Eastside Hockey Manager - Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
^ My mistake, missed him asking about BK’s specifically.

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
I just love playing with databases that have a lot of leagues in them. Even if they aren't playable, to have prospects generate from a tiny midget club in Canada, or the lowest Finnish junior league to become a star is rewarding for me anyway.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I keep getting an error once I get to the start of free agency several years down the road:

"CUSTOM_LEAGUE::schedule_league_from_real_schedule() - Invalid team allocation to division (KHL Div: KHL Tarasov Division)"

Can't seem to get past it, and I have no idea how to fix it.

I'm using all of the Steam packages for this, up to date as of this August. I'm running EHM through PlayOnMac on a MBP.

Any tips (besides the snarky "buy a PC" shit)?

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
I keep getting an error once I get to the start of free agency several years down the road:

"CUSTOM_LEAGUE::schedule_league_from_real_schedule() - Invalid team allocation to division (KHL Div: KHL Tarasov Division)"

Can't seem to get past it, and I have no idea how to fix it.

I'm using all of the Steam packages for this, up to date as of this August. I'm running EHM through PlayOnMac on a MBP.

Any tips (besides the snarky "buy a PC" ****)?

I assume you are using my DB, this was an issue that was fixed (I hope). Just keep clicking OK a bunch and it will proceed.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Should have an update coming in the next few days to complete my SHL/KHL overhauls. NHL rosters will be set this week so I will probably do a quick and dirty update just to get them all accurate for opening day then start doing my overhauls across North America.

Reactions: GarbageGoal
Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
Does anyone have any tips or insight how the Training Camp session works before the season? I hardly ever pay attention to it (even with EHM '07). It seems like the prospects who improved attribute-wise have a bad camp for me, but a random Canadian 7th Round pick seems to impress at camp.

Does that mean the one who impresses in camp I should be looking at plugging into the line-up more? Or should I just disregard that?

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Is there any point to setting captains in the editor, or will the AI change it in-game. I notice teams have no captains set in DB files.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Is there any point to setting captains in the editor, or will the AI change it in-game. I notice teams have no captains set in DB files.

Setting them in the editor just sets them initially, AI will likely change them, not right away though but if a player is traded/sent down or who's Teamwork or Leadership traits rise/fall.

Nail

Mar 21, 2014
Anyone see this before? Lol

f933ea9a6dbd4304bed67341a247d9a2.png

Two games on Christmas Eve !

H3ckt1k

Jan 9, 2015
Just started a new game, im in year 2 at the trade deadline, detroit is 43 pts out of a playoff spot...and they trade futures for a one year rental player?

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Just started a new game, im in year 2 at the trade deadline, detroit is 43 pts out of a playoff spot...and they trade futures for a one year rental player?
I wish there was a way to turn off computer trades

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario

In the previous version I would always trade away the pending Unrestricted Free Agents that I had no intention of signing. About 90 percent of the time, the players would then not be re-signed by the team that just acquired them.

In some cases, teams would be coughing up a prospect and a 3rd rounder for a guy that had no intention of signing. Something broken there.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
There are some pretty notorious trade cheats, but obviously that's something one doesn't have to abuse so it's fine.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
That would mean he could end up with 110 in PA, so I wouldn't recommend it. -8 or -9 makes more sense.

Yea I wish there was a 130-190 range, I am just getting such a bust feel about him though. I'll keep him a -9 for the first 25 games this year, if he doesn't make an impact he will likely be bumped down to -8.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
does everybody just play as their favorite team, or do you do random select?

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Yea I wish there was a 130-190 range, I am just getting such a bust feel about him though. I'll keep him a -9 for the first 25 games this year, if he doesn't make an impact he will likely be bumped down to -8.

When do you think we'll see the next Steam update? Thanks for all the hard work.

Nino33

Jul 5, 2015
Am I crazy if I were to make Nolan Patrick 136 CA / -15 PA?
That would mean he could end up with 110 in PA, so I wouldn't recommend it. -8 or -9 makes more sense.

FYI

I recall doing some testing that showed that the game won't reduce a player's given/set CA & if a variable PA is used (-8, -9, etc) the PA the game gives is never less than the CA

Also, the spread of a variable PA is equally used; the game won't give a PA below a player's given CA but the game will use the full range for likelihood, but instead of giving a PA below the game will give a PA that matches the current CA).

So, with the example above, if Patrick is given a -15 the PA will be between 110 and 190 (the spread from lowest to highest being 80)

With a 136 CA Patrick is being given the starting point of the spread (110) + 26

With a 136 CA Patrick will have a 32.5% chance of getting a 136 PA (26/80), but he'll never be given a PA below 136

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad