OT: Eastside Hockey Manager Releases New Game

SickScottMondo

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2011
Blue Bell, PA
Well, if my tank wasn't already going strong with a record of 7-17-3, Mason just got injured for four months in late December...

At least we're not the Coyotes who are 4-28-1!

Jray42

May 10, 2009
Philadelphia
Were they player based or team based?

Just wondering because I'm an admin at one of the largest player based sim leagues and was going to attempt to recruit you :sarcasm:

Team based, but I know a few guys did they player thing too. vhl or something like that?

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
And now I want every fan on those damn message boards to apologize to me because I just pulled off the heist of the century. Trade deadline day comes and who is on waivers? But oh, only the Finnish God of Defense. Place a claim on him and boom, he's back to being a Flyer. Worship me you silly fans.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Not going to get it until after my next assignment as it is due in two weeks, I also have the biggest water-polo game of the season that week as well, (it is like Auburn vs Alabama... but with only around 500 spectators.) so cannot sit around playing EHM eating crap.

But already have my plan in mind from the get go. One of the first steps involves getting Kruger and rolling:

Giroux-Couturier-Laughton-Kruger

down the middle for the foreseeable future.

I hope Kruger is as good on D in the game as he is in real life... 24 years old and hell to play against while also possessing some skill. That four should mean match-up nightmares for other teams trying to score.

And ofc shed dead-weight while getting picks!

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
And now I want every fan on those damn message boards to apologize to me because I just pulled off the heist of the century. Trade deadline day comes and who is on waivers? But oh, only the Finnish God of Defense. Place a claim on him and boom, he's back to being a Flyer. Worship me you silly fans.

On one of the 2007 updates (I think the 2011-12 one) Turris used to get waived almost every time when teams were setting rosters to start the season.

Someone always picked him up and if they played him he became their 2C almost instantly and was good for 50 points for the foreseeable future. Quite accurate actually!

Oranges

Jan 19, 2013
Ontario
One thing I noticed using the TBL Rosters is that they made a mistake doing the Coburn trade. They gave Tampa our 1st and 3rd round picks.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
28ilpbc.png

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
One thing I noticed using the TBL Rosters is that they made a mistake doing the Coburn trade. They gave Tampa our 1st and 3rd round picks.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Just finished the first season, the Lightning win the Cup over the Kings. I finish in 3rd to last. Lightning win the lottery with my pick...

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I can't believe that happened. Of course they had to win the lottery with it too. So anyone that has the game will have to restart if they want to have their first round pick.

Oranges

Jan 19, 2013
Ontario
Just thought of a really easy fix. You can add a new gm to the game. Make him on the Lightning and just propose a trade for those picks back. You can then retire him and go back to just controlling the Flyers.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Is there any way to get the updated NHL format with the use of wild cards?

Edit: nvm I didn't read the small print at the bottom of the standings page

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Just finished the first season, the Lightning win the Cup over the Kings. I finish in 3rd to last. Lightning win the lottery with my pick...

Just thought of a really easy fix. You can add a new gm to the game. Make him on the Lightning and just propose a trade for those picks back. You can then retire him and go back to just controlling the Flyers.

Yes thats the simplest solution that does not need starting the game over (until a patch/roster update comes out), the only negative is that it will send the Bolts to a few weeks hiatus of looking for a new GM. But who cares about that when they tricked us and stole our picks :sarcasm:

Anyway, since the fantasy draft seems to be quite focused on youth, I managed to snag all Subban, Weber and Ovechkin... We got a cup and Mason was 3rd in Vezina voting

Feb 21, 2012
Pennsylvania
This game sounds really fun. I've been a huge fan of GM Mode in the NHL series but I haven't bought one since 13. Might have to check this game out.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Well I did what was suggested, gave them a 7th round pick in 2019. I hope they're happy. I also fired Berube finally and hired Patrick Roy, is he a good coach? No but i'm running the ship and i'll do whatever I damn well please.

On to FA.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad