Post-Game Talk: EC Round 1: New York Rangers (M3) vs. Pittsburgh Penguins (M2) (PIT leads 1-0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bubba5

Aug 2, 2005
This has been the Rangers all year. Other than the first 10
Minutes. The pens dominated everything. And the Rangers hoped goalie would bail them out until they would somehow manage to get a couple goals to win. Well it did not happen and probably won't happen the rest of the series.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
I thought it was a good road game until Hank got hurt.

Let's hope he's okay.

Why didn`t AV change him - he let in a soft goal right after the incident. It didn`t look like a serious injury - and it seems that Hank was more afraid than really hurt which somehow ruin his focus as a goalie. AV should used a timeout and talk with Hank in that situation..

Placid

Feb 17, 2010
Why didn`t AV change him - he let in a soft goal right after the incident. It didn`t look like a serious injury - and it seems that Hank was more afraid than really hurt which somehow ruin his focus as a goalie. AV should used a timeout and talk with Hank in that situation..
Thats the goalie's (and the medical staff that came out) decision. If Hank said he was ok (which he must have done), and the medical staff was fine with that, i very much doubt you'll find a single coach anywhere who overturns that.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
Henrik Leman
‏@henrikleman
This to all Rangers fans: Joel was extremely tight-lipped about Hank, the no fear of permanent ey injury pretty much all he said.

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
For health reasons, I think I'm going to take Game 2 off.

It took me two hours to fall asleep last night, and I woke up again an hour later, getting only 3.5 hours of sleep total before my 12 hour shift today.

Frankly, I have plans on Saturday that I don't want ruined by these bozos. I think I need to take a step back from this team if only for a little while if they're literally making me lose sleep.

Thanks for listening/reading me vent, guys.

I didn't sleep well either. Although I didn't think they played anywhere nearly as badly as the consensus around these parts.

They made three mistakes and those three mistakes ended up in the back of the net. No team in the NHL plays a perfect hockey game. There will be turnovers. The Rangers made plenty of mistakes last season; though the puck didn't end up in the back of the net all the time.

That reminded me of a December game where the Rangers are good enough to win, then ONE mistake, it's in the net. Really think it's more an issue of bad luck and a defenseman in Girardi that has way too many miles on his tires than anything else.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Turning point was the SHG. So close to tying it up, but then Lovejoy(?) made the play of the game, and the momentum just turned right over to the Pens for the rest of the game.

Rangers need to keep playing like they did. Mistakes happen. Hopefully Girardi watches some tape and knows what to fix up, namely playing to the whistle.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Thats the goalie's (and the medical staff that came out) decision. If Hank said he was ok (which he must have done), and the medical staff was fine with that, i very much doubt you'll find a single coach anywhere who overturns that.

Yes, you are right about that concerning the medical staff, but a strange decision since Raanta started 2nd period. My point is that Hank lost focus, and AV should do something before end of 1st. period.

Dr. Ogrodnick

Jan 10, 2007
Yes, you are right about that concerning the medical staff, but a strange decision since Raanta started 2nd period. My point is that Hank lost focus, and AV should do something before end of 1st. period.

Girandi lost focus even worse on that goal. Henrik should getvto punch him in the eye.

BarbaraAlphanse

The Girardi 1st period goal is unacceptable.

The Crosby goal was a great goal. Great players finish those, I don't know if Nash does.

Very Sloppy

I'm a huge doubter of Nash, but he had an awesome game last night.

cd211

Feb 6, 2010
New York, NY
The funny thing is for all you advanced stat crazes out there.. We had a shot attempts % close of 62.71% and still got **** on 5-2... We played solid, but like all year a few brain farts and they capitalize

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
I think they played stupid last night. Too many bad penalties. The short handed goal was atrocious.

Yeah it was kind of appropriate that our playoffs would start on the 13th

I thought we started well for a road team, after that there was a series of miscues that caused our demise the same thing every playoffs except this year we have more loose ends than in previous years.

Dr. Ogrodnick

Jan 10, 2007
My biggest concern with all of this is that Lundqvist is out the rest of the series and the organization uses that as an excuse to fool themselves into believing that no changes are needed.

Brief Candle

Hank's Forehead Sweat
Jan 30, 2010
New Jersey
rocklandmusic.com
One thing that has bothered me about this group for some time now: They come out FLYING most nights, but it looks like if they don't get rewarded early with a goal or two, they slink down like a child who didn't get the ice cream they wanted.

I can only hope we begin rebuilding after this.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
My biggest concern with all of this is that Lundqvist is out the rest of the series and the organization uses that as an excuse to fool themselves into believing that no changes are needed.

I don't think management has a choice, fortunately. However the fanbase will go on using that as an excuse for decades, surely.

Jackson Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I think they played stupid last night. Too many bad penalties. The short handed goal was atrocious.

As a few people have said, to me, that was the turning point of the game and it was caused because of lack of hustle and stupidity.

They were dumb the whole night with turning over the puck just inside the offensive blueline (Zucc, E. Staal) and the penalties on Kreider and Moore were just idiotic.

I can take when a player makes a great move or a goalie makes a great save but don't give up the game changing goal because you're tired or you think someone else is going to cover for you. Be smart and play everything out!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese