Eastside Hockey Manager - Part X Patch 1.5 Edition! (April 22nd Open Beta)

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The V6 Beta is a separate workshop item make sure you are subscribed to the right one.
Yeah, I'm in the right one, even tried unsubbing and subbing back multiple times. I tried to go in an fire Dave Hakstol and he wasn't there to fire.

vcanuck

Feb 7, 2011
This has probably been asked a million times, but how do I add Seattle and the expansion draft to the game?

thanks in advance.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
This has probably been asked a million times, but how do I add Seattle and the expansion draft to the game?

thanks in advance.

You cannot add an expansion draft. You need to add Seattle to the game and transfer the players in the editor.

@xECK29x new DB has Seattle and you can edit the team using the editor if you disagree with the picks made.

Reactions: vcanuck

Beef Cake

Aug 10, 2016
I'm thinking once I'm happy with the world wide quality of my 00 DB I might put out a second option expanding the league to 32 and 36. I think adding in Vegas and Seattle from the start would really make for an interesting first few seasons, and the expanding further bringing back Quebec and Winnipeg, with two additional markets. Probably a ways off but I've been thinking of some fun things to do with it.

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
Always nice to see when # of club legend goes to the rafters :)

dz.jpg

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
It's funny, yet slightly OT. This year, in the real world, we currently have a whole bunch of 'very good/star' players either on the block, or exploring Free Agency.

I always chuckle when I see some players give reviews on Steam or even years ago here when posters would complain that many players of that caliber wouldn't be 'on the block' or on Free Agency.

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
It's funny, yet slightly OT. This year, in the real world, we currently have a whole bunch of 'very good/star' players either on the block, or exploring Free Agency.

I always chuckle when I see some players give reviews on Steam or even years ago here when posters would complain that many players of that caliber wouldn't be 'on the block' or on Free Agency.

The game is more realistic than people give it credit for.
Similarly, I never found the draft that "bad" - often had late rounders make the NHL.

The big way to "cheat" the game though is to continually trade the rights of failed prospects for 1st rounders far in the future. Do this every year and you constantly have 3-4 first rounders... But obviously you have to actively go out of your way to do that.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
HF Boards Superstar v16

Version 16 of EHM Superstar is open, got some ideas to make this one more interactive and to make the updates more fun. Will be using @xECK29x 's rosters as always. It will be interesting to see if we can actually break records now that records are updated! We need players of all positions and nationalities! Sign up if you want! It's fun and I always enjoy doing these updates for yall

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
Similarly, I never found the draft that "bad" - often had late rounders make the NHL.

The big way to "cheat" the game though is to continually trade the rights of failed prospects for 1st rounders far in the future. Do this every year and you constantly have 3-4 first rounders... But obviously you have to actively go out of your way to do that.

This will be a bit of a long-winded post, but yes, I agree. Yes - the cheating part is a simple cop-out, especially with the case of EHM07. You could pull off more 'quantity for quality' deals in the older version.

The way how 'players rights' are viewed by teams needs to be somewhat fixed by the AI. Unless I am missing something (or not understanding it), some teams will have failed prospect rights until they retire. If you can play it just right, you can trade all your 1-star valued prospects for late round picks.

I think another big problem with the expectations of certain tidbits of EHM is dealing with the competitors of the game (EA, FHM)

I find EA's product to be wildly inconsistent and inaccurate, especially when it comes to the draft side. You will have players complain about how there are not many NHL-ready prospects, but yet when you play EA NHL, you are showered with Top-6 players and Franchise Forwards/Defense man that seemingly pop out of nowhere. I understand how the EHM regen/newgen system works, but EA's formula is something I could never understand.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
This will be a bit of a long-winded post, but yes, I agree. Yes - the cheating part is a simple cop-out, especially with the case of EHM07. You could pull off more 'quantity for quality' deals in the older version.

The way how 'players rights' are viewed by teams needs to be somewhat fixed by the AI. Unless I am missing something (or not understanding it), some teams will have failed prospect rights until they retire. If you can play it just right, you can trade all your 1-star valued prospects for late round picks.

I think another big problem with the expectations of certain tidbits of EHM is dealing with the competitors of the game (EA, FHM)

I find EA's product to be wildly inconsistent and inaccurate, especially when it comes to the draft side. You will have players complain about how there are not many NHL-ready prospects, but yet when you play EA NHL, you are showered with Top-6 players and Franchise Forwards/Defense man that seemingly pop out of nowhere. I understand how the EHM regen/newgen system works, but EA's formula is something I could never understand.

agreed, the game does not get enough credit. If you play the game honest, it takes a lot of skill to build a championship contending team the right way.

abo9

Jun 25, 2017

To be fair I just highlighted it because it's the most exploitable thing I found in the game, and it's really easy to not exploit it.

Having good players on UFA or on the block is not exploitable in EHM, since they ask way too much imo and you become cap-strapped pretty fast.

The complains about the draft are a pet-peeve of mine. Never understood them. It's a little rocky in the first couple seasons but every team I build through the draft becomes extremely good. And to the AI's credit they also find some gems that I miss.

As far as NHL-ready prospects, I'm playing the new version and idk how that could still be a complain. #1-2 OA are often NHL-ready, sometimes even 1st line ready (ala McDavid), and obviously sometimes duds. I got a guy 22 OA that I played in the NHL straight away on an absolutely stacked team and he produced 30 points as a D.

And like you said, EA makes no sense at all, although I've not played the recent iterations enough. Only glaring thing I'm really missing with EHM might be salary retention - that'd be really cool, but maybe tough to implement idk?

filip85

Feb 7, 2017

Well yes, but problem is that bottom teams won't accept these kind of deals. Top to mid teams will, but then again those are mid - to - bottom 1st rounders which may not result in being NHL-ers let alone good one(s).

Reactions: WreckingCrew

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Well yes, but problem is that bottom teams won't accept these kind of deals. Top to mid teams will, but then again those are mid - to - bottom 1st rounders which may not result in being NHL-ers let alone good one(s).

It's pretty easy to predict which top team will be trash 5 years from then.

Find a team whose stars are in their 30s and trade for their first 5 years from now. By the time the pick happens, they are often bottom feeders due to their stars declining or even retiring.

When I play that way, I get top10 picks pretty much every year.

abo9

Jun 25, 2017

Well even if they bust you package those rights again for more picks.

At one point you have an overabundance of good players and you have to trade those guys for 1st's for cap space. The ball just rolls from there.

It's pretty easy to predict which top team will be trash 5 years from then.

Find a team whose stars are in their 30s and trade for their first 5 years from now. By the time the pick happens, they are often bottom feeders due to their stars declining or even retiring.

When I play that way, I get top10 picks pretty much every year.

Playing like that is not realistic but it can become quite hilarious. You can literally destroy a team for years and years.

When you figure out who will crash as you said, you can target their 1st and 2nd a couple years in a row. Trade them overpriced contracts for shits and giggles, and then they can't do nothing about rebuilding :laugh:

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
Is it just me, or is the new db / version full of prospects that have low hockey iq and / or decision making stats? I haven't done an extensive look through every prospect every year but the prospects that are highly rated from the scouting reports, they all have low hockey iq and / or decision making. Is this the new norm?

Last edited:

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
If I want to build my one Kraken team, is it as simple as using the editor and switching "Playing team" and "contracted team" on the players screen?

Apr 9, 2009
USA
Is there a way to control all 32 teams for a fantasy draft? I looked through the editors to see if I could change that, but I didn't see anything. I want to draft realistic teams, instead of having 14 NHL dmen and no wingers on a team, for example.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad