Eastside Hockey Manager - Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
I started a new game in the newest NHL32 (no Quebec), and the limit on roster size that normally applies to the ECHL seems to apply to the AHL now too, so I can't send enough of my NHL players down.

Has anyone else encountered this? It's possible I inadvertently caused it myself somehow. Either way, can I change this in the editor? I looked around a little but don't see where this restriction comes up.

Hmm, yeah that could be an issue, I was messing around with that last time. I took both down to 23 but because the CPU at the AHL and ECHL level will continue to sign their own players, it's causing the logjam you are seeing. It's an easy fix though in the editor...below I've bumped both the ECHL and AHL to 30. Prior, the AHL was 89 (unlimited) and the ECHL a mere 20 (which is why it was so hard to send players down the ECHL).

I'm thinking maybe 30 for both will give some wiggle room - space for you to send players to the AHL from the NHL, space for the AHL CPU GMs (or you as a human) to send AHL players to the ECHL and space for an NHL club to send a few more players down to the ECHL - all without any of the rosters becoming too "bloated" with 50 player rosters where many players that never play. I'll test that but feel free to test on your own for balance as well. To me this isn't about exactly matching real league roster limits but creating a system that allows a more functional farm system.

b9a42c5dfeac70ef204947dd76a06cd5.png

Vincent Lecavalier

Jul 3, 2016
Ile Blizzard
Simulated a bit and got more work done, for once. Thought i'd share how the league is looking at the end of the 2010-2011 season.

IbqQHim.jpg

QtctvDd.jpg
SnW1AVP.jpg

IJtF7EB.jpg

PwwgIVu.jpg

FrKjpgL.jpg

President's Trophy Winners Ottawa Senators really stepped it up with FA signings Tim Thomas (1yr @ 4,6M$ and Nicklas Lidstrom (2 yrs @ 4.9M$)
hhttFRA.jpg

YgF8Aup.jpg
Hedman went 78th to Carolina

7ZDVRVY.jpg
Seguin went 32nd to Colorado

Most paid player in the league is Alexander Ovechkin at 11,550,000$ til 2016, signed it in 2010 with the Capitals.

Nicklas Lidstrom has won the last two Norris already(!), putting him at 9. And with his 65pts and 63+/- he's got a good chance to win it.

SCF winners
2009-10 Rangers over Sharks, Rangers also won the President Trophy with 117 pts
2009-09 Bruins over Blackhawks, Red Wings won the President Trophy with 126 pts

tIFAtDV.jpg

I don't think i'll simulate any more ahead, not feeling too confident about how the upcoming drafts are shaped up and i overlooked reputation for a great deal of theses future draftees. And do need to put some of the youngest prospects in game to teams. Otherwise they tend to disappear. If there's anyone or anything you guys want to see in this save, just ask.

The one issue i've got is the cap and salaries. The salaries are in their real life 2008-09 numbers but the salary cap is in it's 2015-16 state. I've put it like that so teams wouldn't be stuck with not enough cap space and have a bunch of players sitting in FA or Europe. But now i've got the issue of some teams not spending enough to hit the cap floor until like year 5 or 6 into the simulation. But then again, i don't how i feel to lower the cap floor to 40M and have teams eternally stuck in misery.

So for the moment, i figure using EHM assistant and changing the cap every year would be ideal, until dynamic cap is implemented in game or can be precised year-by-year in config.

Reactions: xECK29x

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
Simulated a bit and got more work done, for once. Thought i'd share how the league is looking at the end of the 2010-2011 season.

IbqQHim.jpg

QtctvDd.jpg
SnW1AVP.jpg

IJtF7EB.jpg

PwwgIVu.jpg

FrKjpgL.jpg

President's Trophy Winners Ottawa Senators really stepped it up with FA signings Tim Thomas (1yr @ 4,6M$ and Nicklas Lidstrom (2 yrs @ 4.9M$)
hhttFRA.jpg

YgF8Aup.jpg
Hedman went 78th to Carolina

7ZDVRVY.jpg
Seguin went 32nd to Colorado

Most paid player in the league is Alexander Ovechkin at 11,550,000$ til 2016, signed it in 2010 with the Capitals.

Nicklas Lidstrom has won the last two Norris already(!), putting him at 9. And with his 65pts and 63+/- he's got a good chance to win it.

SCF winners
2009-10 Rangers over Sharks, Rangers also won the President Trophy with 117 pts
2009-09 Bruins over Blackhawks, Red Wings won the President Trophy with 126 pts

tIFAtDV.jpg

I don't think i'll simulate any more ahead, not feeling too confident about how the upcoming drafts are shaped up and i overlooked reputation for a great deal of theses future draftees. And do need to put some of the youngest prospects in game to teams. Otherwise they tend to disappear. If there's anyone or anything you guys want to see in this save, just ask.

The one issue i've got is the cap and salaries. The salaries are in their real life 2008-09 numbers but the salary cap is in it's 2015-16 state. I've put it like that so teams wouldn't be stuck with not enough cap space and have a bunch of players sitting in FA or Europe. But now i've got the issue of some teams not spending enough to hit the cap floor until like year 5 or 6 into the simulation. But then again, i don't how i feel to lower the cap floor to 40M and have teams eternally stuck in misery.

So for the moment, i figure using EHM assistant and changing the cap every year would be ideal, until dynamic cap is implemented in game or can be precised year-by-year in config.

Chara only 5 goals, but more than 500 hits. Nice.

Reactions: BKarchitect

Plair

Feb 27, 2012
Any plans on updating the staff in Finnish Liiga or SEL for example? Those are almost 2 years outdated.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
this is for ECK, I'm using your rosters and I'm noticing instead of the teams saying Maple Leafs or Canadiens in the standings, it says Montreal and Toronto. how do i change it back to Maple Leafs and Canadiens?

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
this is for ECK, I'm using your rosters and I'm noticing instead of the teams saying Maple Leafs or Canadiens in the standings, it says Montreal and Toronto. how do i change it back to Maple Leafs and Canadiens?

I changed them to make them more in-line with the rest of the teams when viewing player career histories, just my personal choice. It's an easy fix. Just open the DB up in the Editor and change the 'Short Name' of the Club.

Reactions: francis246

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
I changed them to make them more in-line with the rest of the teams when viewing player career histories, just my personal choice. It's an easy fix. Just open the DB up in the Editor and change the 'Short Name' of the Club.

thank you!

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Big update:

Steam: Steam Workshop :: [2018-19] xECK29x's Premier Pivot Rosters (v3.7)
Non-Steam: Dropbox - xECK29x-Rosters-v3.7.zip

3.7 Update Changelog:

General Updates:
- NHL transactions updated as of 9/23, will begin overhaul of NHL/AHL/ECHL rosters after SHL/KHL updates
- Lowered club reputations for teams in Greater Metro Hockey League to reduce quality of league.
- Lowered club reputations for teams in: Asia League, Deutsche Eishockey Liga 2, Norwegian GET Ligaen, Polish Elite, Polish First and Kazakhstan Championship to make them less enticing for NHL/AHL free agents. If you spot weird player movement let me know.
- Updated KHL, Germany and Switzerland financial info and wage limits
- Updated OHL club hisotories (thanks ESHMfan01!)
- Added player career histories for several players on Blainville (QMJHL) (thanks Trajan!)
- Added Arosa Challenge Cup (thanks BKArchitect)
- Leagues Made Human-Playable:
-- National Collegiate Development Conference (thanks BKArchitect)

Database Optimization:
- Updated transfer rules for several leagues/nations (thanks BKArchitect)
- Removed the following leagues from being human playable, this will help optimize the DB and reduce potential crashes. Also I have no plans to keep these leagues updated outside of copying from TBL once a year. More lower-tier leagues may be removed in the future:

**** THIS DOES NOT MEAN THESE LEAGUES ARE REMOVED FROM THE DATABASE JUST NO LONGER HUMAN-PLAYABLE ***

** Asia League Ice Hockey
** Belarus Cup, Belarus Hockey League, Belarus Vysshaya League
** BeNeLiga
** Erste Liga
** Estonian Hockey League
** French Magnus League, French National League 1
** Kazakhstan Championship
** Lithuania Hockey League
** Optibet hokeja liga
** Polish Elite League
** Slovenian Elite League
** Tiroler Eliteliga
** Ukraine League

*** Swedish HockeyAllsvenskan has been removed as well, however this will be added back soon. I am troubleshooting continuing scheduling issues with this league resulting in crashes.

KHL Overhaul:
- Added salary cap and luxary tax
- Salavat Yulaev Ufa (club history, affiliates, staff and players)
- Severstal Cherepovets (club history, arena, affiliates, staff and players)
- Sibir Novosibirsk Oblast (club history, arena, colors, affiliates, staff and players)
- *SKA Saint-Petersburg (colors, arena, affiliates, staff and players)
-- * Currently experiencing a bug where I am having issues adding club history. Will update this when I can

SHL Overhaul:
- Removed club spending restrictions to let ownership dictate club spending based on revenue, resources and determination to succeed. Make sure you play with 'Add Key Staff' for this to really be effective.
- Lulea J18/20
- Mora IK inc. J18/20

Quebec focused updates:
- Added league transfer rules (including ability to use Player Rights) for:
-- Ligue de Hockey Sénior AAA du Québec
-- Ligue de Hockey Junior AAA du Québec
- Updated LNAH player rights

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
*** Swedish HockeyAllsvenskan has been removed as well, however this will be added back soon. I am troubleshooting continuing scheduling issues with this league resulting in crashes.

thanks for that! Could their schedule just be pushed farther into the year? Or is it still something with the promotion process?

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
thanks for that! Could their schedule just be pushed farther into the year? Or is it still something with the promotion process?

I'm actually trying to duplicate BKs structures. However I was running into an error I've never seen before related to competition dates not being found at the GM creation screen. Even with a randomized or hard set schedule the league would not be able to determine competition dates. Will continue to troubleshoot it but the issue of making sure the dates line up is entirely fixable once we determine the best dates to use.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Been playing the 98 roster database as the Mighty Ducks. Been terribly annoying that I can't seem to acquire Giguere from Calgary. Selanne left on his own in 2000 and no matter how many studs I draft, I can't seem to ice a playoff team.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Is there a way to alter the starting month in any of the configs or database editor?

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Is there a way to alter the starting month in any of the configs or database editor?

It may have to do with the draw or schedule dates, I believe when the league is scheduled to start those dates are auto-calculated. However I just ran into an issue with this while editing the Swedish Leagues, it set my start date for Sweden to November 2017 and would crash, I had to restore the database from backup in order to get around that.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
NHL36/32 v7.4 Update

Update Info:

Focus on this update was not the cleaning up and addition of more European leagues but rather getting the CHL (OHL, WHL, QMJHL), the USHL and NCAA updated for the 2018-19 season and beyond. v7.3 was already fairly well updated but this release of v7.4 includes completely updated and re-rated CHL roster with a couple hundred new rookies and full opening week rosters as of this release. Every USHL team has been updated for their 2018-19 start of season with full rosters, including approximately a hundred new players. All NCAA leagues have been updated with their actual 2018-19 rosters and commits who aren't in college this fall have been re-classified to future classes. Canadian Junior A teams and USA Tier II junior teams weren't specifically updated but there was a trickle-down effect from the CHL/USHL/NCAA so those leagues have also seen an influx of new players and updates.

With the CHL update comes some rule tweaks to bump the roster limits back up and more importantly, all CHL teams now have an affiliated farm team either in Junior B or (a few cases in the OHL), Junior A hockey. Actual full-time affiliations are not really the same in juniors as in the pros aside from a few cases - so where possible I used real affiliations but outside of that, the affiliated clubs are based on geographical regions and proximity. It will be quite useful though to be assured of having a place to assign players no matter who you control in the CHL though.

NHL ratings and injuries have continued to be tweaked as we head towards opening night rosters and as always, real-time tweaks of prospects through the 2022 draft with weekly input from performances. Plus as usual, transfer for major leagues around the globe and fixed the roster limits in the CHL and AHL/ECHL.

A few team brand/graphical updates this release as well so make sure to grab the logos files...for example the Orangeville Flyers are now the Cambridge Redhawks. Avangard Omsk in the KHL has been updated with new logo/branding. And the entire GOJHL (Junior B in Ottawa) has been unpacked and updated as many of those clubs serve as affiliates for OHL teams. Junior B clubs in Western and Eastern Canada remain "packed" as individual teams serving as representation for their respective leagues.

Thanks!

As always, much credit to dani9 for his logo superpack (while I have added a multitude of logos - many are also just re-named to work with my databases) and to the TBL crew as I used their extended European league models as a check to get my versions of some of the leagues above to be playable.

DOWNLOAD NHL36 DATABASES HERE:
Version 7.4 - Original NHL36 Expansion (September 29, 2018)
Dropbox - NHL36 - Original v7.4.zip
Version 7.4 - NHL36 "Great North" (September 29, 2018)
Dropbox - NHL36 - Great North v7.4.zip
Version 7.4 - NHL36 "City Lights" (September 29, 2018)
Dropbox - NHL36 - City Lights v7.4.zip
Version 7.4 - NHL36 "Wild West" (September 29, 2018)
Dropbox - NHL36 - Wild West v7.4.zip

DOWNLOAD NHL32 DATABASE HERE:
Version 7.4 - NHL32 Seattle (September 29, 2018)
Dropbox - NHL32 - Seattle v7.4.zip
Version 7.4 - NHL32 SeattleQuebec (September 29, 2018)
Dropbox - NHL32 - SeattleQuebec v7.4.zip

DOWNLOAD NHL36/32 GRAPHICS HERE:
Here are the NHL36/32 logos with the complete Russia/Sweden/Finland updates - remember download Dani9's latest logopack FIRST and then add/overwrite this set to complete the NHL36/32 logos
Dropbox - NHL36 Logos v7.4.zip

Make sure you have dani9’s latest logo superpack installed FIRST, overwriting when asked when installing the NHL36/32 logopack extensions…he has both a clubs superpack and international superpack
EHM The Blue Line - Login
EHM The Blue Line - Login

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
V7.4 Screens:

Full 2018-19 rosters for ALL OHL/WHL/QMJHL/USHL teams!

9e2eac20f184560b4446804d16866d35.jpg

Play juniors with full depth charts at your disposal - you can even try to convince some of your NCAA-committed draftees to play juniors...no guarantees though!

5b6212f4c0f05433700627383e8b5879.jpg

Craft full tactics with all real players, no need for CPU-generated fake filler players at the start

34235d10dd8ffa2804ce39207611428b.jpg

Full rosters = better game results...hundreds of new players, all rated, defined and with real DOB and birthplaces

4af42af257b2979441683c3e6615fafc.jpg

Continued graphical tweaks for a smooth and updated experience!

930c407ee623a0bc99c00466c5ef25e5.jpg

GOJHL unpacked and updated to bring it inline with Junior A leagues (technically it is Junior B but a major feeder for the OHL

7312829aa7fe65c3be8c7b31ee0d9cbd.png

167302ad8306f86c46227c2e31087aff.png

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Well the big difference is that NHL36 is a fantasy setup of the NHL, AHL and ECHL with theoretical expansion teams.

Otherwise we are working on separate paths but we share our DB info so there is some cross over. I tend to cut down the number of leagues whereas xECK is still going to have a bigger array of levels like TBL. I also have some plans for some fantasy cross-over tournaments for CHL-NCAA and a Memorial-Cup style tournament for European junior clubs (work in progress).

If you want a real, true to life experience - I’d point you to xECK (or the TBL update when it comes out). I tend to blur some rules, beef up my top prospect ratings a ton and of course play around with league structures. Players, teams (other than expansion clubs) and ratings are all grounded in reality but it’s just a different experience especially at the NHL level. And I’ve culled or deleted lots of lower level teams and competitions.

TBL - Broadest array of updated leagues and researchers for specific countries. It’s the gold standard for a default EHM database. But it takes then time and the 18-19 version is not out yet. And it’s a start of season database only (at least in the past).

XECK - A top notch, constantly updated real life database. Tons of work put into it with constant transaction and league updates for the 18-19 season. If you are a looking for a real NHL experience, there is none better right now. And when I see constantly updated - we are talking about even small things like club and league histories and such. Very detail oriented. Always getting better.

NHL36/32 - A fantasy database firmly grounded in reality that is also constantly updated. It can serve as a real database for leagues other than the NHL/AHL/ECHL but the intent is to offer a bit of a different experience.

Last edited:

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
A silly question with the BK updates, are he updates pushed through Steam itself, or do you have to manually download the database?

It’s all through Steam and the actual game environment, unless you’re using the Editor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad