ushers have told me that people have lost cell phones through there, etc.

It is pretty big so not like it is a hole someone made in a wall or anything like that. It is a triangle sized wedge from where the seating row curves. Pretty big actually, and goes up three rows.

I will leave you guys now, thanks for being cool.

vladmyir111

Mar 27, 2007

It is pretty big so not like it is a hole someone made in a wall or anything like that. It is a triangle sized wedge from where the seating row curves. Pretty big actually, and goes up three rows.

What section is it in?

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey

Jaded pls, you're always welcome.

RangerBlues

Apr 27, 2004
BRONX NYC
tumblr_inline_o5lrcx6jKL1tiq4lq_500.gif

nightmares

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Do we have any idea what Hank's injury could be? Scratched cornea?

The sad thing is even with all of the breakdowns, this game could've been won.

It all just sucks bc I'm not even sure if a first round exit will bring the changes we all want/the team needs to retool as a contender. We need to move one of G or Staal at the very least. And the other if not moved needs to be given a diminished role.

Instead, they will both likely be back. The big change will probably be a Nash trade because of his contract, but then where does that leave us? The two big problems on defense will still be here, the coach that deploys them like it's 2014 will still be here deploying them like it's 2014 and the defenseman with the unique skill set who should be part of the solution (Yandle) will be gone. The problems will still be here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad