Eastside Hockey Manager - Part VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

bashbros32

Jan 12, 2014
Brockville, Ontario
Hey @BKarchitect!

I realize the last download posted is a beta, and maybe this issue is beyond just that link. However I've ran into a very slight bug with awards. Namely the conn smythe. It randomly didnt go awarded 1 year. I finished to 2030-2031 season and every other award was given out. Just not the smythe.

Is this a known bug or just something minor? Not sure if permanent either as I'm not quite finished the next year yet.

ImActuallyAnOtter

Mar 3, 2019
Would be cool if he would share his changelist, I'm really interested in what is going to change in 1.5. Only thing I've heard about is a more diverse PA-rating system.

Here's the stuff I'd really like...

1. Stretching the human GM limit to 32.
2. The -16 to -20 stuff posted previously.
3. The ability to set minimums for specific attributes (like a -7, -8, -9. -13, -14 etc. type approach i.e. setting a -14 for consistency would mean it would always generate between 9 and 16)
4. A boost to the performance of more defensive teams and defensive style players - you should be able to win games and fight for the cup using a defensive system if you have good players for it.
5. Alternately, a nerf to snipers and a general balancing of player roles so that all players can be effective.
5. Ability to GM both a club and nation at the same time - online leagues where you can GM in the NHL and then go to the Olympics or World Cup of Hockey with a nation? Yes please!
6. Addition of player specific training so that players can change their player roles (if their versatility is high enough etc.), or work on certain attributes.
7. A rehash of how 14-20 year olds develop to be more in line with how the modern game is compared to the early 2000's when EHM was first released.

Hope Riz is listening! =]

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Hey @BKarchitect!

I realize the last download posted is a beta, and maybe this issue is beyond just that link. However I've ran into a very slight bug with awards. Namely the conn smythe. It randomly didnt go awarded 1 year. I finished to 2030-2031 season and every other award was given out. Just not the smythe.

Is this a known bug or just something minor? Not sure if permanent either as I'm not quite finished the next year yet.

Never seen it before but can't say that I've inspected that closely - did it end up staying blank?

bashbros32

Jan 12, 2014
Brockville, Ontario
Here is the screenshot.

Awarded properly until 29/30

Nothing for 30/31

Awarded in 31/32

Attachments

• 15725987916925856364087428756566.jpg
    15725987916925856364087428756566.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 9

Daeni10

Kunitz was there
Dec 31, 2013
Cologne
So what do I have to do to get a new job? I feel like its literally impossible to get a somewhat decent job once you have been fired ^^

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
@BKarchitect When you release your 36 team roster set can you post a for morons instructions? IE how to adjust expansion draft, how to adjust cap, how to adjust staff, etc, etc.

For me I want a 36 team NHL where 4 expansions teams have staff and a realistic expansion draft that I design (ie I make the rules and draft all 4 teams myself) and one team with no staff and no players that I can create myself.

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
So what do I have to do to get a new job? I feel like its literally impossible to get a somewhat decent job once you have been fired ^^
It depends on your reputation and number of leagues selected. If you started in NHL (and only have NHL as selected league) you will hardly get new offer because your reputation is still low (assuming you started with default reputation when starting the save). If you have more leagues selected, then you should get offer from AHL or somewhere in Europe. At least that was how it worked in my save(s).

Reactions: Daeni10 and xECK29x

Steve Shutt

Don't Poke the Bear
May 31, 2007
Hoping for some help. I play EHM using playonmac for years. Steam recently updated their interface and for some reason steam loads (on playonmac) with a black screen and no visible text preventing me from loading EHM. Any suggestions for how to fix the issue or an alternative to playonmac?

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Hoping for some help. I play EHM using playonmac for years. Steam recently updated their interface and for some reason steam loads (on playonmac) with a black screen and no visible text preventing me from loading EHM. Any suggestions for how to fix the issue or an alternative to playonmac?

You are likely out of luck until PlayonMac updates it's software

Moses Doughty

Aug 19, 2008

I'm not sure if you can do this on Playonmac but I have the same issue with Crossover rn. Try to open the EHM.exe file rather than Steam itself and the game should open, worked for me

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Version 4.6 Uploaded to Steam:

General Updates:

- Fixed Olympic year offsets, should now be drawing properly -- thanks ImActuallyAnOtter!!
- Fixed World Cup of Hockey start date (every 2 years between comps, skipping Olympic years)
- Various staff updates across the world

NHL/AHL/ECHL Updates:
- Organizational refreshes (players, prospects, staff and other details) - big thanks to caley for his depth charts on HFB!!
-- Carolina Hurricanes/Charlotte Checkers/Greenville Swamp Rabbits (thanks Wreckingcrew for feedback!!)
-- Chicago Blackhawks/Rockford IceHogs/Indy Fuel
-- San Jose Sharks/San Jose Barracuda
-- St. Louis Blues/San Antonio Rampage/Tulsa Oilers (thanks Beauterham for feedback!!)
- Updated various goalie attributes based on testing for both NHL/AHL and prospect goalies -- thanks ImActuallyAnOtter for the research!!

Austrian Updates:
- Removed duplicate EV Vienna Capitals II club
- Removed Erste Bank Young Stars League as human-playable to work on new league structure for 2019-20 season (Erste Bank Young Stars League) - no timetable on a return

Canadian Updates:

- Updated OHL affiliates -- thanks Beauterham!!
- Cleaned up Canadian free agent players/staff, over 820 lines! -- thanks Matee!!
- Updated all players/staff on LNAH -- thanks Matee!!

French Updates:
- Updated Synerglace Ligue Magnus structure and schedules, folded Lyon clubs and updated all players/staff -- thanks Matee!!

German Updates:

- Updated arenas and attendance figures for DEL2 - thanks schmoo83!!

Hungarian Updates:

- Updated Hungarian Junior League to U21 and updated/added clubs
- Updated clubs in U18

Russian Updates:

- Updated all players/staff in VHL and PVHL - over 1,400 updates -- thanks Matee!!
- Updated all players/staff in KHL and club affiliations -- thanks ppaalloo!!

Slovak Updates:

- Updated all players/staff in Tipsport and Slovenská Hokejová Liga and processed a lot of retirements -- thanks ppaalloo!!
- Updated all abbreviations, club names, competition names, colors and affiliations
- Reset all club reputation values to more appropriately place them in the world ranking

Swedish Updates:
- Latest Swedish transactions -- thanks Aahlstroem!!
- Removed affiliation between Malmö and IK Pantern
- Updated career histories for Swedish goaltenders, over 1236 lines!! -- thanks Aahlstroem!!

Ukrainian Updates:

- Updated name of Ukrainian Hockey League as localized name was not proper

United Kingdom Updates:

- Updated player career histories -- thanks Archi!!

Daeni10

Kunitz was there
Dec 31, 2013
Cologne
So I am playing with Köln in the DEL and I'm playing in the finals at the moment. Besides it being during the world championship and extending after April 30th (players contracts are ending April 30th) I encountered a weird bug for the first time. I won the first 4 games yet somehow the series is tied at 2. Has anyone experienced that before?

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
So I am playing with Köln in the DEL and I'm playing in the finals at the moment. Besides it being during the world championship and extending after April 30th (players contracts are ending April 30th) I encountered a weird bug for the first time. I won the first 4 games yet somehow the series is tied at 2. Has anyone experienced that before?

Ill look into the scheduling

Reactions: Daeni10

MasterMatt25

Nov 19, 2014
Montreal
I played as USNDP and I noticed that I can't call-up the players on the U18 and U17 rosters anymore. Before I was able to move them around, but now it says the players on those rosters are no longer contracted to me nor do I own their rights.

This was in xECK's db

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Has anyone analyzed how AI teams pick their captains?
I was just perusing teams a month into my 2019-20 sim, and I noticed Josh Teves is captain of the canucks. He's an AHL d-man IRL, with leadership stat of 0 in Eck's database. And he's on long term IR in the sim lol

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
I played as USNDP and I noticed that I can't call-up the players on the U18 and U17 rosters anymore. Before I was able to move them around, but now it says the players on those rosters are no longer contracted to me nor do I own their rights.

This was in xECK's db

Will have to check it out but I don't recall touching any of the affiliation settings for those leagues. I don't think the USNDTP is going to be really possible to make realistic due to game limitations.

It's in 2022 if that's helpful at all

It does and I'd love to see the playoff tree for that save, feel free to PM me

Reactions: MasterMatt25

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Has anyone analyzed how AI teams pick their captains?
I was just perusing teams a month into my 2019-20 sim, and I noticed Josh Teves is captain of the canucks. He's an AHL d-man IRL, with leadership stat of 0 in Eck's database. And he's on long term IR in the sim lol

0 in the database basically means "random value", so it depends how the RNG spit that and the random Determination value as well.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
0 in the database basically means "random value", so it depends how the RNG spit that and the random Determination value as well.
Oh okay. Do we know which visible stats factor into team captain selections?

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Oh okay. Do we know which visible stats factor into team captain selections?

Influence and Determination would be my guess based on the screen where you pick your own captains in the off-season and it kind of “ranks” them. Influence (ie Leadership) being the primary one.

filip85

Feb 7, 2017

I think it was bug since early access. Don't know why it wasn't fixed in previous four updates. Report this bug at SI Games community in EHM bug thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad