Eastside Hockey Manager - Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
This week, and it's a big update. Will produce a logo pack as well based off of Dani9 and BKs work.

Is the 2000s Penguins black and "vegas gold" logo hard-coded into the game? Despite having updated logo packs installed, in the main Penguins screen it's still displays the older logo, but the updated one shows everywhere else.

Last edited:

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Is the 2000s Penguins black and "vegas gold" logo hard-coded into the game? Despite having updated logo packs installed, in the main Penguins screen it's still displays the older logo, but the updated one shows everywhere else.

I'll check I still have to spot check a lot of logos and create some of my own for the USPHL and some other leagues I added.

Perceptor

World Class
Mar 19, 2012
Calgary, AB
Thanks for the update. Are you going to re rate some players? Example - Kasperi Kapanen’s speed seems a tad low. Thanks again. Love the updates

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Thanks for the update. Are you going to re rate some players? Example - Kasperi Kapanen’s speed seems a tad low. Thanks again. Love the updates

Yes everyone is getting re-rated, but this isn't a deep update that will come more long term. I just want to make sure I have a solid foundation for the rest of the year.

Reactions: Perceptor

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Big update - v3.8

Steam: Steam Workshop :: [2018-19] xECK29x's Premier Pivot Rosters (v3.8)
Non-Steam: Dropbox - xECK29x-Rosters-v3.8.zip

Logo Pack:
Steam: Steam Workshop :: Logo Pack for xECK29x's Premier Pivot Rosters (by Dani9 + BKArchitect)
Non-Steam: Dropbox - xECK29x-LogoPackv1.zip

General Updates:
- Logo pack released! All credit to Dani9 + BKArchitect I just changed some file names and made copies of logos!
-- Steam Workshop :: Logo Pack for xECK29x's Premier Pivot Rosters (by Dani9 + BKArchitect)
- NHL/AHL rosters and staffs updated, all transactions including suspensions and majors injuries added/updated. I will begin to really comb through these organizations later in the month to update finer details and prospects
- Reset all NHL/AHL player & staff reputations to align with CA, I'm really interested to see how this improves the sim
-- Also no more useless scouts
-- EliteProspects still has not updated heights and weights and complete staff entires, also need to update some contract lengths
- Added several recent WHL and OHL trades
- Changed Mark Messier Leadership award criteria to make it less redundent to the King Clancy.
- Fixed Swedish HockeyAllsvenskan and added back as human playable (needs long term testing!)
- Updated AHL attendance numbers
- Updated rivals for NHL & AHL clubs
- Updated NHL & AHL retired numbers
- Updated colors for Manchester Monarchs
- Added Chairman and Presidents to AHL teams (where listed)
- Updated Alberta Major Bantam Hockey League (AMBHL) teams and divisions
- Added 115 WHL Bantam drafted players from 2018 draft class (thanks Gard!)
- Added Orlando Solar Bears as affiliate for Tampa Bay/Syracuse

KHL Overhaul:
- Spartak Moskva (arena, colors, staff & players)
- Torpedo Nizhny Novgorod (colors, affiliates, staff & players)
- Traktor Chelyabinsk (colors, affiliates, staff & players)
- Vityaz Podolsk (colors, affiliates, staff & players)

SHL Overhaul:
- Fixed SHL scheduling issue, game counts and playoffs should be proper now!
- Örebro HK incl. J18/20 (staff & players)
- Rögle BK incl. J18/20 (colors, staff & players)
- Skellefteå AIK incl. J18/20 (staff & players)
- Timrå IK incl. J18/20 (colors, staff & players)
- Växjö Lakers Hockey incl. J18/20 (staff & players)

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Nice @xECK29x !

Contemplating turning NHL36 into a two-level NHL with relegation and promotion. This database has always been a "lab" for experimentation so this would be the next evolution.

NHL: 32 Teams - Seattle would start as #32 and the league setup would be similar to the base NHL32 database I update.

NHL2: 32 Teams - Would basically be the AHL re-branded, with my other NHL36 franchises (Kansas City, Houston, Portland, Quebec, Toronto Toros, Montreal Maroons, Halifax, Hartford, Saskatchewan) starting in this league along with the top AHL franchises. I might even sneak an international team or two in there, perhaps London to start.

Promotion/Relegation would be via playoff between the bottom of each of the four NHL divisions versus the winner of each of the AHL divisions (if I can get this to work with the editor options). I like this format because it would keep the regional aspect of the divisions intact (Atlantic, Metro, Central, Pacific) no matter who gets promoted or relegated. This means in NHL2, the regular season is basically everything...there would still be a Cup playoff but it would not mean anything in so far as promotion/relegation is concerned.

AHL: 32 Teams - Basically takes over as the ECHL as the third tier and is a combination of lesser AHL clubs, ECHL clubs and SPHL clubs. There is no promotion from this league. The purpose of the league would be to serve as the farm league for both divisions of the NHL. Because I don't want there to be a chance of a farm team being at the same level as the main team, each NHL and NHL2 team will feed into a single AHL club as a farm club. There will be no affiliations between NHL and NHL2 clubs.

I love promotion and relegation as a concept and as a challenge and I think letting an EHM player turning say the Hershey Bears into a Stanley Cup dynasty would rank as a pretty exciting and difficult challenge.

I'd probably keep the standard NHL32 Seattle database updated as well because that's been a popular one since it is likely to happen IRL. But this new version of NHL36 with promotion and relegation would likely replace all the varieties of NHL36 I maintain right now as it would be too time consuming to do both and the league structures will be completely different.

Would a database like this appeal to anybody else?

Last edited:

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Nice @xECK29x !

Contemplating turning NHL36 into a two-level NHL with relegation and promotion. This database has always been a "lab" for experimentation so this would be the next evolution.

NHL: 32 Teams - Seattle would start as #32 and the league setup would be similar to the base NHL32 database I update.

NHL2: 32 Teams - Would basically be the AHL re-branded, with my other NHL36 franchises (Kansas City, Houston, Portland, Quebec, Toronto Toros, Montreal Maroons, Halifax, Hartford, Saskatchewan) starting in this league along with the top AHL franchises. I might even sneak an international team or two in there, perhaps London to start.

Promotion/Relegation would be via playoff between the bottom of each of the four NHL divisions versus the winner of each of the AHL divisions (if I can get this to work with the editor options). I like this format because it would keep the regional aspect of the divisions intact (Atlantic, Metro, Central, Pacific) no matter who gets promoted or relegated. This means in NHL2, the regular season is basically everything...there would still be a Cup playoff but it would not mean anything in so far as promotion/relegation is concerned.

AHL: 32 Teams - Basically takes over as the ECHL as the third tier and is a combination of lesser AHL clubs, ECHL clubs and SPHL clubs. There is no promotion from this league. The purpose of the league would be to serve as the farm league for both divisions of the NHL. Because I don't want there to be a chance of a farm team being at the same level as the main team, each NHL and NHL2 team will feed into a single AHL club as a farm club. There will be no affiliations between NHL and NHL2 clubs.

I love promotion and relegation as a concept and as a challenge and I think letting an EHM player turning say the Hershey Bears into a Stanley Cup dynasty would rank as a pretty exciting and difficult challenge.

I'd probably keep the standard NHL32 Seattle database updated as well because that's been a popular one since it is likely to happen IRL. But this new version of NHL36 with promotion and relegation would likely replace all the varieties of NHL36 I maintain right now as it would be too time consuming to do both and the league structures will be completely different.

Would a database like this appeal to anybody else?

I've been saying the Sens should be regulated for a while now ;)

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
I had this game years ago, tried to get it again, but when I try to run it it tells me "unable to initialise sound-please ensure DirectX has been installed correctly"... any idea how I can fix that?

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
I had this game years ago, tried to get it again, but when I try to run it it tells me "unable to initialise sound-please ensure DirectX has been installed correctly"... any idea how I can fix that?

Try installing the DirectX package that comes with the game:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Eastside Hockey Manager\_CommonRedist\DirectX\Jun2010 (assuming you install Steam into the default directory on C:\)

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Rookies seem bugged (Hischier, Keller etc. are rookies)
You missed 3.4M*4 years deal for Byron from back in September.

That's a game bug, not a DB issue. Rookie calculations are proper after the first year. The extension was in but there was a typo, will push a small update now.

Nilsaf

Oct 22, 2013
Sweden
I can't be the only one having this problem with xECK29x latest rosters when choosing the OHL?
I do appreciate the work though xECK29x keep it up :thumbu:

Attachments

• Skärmbild (166).png
    Skärmbild (166).png
    210.7 KB · Views: 10

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Crap...looks like the promotion/relegation NHL concept isn't going to work. The NHL has some specific hard-coded rules and the entire draft system causes an error as well. I was able to get teams to promote/demote but they wouldn't schedule properly and the fact is when the worst team in the league drafts Jack Hughes at #1 overall and a few weeks later are demoted, that pick can now walk as a free agent.

So my next concept which should be very "do-able" is to bring back the WHA and populate it with the expansion teams and a bunch of entirely new clubs in major markets and regions that are missing top-flight hockey. I'd position the WHA's reputation and finances just a shade under the NHL's - but enough hopefully that WHA teams could legit compete for NHL-level talent like back in the 70's.

The other thing I could do with the WHA is really play around with the rules...the WHA back in the day was something of a rebel league and I'd like to position the new version in the same manner. Maybe use the larger IIHF rinks to attract more European talent and open up space, use a 3-point system for wins, count shootout goals in a player's stats, etc.

I cannot add a WHA draft because drafts are hard-coded, which is a bummer. But I could change the minimum age for the league from 18 to say 17 or even 16 to try and see if teams may be able to sign top level phenoms like Hughes of Kakko or Lafreniere before they are selected in the NHL draft. And lift the limit on the entry level contract salary. So in theory, the WHA's Houston Aeros could sign Lafreniere this season to a big money 3-year deal and he could be playing professionally right now. When the 2020 draft rolls around, he could still be taken with the first pick in the NHL draft but that team would now have to potentially fend off his WHA team for his services and would still be limited to an NHL-standard entry level offer. Thus it would be up to the player whether to stick in the WHA for money or jump to the NHL because it is still the world's preeminent league.

This is all theory of course until I start testing but I actually think this could be quite interesting...

blog-0374054001429219711.jpg.ecd8dc92fb784defc7c91c6d54b30460.jpg

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
I can't be the only one having this problem with xECK29x latest rosters when choosing the OHL?
I do appreciate the work though xECK29x keep it up :thumbu:

Yes, I'm not sure where this creeped up from as I haven't touched this league. I fixed it and patched the Steam version. You should no longer get this error.

frisland

Apr 9, 2003
I havent played EHM recently and havent been keeping up with the edits - i've been tried FHM4 again, still uphappy with its interface.

So simple question --- is v 3.8 a 32 team NHL/AHL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad