Eastside Hockey Manager - Part X Patch 1.5 Edition! (April 22nd Open Beta)

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Officially looking forward to the next update just so I can take over Seattle and fire Dave Hakstol

Reactions: xECK29x

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
What are they thinking man, feels like a really rushed decision.
Well, Ron Francis has a pretty good history of never doing anything and Dave Hakstol had a long history with the Flyers of running out low-event boring hockey and low-ceiling highly-specific players, which should make for an interesting expansion draft of finding guys who do as little as possible. Maybe they’ll take everyone free agents and maintain flexibility.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Testing a new European Super League concept...so far it's pretty fun! For testing purposes, same rules and finances as the KHL.

- I didn't want to completely obliterate the traditional domestic leagues so the league has been capped at 16 clubs.
- With its central location and financial pull - Switzerland is the HQ/home nation for the competition.
- I plan on creating domestic cups for all the major nations so that ESL clubs and clubs left in the domestic leagues still have a championship to play for against each other.
- Tried to do some sort of relegation/playout league with bottom ESL finishers and domestic champs but there is no way to direct EHM to relegate teams into the proper league. Plus the ESL finances or so vastly different it would be a harsh drop. So for now the ESL is a self-contained league like the NHL and KHL.

LEAGUE LINE-UP
Let me start by saying this is not a Champions Hockey League style tournament - it's a full league of 60 games. Members were not chosen based on recent record or recent domestic championships - they have been chosen based on traditional power, attendance / financial / arena setup and population base. So you won't see SHL powerhouse Vaxjo Lakers or recent Finnish champs Rauman Lukko who draw from relatively small areas and have small areanas / attendance. Almost all these selected teams average at or above 7,000 fans per game - a lot average much more especially in good season.

SWEDEN
- Djugardens: The primary club in Stockholm, big attendance, big arena, historically mighty
- Frolunda: The primary club in Goteborg (Sweden's second city), big attendance, big arena, plenty of recent success
- Farjestad: Extremely well-supported with excellent attendance and arena capacity, historically mighty with the most Swedish championships of all time
- Malmo Redhawks: The primary club in Malmo (Sweden's third city), very big arena and good attendance

HV71 might have made it but got torpedoed out of the SHL in real life with a very poor season. Linkoping, Brynas, Leksands all meet the qualifications but had to draw a line. Vaxjo and Rogle among the best recent Swedish team's but small markets/arenas. This will keep the SHL a good viable league though.

FINLAND
- Jokerit: They move over from the KHL to a more familiar league...not much to say - powerful roster and attendance and Helsinki-based
- HIFK: Local Helsinki rivals to Jokerit with large arena and best attendance in Liiga.

Note: I know two Finnish teams from a great hockey nation seems light but the rest of the clubs, even the good ones, have modest attendance and arenas...just not a ton of population. Karpat, TPS and the two Tampere clubs would be close if I made the ESL bigger. But this leaves Liiga still as a very good league with them only losing HIFK essentially.

CZECH REPUBLIC
- Sparta Praha: Prague-based with good history and huge arena and attendance - a no-brainer.
- Kometa Brno: The primary club in Brno (Czech's second city), big attendance, big arena, historically mighty with domestic and European Cups.
- Dyanmo Pardubice: Extremely well-supported with big attendance and very big arena...7500-8000 attendance even in poor years

Liberec almost make it but not quite as good of historical attendance...but still pretty good and tons of recent success

GERMANY
- Kolner Haie: #3 in all of Europe (including KHL) in attendance. Humongous arena and support. Factory for German players.
- Eisbaren Berlin: #4 in all of Europe (including KHL) in attendance. Berlin market. Huge arena and support. Plenty of titles.
- Adler Mannheim: #5 in all of Europe (including KHL) in attendance. Huge arena and support. Factory for German players.

Had to draw a line somewhere so Dusseldorfer miss out but in terms of financials and attendance they could very well be in here over some other teams. Also with Red Bull backing, EHC Munchen has a case as well. Just didn't want too many German clubs.

SWITZERLAND
- SC Bern: No-brainer - far and away the best supported team inn Europe year after year, including the KHL clubs.
- ZSC Lions: #8 in Europe in attendance, Zurich market, Swiss factory...no question.
- HC Lausanne: Extremely well-supported (11th in all of Europe) in big, brand new state-of-the-art arena in Switzerland's 4th city.

EV Zug just miss the cut - big, well-supported team and Swiss player factory. Almost all the Swiss teams have great attendance and financials but had to draw a line.

SLOVAKIA
- Slovan Bratislava: Former KHL team that has always had great ambitions. Had insanely good support in KHL days with attendance over 10,000 per game. This gives them a good home to match their ambition.

Any qualms about my choices? Anybody want to make a case for somebody I left out? I don't want the league to get too big so I have to draw a line in the sand with membership.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Playing around with the editor. What does -20 potential entail? I know others such as -8,-9,-10 etc.

From the changelist:
- Added new random potential options in the database for player/non-player potentials:
- PA -20 = random between 150 and 200
- PA -19 = random between 130 and 180
- PA -18 = random between 110 and 160
- PA -17 = random between 90 and 140
- PA -16 = random between 70 and 120

There was a potential issue with those mentioned earlier in the thread, @xECK29x could probably say if it was confirmed/fixed.

Reactions: Green Snow Storm

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Some ESL screens from testing...

- 2025-26 season underway in this save:
OXhaBzv.png

- Scoring list shows a nice mix of Euro standouts with some solid North Americans who at this point in this save haven't quite made the cut in the NHL or are looking to boost their careers:
5OFnovf.png

- Jokerit has dominated so far which makes sense as they come into the league from Day 1 with a good KHL roster...will be interesting to see if they can continue. Derbies with HIFK have been fierce recently.
6GhJU4p.png

- ESL MVP's thus far:
5PKQHco.png

- Teams seem to be maintaining financial health - most rosters between $7-13 million for total salary. Top players can make well over $1 million. Minimum one-way contract is $100,000 per year.
XA9j43T.png

- Teams don't trade a lot during the season but May tends to be a busy month with contracts running out and moves being made:
mO4uf52.png

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
From the changelist:
- Added new random potential options in the database for player/non-player potentials:
- PA -20 = random between 150 and 200
- PA -19 = random between 130 and 180
- PA -18 = random between 110 and 160
- PA -17 = random between 90 and 140
- PA -16 = random between 70 and 120

There was a potential issue with those mentioned earlier in the thread, @xECK29x could probably say if it was confirmed/fixed.

It will be fixed in the next beta.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
@xECK29x did your 5.6.2 have the problematic PA (which mean we should see a difference in a new game) or was it just the 6.x?

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
@xECK29x did your 5.6.2 have the problematic PA (which mean we should see a difference in a new game) or was it just the 6.x?

It isn't tied to the DB it was tied to the game code not generating any player in an unselected league which had a new PA. I started adding the newer PAs in the last release of Pivot 5, use them a lot more in V6. The PA issue is only a major issue in 5 for the players added via the PG, as a sizable chunk of those players were using the new PAs, which was leading to reports of poor draft classes further on in the sim.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
V6 of Pivot updated this morning:

General Updates:
- Latest notable transactions
- Updated NHL offer sheet compensation zones for 2021
- Fixed some reputations being inconsistent across a few leagues divisions
- Fixed International Ruling body and re-linked to proper competition -- thanks Archi!
- Removed unused Financial and Transfer Rules -- thanks Archi!
- Updated NHL/AHL/ECHL affiliations for 2021-22 season based on changes announced so far
- Updated 2021 OHL, QMJHL, CHL Import and USHL draft classes with new CA/PAs, should produce decent results -- interested for feedback!!
- Updated Danish Metal Ligaen players -- thanks Hons85!!
- Updated ECHL club histories, club reputations, historical team names and player career histories -- thanks Amc74!!
- Updated various US junior, minor pro and NCAA competition histories -- thanks Amc74!!

Those that are playing with it please provide me feedback on the NCAA and how players turn out from the 2021 OHL, QMJHL and USHL draft classes

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
It isn't tied to the DB it was tied to the game code not generating any player in an unselected league which had a new PA. I started adding the newer PAs in the last release of Pivot 5, use them a lot more in V6. The PA issue is only a major issue in 5 for the players added via the PG, as a sizable chunk of those players were using the new PAs, which was leading to reports of poor draft classes further on in the sim.

That was what I meant.

I just couldn't remember if you had the new PA in the 5.6 DB.

Reactions: xECK29x

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Got it.

Still wish we could tinker with drafts. Do you know if Riz still planned on working on his editor? I know at one point that was something on the table - a built-in editor. Archi of course single handedly keeps us able to tinker with his editor but part of me was thinking just maybe a built-in editor by Riz could unlock a few new items, like editing or adding actual drafts to leagues or unlocking rhe ability to have U-18 and U-17 IIHF junior tournaments.

archibalduk

EHM The Blue Line
Oct 29, 2005
England
Got it.

Still wish we could tinker with drafts. Do you know if Riz still planned on working on his editor? I know at one point that was something on the table - a built-in editor. Archi of course single handedly keeps us able to tinker with his editor but part of me was thinking just maybe a built-in editor by Riz could unlock a few new items, like editing or adding actual drafts to leagues or unlocking rhe ability to have U-18 and U-17 IIHF junior tournaments.

I think it's still a possibility but not for v1.5. It's a huge task and taking longer than expected. Unlocking u17 and u18 isn't actually an editor restriction but rather a game restriction. My editor allows you to do whatever the game allows, so if a later game patch allows those tournaments, it would be possible in the Editor.

Reactions: BKarchitect

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
I think it's still a possibility but not for v1.5. It's a huge task and taking longer than expected. Unlocking u17 and u18 isn't actually an editor restriction but rather a game restriction. My editor allows you to do whatever the game allows, so if a later game patch allows those tournaments, it would be possible in the Editor.

USHL draft is doable as long as Riz cuts out the time as the framework of the draft is there. It’s now my number one ask.

Reactions: BKarchitect

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3