Eastside Hockey Manager - Part X Patch 1.5 Edition! (April 22nd Open Beta)

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Is it just me, or is the new db / version full of prospects that have low hockey iq and / or decision making stats? I haven't done an extensive look through every prospect every year but the prospects that are highly rated from the scouting reports, they all have low hockey iq and / or decision making. Is this the new norm?

Most of that has been cleaned up for the higher end projected players, we had a flaw in the tool we were using to "fill-in" attributes that didn't raise Anticipation high enough across certain PA ranges.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Is there a way to control all 32 teams for a fantasy draft? I looked through the editors to see if I could change that, but I didn't see anything. I want to draft realistic teams, instead of having 14 NHL dmen and no wingers on a team, for example.

30 human-GMs is hard coded into the game, woudl take quite a bit of work to expand that I believe.

Reactions: 3074326

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
Is there a way to control all 32 teams for a fantasy draft? I looked through the editors to see if I could change that, but I didn't see anything. I want to draft realistic teams, instead of having 14 NHL dmen and no wingers on a team, for example.

sounds realistic for Buffalo, leave them CPU-controlled.

Those goofs had so many defensemen last season they had to play forward

vcanuck

Feb 7, 2011
Hi guys, will there be a post draft roster update or post free agency update? :cool:

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Hi guys, will there be a post draft roster update or post free agency update? :cool:

I think @xECK29x said it'd be either at FA or sometime after.

I'm hoping the roster includes some draft-related player updates, because I looked at a couple of the guys my team drafted today in the current database and their stats/ratings are HORRIBLE. :laugh:

Reactions: vcanuck

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
I think @xECK29x said it'd be either at FA or sometime after.

I'm hoping the roster includes some draft-related player updates, because I looked at a couple of the guys my team drafted today in the current database and their stats/ratings are HORRIBLE. :laugh:

Yea I'm touching them up, you have to remember the placeholder draft I had used is several months old, I have to say they nailed some of the picks though!

Reactions: vcanuck

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Yea I'm touching them up, you have to remember the placeholder draft I had used is several months old, I have to say they nailed some of the picks though!

Oh, for sure! I was more saying that my team went off board a couple of times for guys who didn't even have assessments by Central Scouting... :laugh:

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
what is your team? lol

I think my team got a couple of gems in the late rounds but im biased. :laugh:

Coyotes. We absolutely lucked the hell out in the first round, but after that all the guys I wanted to draft (and have drafted in my previous EHM saves) got passed over for other guys. LOL

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Arizona may be fun as hell to play in the next release, a lot of that dead cap comes off next year and they did very well in this past draft, you could end up with Wright +++ if you play your cards right (or poorly :)) in that first year but upswing quick and fast.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Arizona may be fun as hell to play in the next release, a lot of that dead cap comes off next year and they did very well in this past draft, you could end up with Wright +++ if you play your cards right (or poorly :)) in that first year but upswing quick and fast.

Well, your beta roster has been great to play as the Coyotes - the available free agents allow you to build a playoff contender from the get go (I always sign Hyman, Armia, Savard, Poolman, and Driedger, and that generally provides enough depth to get me to the postseason) and I can always get a lottery pick by getting rid of Kessel and Kuemper. But I do think that the Coyotes' players need some adjustment to reflect their real-life production (Jenik seems to be underrated, Keller is rather significantly overrated, etc.), and once that happens I'll have to do some more wheeling and dealing. :D

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Montreal is going to be interesting with Weber out forever. Price is only out 10-12 weeks so he'll be back for season start. Drouin is supposed to be back too.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Well, your beta roster has been great to play as the Coyotes - the available free agents allow you to build a playoff contender from the get go (I always sign Hyman, Armia, Savard, Poolman, and Driedger, and that generally provides enough depth to get me to the postseason) and I can always get a lottery pick by getting rid of Kessel and Kuemper. But I do think that the Coyotes' players need some adjustment to reflect their real-life production (Jenik seems to be underrated, Keller is rather significantly overrated, etc.), and once that happens I'll have to do some more wheeling and dealing. :D

Yea I won’t have re-rates done until training camp/release of TBL. Going to be most of my time in August.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
v6 of Pivot is now live for Free Agent Frenzy and the start of the 2021-22 season!

Please read the updated description, and change notes on the workshop page!

Known Issues:
- There are a bulk of player histories (mostly in Europe) where playoff games and loans weren't set properly, please report them if you see them so we can fix it.
- There is likely going to be some duplicate entries in career histories for Czech and some US junior seasons, we will clean these up over time, again please report them so we can adjust them.
- The NHL Entry Draft date is different in Olympic years then standard years, this is a known issue and a bug report is currently open with SI Games for it. As it stands in the database today the Draft will happen potentially before the SCF finishes. This has not impacted gameplay but if you have a SCF that goes 7 games things might get a little weird in Olympic years. Please report any game breaking issues!
- Some leagues will be unable to have real-life schedules for this year, please see below for more details.

General Updates:
- Initial release for 2021-22 season, expect frequent (potentially weekly) updates until start of NHL season
- Rosters for almost all playable leagues updated as of this month, more detail work to come throughout the summer
- Updated NHL ELC slides into 2024 and AAVs
- Updated NHL staff
- Updated NHL cap penalties (adjusted dates, added carryover bonus overages) -- thank you Manimal and IamActuallyAnOtter for the help!!
- Updated various club/competition colors and historical names
- Removed Savannah Trashers from ECHL and affiliated Seattle/Palm Springs with Idaho
- Updated lots of award, club name, and player career histories -- thanks Amc74!!
- Updated Slovakia clubs, affiliations, players and staff -- thanks Duce and TomTeki!!
- Updated Slovak 2. Liga and added back league structure -- thanks TomTeki!!
- Updated ~10k players Off/Def role spreads -- thanks Iamli0nrawr for the feedback!!
- Added CA/PA and fixed positions/reputations for thousands of players (mostly juniors) - this should positively impact CHL draft classes and make it much more enjoyable to play any level of juniors
- Updated Nation IIHF scores and finishing places based on WC results -- thanks penguinrevolt!!
- Added Asian Winter Games and Southeast Asian Games as international tournaments -- thanks penguinrevolt!!
- Added GOJHL as playable (still needs 2021-22 schedule and needs an updated playoff format) -- thanks FMFan2014!!
- Updated CHL draft picks
- Added most US/Canadian junior draft classes for 2021
- Removed NIHL league structure as we plan on rebuilding how it works
- Updated Continental Cup teams
- Added official 2021-22 schedules for the following leages -- thanks penguinrevolt for testing/feedback!!:
-- NHL - slightly modified, all road trips and matches are intact (moved games scheduled for 2/23-4/29 to 2/4-2/8 & moved games up to resume on 2/22-4/22)
-- CHL Memorial Cup
-- OHL
-- QMJHL
-- Czech Tipsport/Chance Liga
-- Danish Metal Ligaen
-- ECHL
-- Finnish Liiga/Mestis/Suomi-Sarja
-- French Magnus League
-- KHL - slightly modified (moved games scheduled for 2/23-3/1 to 1/24-1/30)
-- Swedish Hockey League, HockeyAllsvenskan
-- Swiss National League - slightly modified (moved games scheduled for 3/6-3/14 to 1/30-2/7)

The following leagues still need more attention to see if we can get real life schedules working:
- DEL
- J20 Nationell
- Swiss League
- WHL (due to mis-matches of games played for clubs in same division)

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
v6 of Pivot is now live for Free Agent Frenzy and the start of the 2021-22 season!

Please read the updated description, and change notes on the workshop page!

Known Issues:
- There are a bulk of player histories (mostly in Europe) where playoff games and loans weren't set properly, please report them if you see them so we can fix it.
- There is likely going to be some duplicate entries in career histories for Czech and some US junior seasons, we will clean these up over time, again please report them so we can adjust them.
- The NHL Entry Draft date is different in Olympic years then standard years, this is a known issue and a bug report is currently open with SI Games for it. As it stands in the database today the Draft will happen potentially before the SCF finishes. This has not impacted gameplay but if you have a SCF that goes 7 games things might get a little weird in Olympic years. Please report any game breaking issues!
- Some leagues will be unable to have real-life schedules for this year, please see below for more details.

General Updates:
- Initial release for 2021-22 season, expect frequent (potentially weekly) updates until start of NHL season
- Rosters for almost all playable leagues updated as of this month, more detail work to come throughout the summer
- Updated NHL ELC slides into 2024 and AAVs
- Updated NHL staff
- Updated NHL cap penalties (adjusted dates, added carryover bonus overages) -- thank you Manimal and IamActuallyAnOtter for the help!!
- Updated various club/competition colors and historical names
- Removed Savannah Trashers from ECHL and affiliated Seattle/Palm Springs with Idaho
- Updated lots of award, club name, and player career histories -- thanks Amc74!!
- Updated Slovakia clubs, affiliations, players and staff -- thanks Duce and TomTeki!!
- Updated Slovak 2. Liga and added back league structure -- thanks TomTeki!!
- Updated ~10k players Off/Def role spreads -- thanks Iamli0nrawr for the feedback!!
- Added CA/PA and fixed positions/reputations for thousands of players (mostly juniors) - this should positively impact CHL draft classes and make it much more enjoyable to play any level of juniors
- Updated Nation IIHF scores and finishing places based on WC results -- thanks penguinrevolt!!
- Added Asian Winter Games and Southeast Asian Games as international tournaments -- thanks penguinrevolt!!
- Added GOJHL as playable (still needs 2021-22 schedule and needs an updated playoff format) -- thanks FMFan2014!!
- Updated CHL draft picks
- Added most US/Canadian junior draft classes for 2021
- Removed NIHL league structure as we plan on rebuilding how it works
- Updated Continental Cup teams
- Added official 2021-22 schedules for the following leages -- thanks penguinrevolt for testing/feedback!!:
-- NHL - slightly modified, all road trips and matches are intact (moved games scheduled for 2/23-4/29 to 2/4-2/8 & moved games up to resume on 2/22-4/22)
-- CHL Memorial Cup
-- OHL
-- QMJHL
-- Czech Tipsport/Chance Liga
-- Danish Metal Ligaen
-- ECHL
-- Finnish Liiga/Mestis/Suomi-Sarja
-- French Magnus League
-- KHL - slightly modified (moved games scheduled for 2/23-3/1 to 1/24-1/30)
-- Swedish Hockey League, HockeyAllsvenskan
-- Swiss National League - slightly modified (moved games scheduled for 3/6-3/14 to 1/30-2/7)

The following leagues still need more attention to see if we can get real life schedules working:
- DEL
- J20 Nationell
- Swiss League
- WHL (due to mis-matches of games played for clubs in same division)

awesome work!

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Small things:
- Wideman was only rumoured to have signed, nothing official yet (although that could change in a few hours).
- Hudon is UFA as his rights expired when he turned 27.
- Trevor Letowski as assistant coach for Montreal
- Daniel Jacob followed Bouchard to San Diego.

Last edited:

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Small things:
- Wideman was only rumoured to have signed, nothing official yet (although that could change in a few hours).
- Hudon is UFA as his rights expired when he turned 27.
- Trevor Letowski as assistant coach for Montreal
- Daniel Jacob followed Bouchard to San Diego.

I knew I missed Wideman’s placeholder, I’ll patch these in

Edit: patched

Last edited:
Reactions: Treb

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->