Eastside Hockey Manager - Part VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
reimage repair

If this is the program I'm thinking of its adware/crapware. Most of those "quick fix" PC tools are, especially disk/registry cleaners, all snake oil.

The game is 32 bit and uses a single core and not multi-threaded or optimized in a meaningful way, during periods of intensive shifts from regular season to playoffs or into the offseason the game will become unresponsive and you have to be patient, but it usually doesn't crash or error out. Even on beefy rigs this will happen (unless Riz really re-writes the code base of the game). These periods during the sim are partially self-inflicted due to the amount of detail and realistic league structures we have added into the DB thus the more leagues you select the less stable the game can become.

Lowering your detail level and database size can help with stability.

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
EDIT: Almost 1 year applying to every team possible (even low tier us junior leagues) and I still cant land a job. Should be pretty unrealistic for a top 50 gm in the world (reputation wide) to not land a job at a low tier junior team. Any tips to increase the likelyhood?

Maybe it has something to do with your nationality selected in the game. If you are non USA/CAN and want job there, you need to be in top10 even top5 of GM-s to get hired there. That's how it worked in my game.

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
Just for comparison: I am in 2025 and from the top 50 of the 2021 draft class over half the players have yet to play in a single NHL game. How does that compare to your numbers?

I don't have any active save, all my comparisons are from memory. But I do remember that draft's were pretty bad during my last long term save which were played with previous TBL rosters. I played with SC Bern and were closely watching how first round picks are doing and it was middle sorrow (croatian expression :D).

I will soon start new save (playing Strategic Command WW2 currently and can't stop) and will put reports here.

bashbros32

Jan 12, 2014
Brockville, Ontario
If this is the program I'm thinking of its adware/crapware. Most of those "quick fix" PC tools are, especially disk/registry cleaners, all snake oil.

The game is 32 bit and uses a single core and not multi-threaded or optimized in a meaningful way, during periods of intensive shifts from regular season to playoffs or into the offseason the game will become unresponsive and you have to be patient, but it usually doesn't crash or error out. Even on beefy rigs this will happen (unless Riz really re-writes the code base of the game). These periods during the sim are partially self-inflicted due to the amount of detail and realistic league structures we have added into the DB thus the more leagues you select the less stable the game can become.

Lowering your detail level and database size can help with stability.

Yeah I realize that about the crapware. However like I said I also ran a ram diagnostic and reinstalled driver software. Also ran sfc scan. As I said, everything came back clean. Now about the particular dates I've noticed april 30th and june 27-July 1st are particularly slow due to different free agency periods across the world. However I dont think march 21st is a particularly important date. Also my game has never crashed on these other dates, tonnes of unresponsiveness, never crashed tho.

In regards to selected leagues and database sizes, I usually have the 1st tier leagues from all the major hockey countries: KHL, SHL, LIIGA, CZECH first league, DEL, Swiss league, USHL, NCAA, CHL/MEM cup, AHL, ECHL.

I have disabled all extra staff and players, but retained all teams and have database size set to full. This has been my setup for almost every database since NCAA came around. Is this an issue?

Daeni10

Kunitz was there
Dec 31, 2013
Cologne
Are there other leagues selected in your sim or just NHL? AFAIK you can't get jobs from other leagues unless those leagues were selected at the start of the sim. Then again I barely play the darn game :).

I have quite a lot leagues selected. All the american and canadian ones, most of the european ones. Almost all the leagues tbh, just not all the leagues so it doesnt crash

Daeni10

Kunitz was there
Dec 31, 2013
Cologne
Maybe it has something to do with your nationality selected in the game. If you are non USA/CAN and want job there, you need to be in top10 even top5 of GM-s to get hired there. That's how it worked in my game.

Yeah I am German so thats probably it. Maybe I will just make a new GM that is Canadian ^^

I don't have any active save, all my comparisons are from memory. But I do remember that draft's were pretty bad during my last long term save which were played with previous TBL rosters. I played with SC Bern and were closely watching how first round picks are doing and it was middle sorrow (croatian expression :D).

I will soon start new save (playing Strategic Command WW2 currently and can't stop) and will put reports here.

Haha yeah I am doing the same with all the German players. Had a lot of players drafted (12 in one draft year) and multiple first rounders as well, but yeah kinda depressing to see them haha
This is my first save with the ECK database though, usually had TBL as well.

Also have fun with Strategic Command!

Reactions: pukovnik

bashbros32

Jan 12, 2014
Brockville, Ontario
Yeah I realize that about the crapware. However like I said I also ran a ram diagnostic and reinstalled driver software. Also ran sfc scan. As I said, everything came back clean. Now about the particular dates I've noticed april 30th and june 27-July 1st are particularly slow due to different free agency periods across the world. However I dont think march 21st is a particularly important date. Also my game has never crashed on these other dates, tonnes of unresponsiveness, never crashed tho.

In regards to selected leagues and database sizes, I usually have the 1st tier leagues from all the major hockey countries: KHL, SHL, LIIGA, CZECH first league, DEL, Swiss league, USHL, NCAA, CHL/MEM cup, AHL, ECHL.

I have disabled all extra staff and players, but retained all teams and have database size set to full. This has been my setup for almost every database since NCAA came around. Is this an issue?

Also I'm running a test new file with only nhl selected (disabled all extras, database still full) and started unemployed, to see if this was an issue or if its something else. Will report results when they arrive

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Also I'm running a test new file with only nhl selected (disabled all extras, database still full) and started unemployed, to see if this was an issue or if its something else. Will report results when they arrive

I believe starting unemployed doesn't work, I remember reading something about that on TBL, your starting rep is to low to get any job, maybe you can latch onto one of the C Junior clubs if you enabled those (SIJHL or Eastern Hockey League).

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY

Only suggestion I'd make is not using the Full database, even if you knock that down to Large it greatly improves performance without limiting much detail.

AdamParrot

Mar 10, 2015
I'm two year before 2200.

Season 2199/2200 will be probably my last in that save. I'm waiting for update that amazing last DB by xECK29x.. Well done!

Reactions: xECK29x

AdamParrot

Mar 10, 2015
Mine isn’t beta, it’s good to go! Excited to see how some of the prospects turned out on the 4.5 DB!
Then great! So I will start tomorrow on Saturday new save.

But that save where I will be in 2200 will be legendary forever!

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Mine isn’t beta, it’s good to go! Excited to see how some of the prospects turned out on the 4.5 DB!

4.6 is definitely better goalie draft overload wise. 4.5 you would get several goalies in the 1st round every year and in 4.6 it seems more normal so far. Only in 2021 though in 4.6.

Reactions: xECK29x

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
@xECK29x in your latest roster update (4.6) is something wrong with Belarussian league ? When I select it there are no teams to choose ?

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
I need new motivation. :(

I know you made some players in the future with the same names as NHL legends...have you ever thought about changing names at certain dates/periods to be the same last name but different first as old stars so you can continue a legacy of children and grandchildren etc?

Like I don't even know if Jagr has kids but what if like way in the future instead of repeating Jaromir, you had his like great grandson Jakub Jagr being a star?

That would be kind of fun. Which NHL legend can have the most successful tree of off-spring...

Reactions: AdamParrot

AdamParrot

Mar 10, 2015
I know you made some players in the future with the same names as NHL legends...have you ever thought about changing names at certain dates/periods to be the same last name but different first as old stars so you can continue a legacy of children and grandchildren etc?

Like I don't even know if Jagr has kids but what if like way in the future instead of repeating Jaromir, you had his like great grandson Jakub Jagr being a star?

That would be kind of fun. Which NHL legend can have the most successful tree of off-spring...
Mmm, it's not bad idea.

I'll see.

But I think still that it's time for new save. :D The way to 2200 so f***ing long already, I'm curious if it's not a record between all saves around the world. :huh:

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Mmm, it's not bad idea.

I'll see.

But I think still that it's time for new save. :D The way to 2200 so ****ing long already, I'm curious if it's not a record between all saves around the world. :huh:

You should do it with the new save, then you can more easily establish a family tree. It's too late for your current one.

Which, is, for sure a record in the world, I have no doubts. They should put you in the EHM Hall of Fame!

Reactions: AdamParrot

AdamParrot

Mar 10, 2015
You should do it with the new save, then you can more easily establish a family tree. It's too late for your current one.

Which, is, for sure a record in the world, I have no doubts. They should put you in the EHM Hall of Fame!
I would be really glad and happy!!

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
Mmm, it's not bad idea.

I'll see.

But I think still that it's time for new save. :D The way to 2200 so ****ing long already, I'm curious if it's not a record between all saves around the world. :huh:

I think, im still holding the record :sarcasm::

This was done with the EHM older Version, started i think in 2005/2006 season

upload_2019-11-8_15-17-16.png

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
@xECK29x in your latest roster update (4.6) is something wrong with Belarussian league ? When I select it there are no teams to choose ?

Working here, I've seen this happen sometimes if you try to start a game but then go back to the main menu and reload the DB. You can always try re-downloading the DB by unsubscribing/resubscribing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad