Eastside Hockey Manager - Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Would love to know what crashes you experience if you can throw me a PM or hit me up on Steam. Happy to troubleshoot.

Next release squashes a few bugs, doing some long-term testing right now.

Only crashes I get are when I enable more leagues (even at View-Only), like SHL, DEL, etc. along with the US/Canadian leagues. I don't know if there's a set threshold of number of leagues before it starts crashing - I haven't really tested it.

I have noticed a few duplicate players in the database - I don't know if there's an easy way to pare those out using the DB editor, though.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Only crashes I get are when I enable more leagues (even at View-Only), like SHL, DEL, etc. along with the US/Canadian leagues. I don't know if there's a set threshold of number of leagues before it starts crashing - I haven't really tested it.

I have noticed a few duplicate players in the database - I don't know if there's an easy way to pare those out using the DB editor, though.

Yea it's generally not a good practice to enable everything, but I wonder if we can narrow it down to a specific league. The LNAH is being removed as human-playable in the update this weekend due to stability issues (also it's really not an important league anymore).

The duplicates will get ironed out, that was due to an unfortunate issue I had last year where I had to rebuild the entire DB. When I did an initial import of my data it did result in some duplicates, send these over to me when you discover them.

Reactions: GarbageGoal

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
3.6 is now live, please see the change notes for what's included. Thanks to everyone who provided feedback, help or reported bugs! I am very proud of this update as I have learned a lot about league structures and scheduling. I plan on adding more human-playable leagues later this year!

Thanks to MrGeeky, BKarchitect, ESHMfan01 and Shanster925 for the contributions!

What to expect for the rest of September:
- Finish KHL updates
- Finish SHL updates
- Begin OHL/Liiga overhauls
- Begin NHL/AHL/ECHL updates

Steam: Steam Workshop :: [2018-19] xECK29x's Premier Pivot Rosters (v3.6)
Non-Steam: Dropbox - xECK29x-Rosters-v3.6.zip

Update Includes:
- Rebuilt SHL, SuperElit, HockeyAllsvenskan and HockeyEttan based on BKarchitect's league rules and structure, should fix numerous issues
-- Removed HockeyEttan as human playable in case of possible conflicts with BKarchitect's structure
- Updated Comp Rules for Canadian Hockey League Memorial Cup
- Renamed European Championship Cup to Champions Hockey League and added history and award names - this is working properly every year
- Fixed scheduling issues and league structures/ruling bodies for the following International tournaments (thanks BKarchitect!) - these are now all working properly:
-- Olympics (all stages)
-- World Cup
- Updated history of several international championships
- Updated Linkoping including U20, added J18 standout players
- Updated Lulea (main club only)
- Updated some cities to their localized spellings (such as Praha for Prague and Moskva for Moscow)
- Updated Toronto Maple Leafs/Marlies staff
- Updated SHL club records (only the last few years, thanks ESHMfan01!)
- Updated SHL and HockeyAllsvenskan Media Expected Positions
- Made FHL teams Semi-Professional and removed league from being human-playable.
- Added 2017 statistics for 150+ NHL/AHL players and NHL prospects (thanks Shanster925!)
- Updated club histories for WHL teams (thanks ESHMfan01!)

KHL Overhaul:
- Updated KHL points system
- Updated KHL game count
- Updated KHL and VHL league structures
- Updated KHL attendance numbers
- Updated KHL and VHL league reputations
- Fixed KHL scheduling bug
- Started updates of KHL teams (not updating player career histories yet - could use help here!)
-- Admiral (club history, staff, players and affiliations)
-- Ak Bars (club history, staff and players)
-- Amur (club history, staff and players)
-- Avangard (club history, staff, players and affiliations)
-- Barys (club history, staff, team colors and players)
-- CSKA (club history, arena, staff and players)
-- Dinamo Minsk (club history, staff and players)
-- Dinamo Riga (club history, arena, staff, players and affiliations)
-- HC Slovan Bratislava (club history, arena, staff, players and affiliations)
-- Helsingin Jokerit (club history, staff and players)

Quebec Updates:
- Added Ligue de Hockey Sénior AAA du Québec (LHSAAAQ)
- Updates made across QMJHL and AAA Junior and Midget
- Retired LHSAM and LHBFF
- Added Ligue de Hockey Sénior du Richelieu (LHSR)
- Updated LNAH (added Berlin, removed Laval and Trois-Rivieres). League is no longer considered professional, and is no longer human-playable. Updated staff of teams and lowered team reputations.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
It would just be to add more ‘value’ to the database.

I’ve stricitly played NHL, but are high schools even playable? I don’t know how it would work, considering I feel like a youth intake should happen like Football Manager.

Yes they are there across all three major DBs though BK boils all of US-HS hockey into a single bucket. They are not human playable and mostly act as filler teams but have high enough reps where they do produce talent regularly each year. You can view them from the ‘World’ tab if you pivot into North America.

In my DB there are separate US-HS hockey competitions for each state. Minnesota also has an Elite HS Hockey league but the game doesn’t treat it much differently.

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
Yes they are there across all three major DBs though BK boils all of US-HS hockey into a single bucket. They are not human playable and mostly act as filler teams but have high enough reps where they do produce talent regularly each year. You can view them from the ‘World’ tab if you pivot into North America.

In my DB there are separate US-HS hockey competitions for each state. Minnesota also has an Elite HS Hockey league but the game doesn’t treat it much differently.

I see, that’s cool! It’s still really nice seeing a player make it from some small school and go all the way up to the NHL

When does TBL post?

I think they post before the season opener or a little while afterwords

Reactions: xECK29x

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
v.3.6.1:

Steam: Steam Workshop :: [2018-19] xECK29x's Premier Pivot Rosters (v3.6.1)
Non-Steam: Dropbox - xECK29x-Rosters-v3.6.1.zip

- Added recent major NHL trades, signings and injuries
- Added Nate Schmidt and Austin Watson suspensions
-- Schmidt will have a suspension for "Violent Behavior", while the extra_config.conf configuration file supports suspensions for substance abuse it does not appear to work in-game
- Updated affiliates for Lada Togliatti and Yugra Khanty-Mansiysk
- Added Moscow Student Hockey League (MSHL1)
- Updated salary cap numbers and weekly wage minimums for ECHL

KHL Overhaul:
- Kunlun Red Star (club history, affiliates, arena, staff and players)
- Lokomotiv Yaroslavl (club history, affiliates, arena, staff and players)
- Metallurg Magnitogorsk (club history, affiliates, staff and players)
- Neftekhimik Nizhnekamsk (club history, affiliates, arena, staff and players)

Reactions: MasterMatt25

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
NHL36/32 v7.3 Update
Update: Fixed ZIP files so that various versions of DB download correctly instead of all being the NHL36 Original (2:40PM CST)

Typical update stuff:
- Transfers across North America and major European leagues including juniors and future NCAA commits and contract extensions. Includes the Pacioretty and McQuaid deals and Seguin and Wheeler extensions and Zetterberg retirement. Plus, young player bumps from rookie camps…guys like Dillon Dube who look like surefire bets to make their NHL rosters this season. Also Brisebois taking over Yzerman in Tampa. Brampton as the Sens’ ECHL affiliate, etc, etc.

- Continued prospect addition and refining. Bunch of new top 2004-born Quebec prospects in this release and some extra young Finns. Look out for 2003-born Joshua Roy as well, he’s looking amazing IRL. Also, have begun the process of cleaning up NCAA and CHL rosters based on official 18-19 rosters (NCAA) and pre-season camps (CHL). These of course will remain in flux for a bit longer, but tons of NCAA commits have been re-classified and added back in as future commits for 2019.

- Expansion Draft import files are still included with every NHL36 & NHL32 database variant, so you can jump start or customize your own expansion team experience.

***Expansion Draft Update***
All v7.3 databases come with a slightly tweaked expansion draft. The structure of the draft has always kept players who have changed clubs this off-season with their new real club. So guys like Tatar, Tierney, Balcers have been replaced in the expansion draft so that they can suit up for their real life new clubs. This has resulted in some slight roster shifts for all the expansion teams.

***European Leagues Update***
As started with v7.2, I’ve begun overhauling European leagues to streamline the game - less leagues and teams but more updated with complete update to graphics and look (all club colors and logos for 18-19). V7.2 started with the big boys in Russia, Sweden and Finland…this v7.3 update concentrates on Central Europe. Clubs who appear in multiple leagues are simply placed in the highest league as some of the better leagues are multi-national in make-up.

ALL TEAM NAMES, COLORS & LOGOS (with logopack addition below) updated for all the leagues listed (and from previous updates) for 2018-19.

Also, I have adjusted all European leagues (and North American juniors/NCAA) to have slightly stricter roster rules…instead of being able to carry unlimited players, there are now caps on roster and contract limits, similar to the NHL and KHL. I feel in test sims this leads to less “hoarding” by certain clubs and better distribution and more movement of players. Let me know what you think.

- FINLAND UPDATE: I did update Finland to introduce promotion/demotion from Liiga to Mestis. I know this isn’t true to real life but I like the variety promotion and demotion add to the game. Structurally, there is now a relegation league at the end of the Liiga season, with the bottom 2 Liiga placers and the winners of the Mestis playoff semi-finals.
- CHAMPIONS HOCKEY LEAGUE: CHL teams (CHL licenses) updated for the 2018-19 season. Since EHM uses the old format (48 teams and not 32 – this can’t be edited), the extra 16 teams are based on the additional national entries from the old 48 team format – based on the next highest placed league/playoff finishers for respective nations from the 17-18 league seasons who aren’t actually in the 32-team 2018-19 tournament. Also, logos and branding for the tournament have been updated. The IIHF Continental Cup entrants have also been updated for 2018-19 but more on that after I get to some of the small domestic leagues in future updates. Both tournaments should function without error now.
- SWITZERLAND: National League (formerly NLA) re-branded and teams & structure updated for 2018-19 season. Swiss League (formerly NLB) structure/teams updated for 2018-19 season. There is promotion/relegation between National League and League.
- SWITZERLAND JUNIORS: Elite Junior A structure/teams updated for 2018-19 season and now is playable for the first time in NHL36. Swiss Junior B teams updated for the 2018-19 season...not playable though. There is promotion/relegation between Junior A and Junior B.
- GERMANY: DEL teams & structure updated for 2018-19 season. DEL2 teams updated for 2018-19 season. Oberliga (third tier) teams updated for 2018-19 season...not playable though. There is promotion/relegation between DEL, DEL2 and Oberliga...as with Liiga, I know this is not true to real life, but I like the idea of seeing an old heavyweight club like Hannover Scoprions (toiling in Oberliga) being able to make it back to the DEL.
- GERMANY JUNIORS: DNL teams updated for 2018-19 season and now is playable for the first time in NHL36. Also updated to reflect new U20 format (in lieu of old U19 format).
- CZECH REPUBLIC: Tipssport Extraliga teams & structure updated for 2018-19 season. Chance Liga (second tier) rebranded and structure/teams updated for 2018-19 season. There is promotion/relegation between Extraliga and Chance Liga.
- CZECH REPUBLIC JUNIORS: DHL Junior Extraliga structure/teams updated for 2018-19 season and now is playable for the first time in NHL36. Also updated to reflect new U19 format (in lieu of old U20 format). Rules adjusted as well to allow Red Bull Academy (Austria) to host both Austrian and Czech players as domestic.
- SLOVAKIA: Tipssport Liga teams & structure updated for 2018-19 season. 1HL (second tier) teams updated for 2018-19 season...not playable though. There is promotion/relegation between Liga and 1HL.
- SLOVAKIA JUNIORS: Junior Extraliga structure/teams updated for 2018-19...not playable though (yet). This league is a combination of current U20 and U18 clubs, hence the 14 teams.
- AUSTRIA: EBEL teams & structure updated for 2018-19 season. AlpsHL re-classified as an Austrian-based league (under the EBEL umbrella even though 8 teams are Italian) and teams/structure updated for 2018-19 season and playable for the first time in NHL36.
- AUSTRIAN JUNIORS: EBYSL structure/teams updated for 2018-19 season and now is playable for the first time in NHL36.
- HUNGARY: Erste Liga teams & structure updated for 2018-19 season and playable for the first time in NHL36.
- HUNGARY JUNIORS: A generic default Hungarian-based junior league/team has been added as a domestic-based place for prospects to be generated. The top real Hungarian junior clubs play in the Austrian-based EBYSL.
- ITALY: Italian Hockey League has been re-branded from Serie A2 and teams & structure updated for 2018-19 season…not playable though. The major Italian teams all play the Austrian EBEL.
- ITALIAN JUNIORS: Italian Junior League teams & structure updated for 2018-19 season…not playable though. Also updated to reflect U19 format.
- SLOVENIA: International Hockey League teams & structure updated for 2018-19 season…not playable though. The two big clubs (Olimpija & Jesenice) play in the Austrian-based AlpsHL.
- SLOVENIA JUNIORS: A generic default Slovenian-based junior league/team has been added as a domestic-based place for prospects to be generated. Jesenice Jrs play in the Austrian-based EBYSL.
- CROATIA: A generic default Slovenian-based senior league/team has been added as a domestic-based place for Croatian players. Medvescak play in the Austrian-based EBEL while four other Croatian clubs play in the Slovenian-based IHL.
- CROATIA JUNIORS: A generic default Croatian-based junior league/team has been added as a domestic-based place for prospects to be generated.
- ROMANIA: A generic default Romanian-based senior league/team has been added as a domestic-based place for Romanian players. The three big clubs (Csikszereda, Brasov, Gyergoi) play in the Hungarian-based Erste Liga.
- ROMANIAN JUNIORS: A generic default Romanian-based junior league/team has been added as a domestic-based place for prospects to be generated.
- SERBIA: A generic default Serbian-based senior league/team has been added as a domestic-based place for Serbian players. The three big clubs (Partizan, Crvena Zvezda, Vojvodina) play in the Slovenian-based IHL. Technically, Partizan doesn’t IRL but rather than leave them in a skimpy Serbian-league, I added them to the IHL.
- SERBIAN JUNIORS: A generic default Serbian-based junior league/team has been added as a domestic-based place for prospects to be generated.
- BULGARIA: Bulgarian Hockey League[/u] teams & structure updated for 2018-19 season – it’s just a 4-team league…not playable though.
- BULGARIAN JUNIORS: A generic default Bulgarian -based junior league/team has been added as a domestic-based place for prospects to be generated.
- JAPAN: Asia Ice Hockey League[/u] teams & structure updated for 2018-19 season – still playable as always, structure really hasn’t changed. Includes the three South Korean clubs and Sakhalin from Russia.
- JAPAN JUNIORS: Added two generic default Japanese-based youth teams – one at the high school level and one at the university level since that is the more prevalent path in the country than “juniors”.
- SOUTH KOREA: A generic default Korean-based senior league/team has been added as a domestic-based place for Korean players. The three big clubs (Anyang, Daemyung, High1) play in the Japanese-based AIHL.
- SOUTH KOREA JUNIORS: Added two generic default Korean-based youth teams – one at the high school level and one at the university level since that is the more prevalent path in the country than “juniors”.
- CHINA: A generic default China-based senior league/team has been added as a domestic-based place for Chinese players. The main Chinese clubs play in either the KHL (Kunlun) or VHL (KRS, Tsen Tou Jilin).
- CHINESE JUNIORS: A generic default China-based junior league/team has been added as a domestic-based place for prospects to be generated. The top Chinese junior team (KRS Junior) plays in the MHL.

Will head back to Western Europe for the next update (top levels of Great Britain, France, Denmark, Norway, etc).

As always, mucho credits to dani9 for his logo superpack (while I have added a multitude of logos - many are also just re-named to work with my databases) and to the TBL crew as I used their extended European league models as a check to get my versions of some of the leagues above to be playable.

DOWNLOAD NHL36 DATABASES HERE:
Version 7.3 - Original NHL36 Expansion (September 15, 2018)
Dropbox - NHL36 - Original v7.3.zip
Version 7.3 - NHL36 "Great North" (September 15, 2018)
Dropbox - NHL36 - Great North v7.3.zip
Version 7.3 - NHL36 "City Lights" (September 15, 2018)
Dropbox - NHL36 - City Lights v7.3.zip
Version 7.3 - NHL36 "Wild West" (September 15, 2018)
Dropbox - NHL36 - Wild West v7.3.zip

DOWNLOAD NHL32 DATABASE HERE:
Version 7.3 - NHL32 Seattle (September 15, 2018)
Dropbox - NHL32 - Seattle v7.3.zip
Version 7.3 - NHL32 SeattleQuebec (September 15, 2018)
Dropbox - NHL32 - SeattleQuebec v7.3.zip

DOWNLOAD NHL36/32 GRAPHICS HERE:
Here are the NHL36/32 logos with the complete Russia/Sweden/Finland updates - remember download Dani9's latest logopack FIRST and then add/overwrite this set to complete the NHL36/32 logos
Dropbox - NHL36 Logos v7.3.zip

Make sure you have dani9’s latest logo superpack installed FIRST, overwriting when asked when installing the NHL36/32 logopack extensions…he has both a clubs superpack and international superpack
EHM The Blue Line - Login
EHM The Blue Line - Login

Last edited:

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
A lot of times people have questions on what leagues and options they can and cannot run.

I have test simmed thru 2025 with every league on "enhanced" and every added player/staff option selected and have only had one error...a "player pointer" error in 2020 which I was able to click through and keep simming with no issues. So reliability is definitely going up, even with multiple leagues and added options selected. I cannot guarantee you will have no errors though...because it takes my poor computer so darn long to sim with every league and option of "full" - I've got to also rely on error reports from users so please keep leaving feedback especially with major crash issues.

Here are the options I had selected for testing (it was in NHL36 not NHL32 but shouldn't be any differences). Also I did have the DNL selected even though the screen below shows it deselected. All of the three playable German leagues should be fine.
de64c2b3d1bd493287e56d7d1b28c475.jpg

c4fa45add4423318d5f499edbe7f313c.jpg

Last edited:

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
V7.3 Screens:
Every club and league noted above and with previous updates are updated with complete dani9-style logo graphics and refined club colors
(note that I tend to use European-style naming and don’t include temporary sponsors in the club name unless it is a long-running and important identifier:
2694225228d60c241c04db747251f255.jpg

2c53826498b8ccfdf0fe82c90bca166a.png

Includes many changes that seem minor but are very worthwhile for better clarity (ERC Ingolstadt is just one example):
From Old Logo:
180px-ERC_Ingolstadt.png

To New Logo seen in-game:
4da4b2e9516313a3da584106d87b4aec.png

Logos adjusted for clarity on both color (standard screen) and white (in-game alternate jerseys) backgrounds:
6f3868b7e9d2891f6b9de952710b598e.png

Club names, colors and logos between senior and affiliated junior clubs will match except where the junior team has a different “brand”:
bd822df29825a4b4bf562696a21d42b9.png

47b5b8f77b1f7e004f2268184f7666d7.png

Many of the updated leagues are multi-national partnerships updated for the 18-19 season:
e4cb53875146d999035ba88415609e0a.png

Updated CHL brand and contestants based on the 18-19 tournament (see comments in v7.3 release post above):
b67607728c0c8ebf4b3c13a9ba1943af.png

URL]]

Last edited:

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
You crazy BK, amazing just unbelievable stuff! Guess I got a lot of league updates to make! ;)

Go for it! I may eventually swipe much of your work on all the club & league histories, something I have sorely neglected aside from NHL champs and awards. Have you figured out a good way to do NHL club records without having to actually create old players? I've noticed that the function in the editor that should allow you to place a "name" in with a record or award (of somebody long retired or even...ermm...deceased) doesn't actually show up in the game so for NHL awards I had to create a bunch of non-players (ie Paul Kariya, Michael Peca, Jere Lehtinen, etc) and give them low non-player abilities but keep them in the game system for them to show up in the awards/records section. But to do that for every club for the records section is painstaking to say the least so that's why I haven't even tried.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Go for it! I may eventually swipe much of your work on all the club & league histories, something I have sorely neglected aside from NHL champs and awards. Have you figured out a good way to do NHL club records without having to actually create old players? I've noticed that the function in the editor that should allow you to place a "name" in with a record or award (of somebody long retired or even...ermm...deceased) doesn't actually show up in the game so for NHL awards I had to create a bunch of non-players (ie Paul Kariya, Michael Peca, Jere Lehtinen, etc) and give them low non-player abilities but keep them in the game system for them to show up in the awards/records section. But to do that for every club for the records section is painstaking to say the least so that's why I haven't even tried.

Nope, same boat here and I’ve tried just leaving them retired but sometimes they don’t stay that way. Maybe creating them as a non-staff scout with a really bad rating 10/10?

Bieronymus Trotz

Sep 4, 2017
I started a new game in the newest NHL32 (no Quebec), and the limit on roster size that normally applies to the ECHL seems to apply to the AHL now too, so I can't send enough of my NHL players down.

Has anyone else encountered this? It's possible I inadvertently caused it myself somehow. Either way, can I change this in the editor? I looked around a little but don't see where this restriction comes up.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
I started a new game in the newest NHL32 (no Quebec), and the limit on roster size that normally applies to the ECHL seems to apply to the AHL now too, so I can't send enough of my NHL players down.

Has anyone else encountered this? It's possible I inadvertently caused it myself somehow. Either way, can I change this in the editor? I looked around a little but don't see where this restriction comes up.

Those settings are under Transfer Rules used by the league, you can view them with the EHM Editor. Looks like we might need to test lowering this limit a bit more.

Reactions: Bieronymus Trotz

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY

Was thinking about this overnight, the AHL/ECHL should not have a full 23 man roster at any time. Did you happen to use 'Add Players to Human Playable Teams' at the start of the sim?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad