Eastside Hockey Manager - Part IX Maybe 1.5 Edition?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Plugging away on my 00 mod. Full NHL done, some minor tweaks but really happy with how the sims are turning out. Colorado and Jersey are able to be taken down, but barely.

So far everyone drafted from 96-04 is in the DB but not accurately rated or on proper teams yet.

WHL/OHL/QMJHL are in the DB, lots of work here to be done.

RSL (KHL) players in the db but randomly filled in.

Trying to decide what to do with AHL/IHL and what not.

Post the screen shots you COWARD. I can attest this project is looking great!

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Would love an independent AHL club. Full control of the roster except the occasional loan. A dynasty would be very hard to build as your players might get poached by the NHL.

That's actually pretty much what happens in my testing of the new NHLX database. Since the bulk of prospects are sent to the NHL2, the AHL (now split into larger East and West leagues) maintains a pretty independent spirit. Some of the teams serve as secondary affiliates to NHL clubs so will get a trickle of prospects but others are completely independent.

Overall skill level is probably down (even though reps and finances remain the same) - I mean, think about the real AHL minus NHL prospects. But I like the two completely different experiences now captured by splitting off the NHL2. In one league you get some pretty exciting skill and unique combos of prospects from NHL clubs but really you are more coach than GM. But you can play the AHL and really dive into GM mode without having to worry about 75% of your roster being loaned from an NHL parent club.

Just finished testing an updated 24-team KHL with a more compact geographical footprint, a slimmed down VHL and a new beefed up 14 team Asia League featuring Far East Russian clubs and Chinese clubs back in the fold. Also Quebec back in the NHL and Detroit back West. Arizona got demoted to the NHL2 but at least they are still in the game. So far so good...next up is tackling Liiga with Jokerit back in the fold.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
@BKarchitect so there will be NHL2 version DB and normal DB with NHL/AHL if I understood it correctly ?

No just the new format...it's too much work to maintain both. Part of the NHLX database is living with the experimentation :) If I get bad feedback I may always switch it out. The Pivot/TBL rosters are so well maintained at this point I feel like for me, doing something different is the most fun!

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
v5.1 of Pivot released:

General Updates:

- Latest NHL/AHL/ECHL transactions and other notable transactions world-wide
- Florida Panthers and Minnesota Wild organizational updates (players/staff + RFAs/prospects re-rated)
- Updated several retirements/players transitioning to staff -- thanks Bobbitt01!!
- Fixed hundreds of incorrect multi-position players -- thanks WearingComb1050!!
- Fixed club budgets based on new projections from Projected Player Salaries 2020 – 2021 – 2112HockeyAgency.com, also fixed missing max-club player budgets -- thanks OnkelKånkel for reporting this

Russian Updates:
- Updated KHL staff

Swedish Updates:
- Updated club player records for Allsvenskan clubs -- thanks ESHMfan01!!
- Adjusted staff wage financial data and player captains for SHL/Allsvenskan clubs
- Updated staff for SHL/Allsvenskan/Ettan/J20 Nationell clubs -- thanks Bobbitt01!!

United States Updates:
- Updated both U17/U18 USNTDP teams

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
v5.1 of Pivot released:

General Updates:

- Florida Panthers and Minnesota Wild organizational updates (players/staff + RFAs/prospects re-rated)
- Updated several retirements/players transitioning to staff -- thanks Bobbitt01!!
- Fixed hundreds of incorrect multi-position players -- thanks WearingComb1050!!
- Fixed club budgets based on new projections from Projected Player Salaries 2020 – 2021 – 2112HockeyAgency.com, also fixed missing max-club player budgets -- thanks OnkelKånkel for reporting this

:thumbu:

Good job, salaries are realistic now unlike in previous version. It was so odd to see player in KHL or NL earning like 20.000 per season.:D

Reactions: xECK29x

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
v5.1 of Pivot released:

General Updates:

Russian Updates:
- Updated KHL staff

Swedish Updates:
- Updated club player records for Allsvenskan clubs -- thanks ESHMfan01!!
- Adjusted staff wage financial data and player captains for SHL/Allsvenskan clubs
- Updated staff for SHL/Allsvenskan/Ettan/J20 Nationell clubs -- thanks Bobbitt01!!

United States Updates:
- Updated both U17/U18 USNTDP teams
Awesome work. Noticed Tyler Seguin permanently injured for Columbus in the config, might have been a test, thought I would point out.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Awesome work. Noticed Tyler Seguin permanently injured for Columbus in the config, might have been a test, thought I would point out.

Whoops, yup will fix. I copied the Dubinsky line for the formating then must have turned away from finishing off the injury or someting.

Last edited:

Duff88

May 7, 2002
It has always bothered me that we don't see season totals in the boxscore next to the player scoring or assisting on a goal. I wish the total was put in parenthesis next to the player name. For some reason it would really add to the immersion for me.

Is there any fix for that or is it hardcoded into the game?

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
I started indulging in FM20 after I bought it when it was free on Epic Games a few weeks ago. All I can say is it's really unfortunate that Riz can't make EHM like FM. The level of detail is crazy.

Reactions: Smirnov2Chistov

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
I started indulging in FM20 after I bought it when it was free on Epic Games a few weeks ago. All I can say is it's really unfortunate that Riz can't make EHM like FM. The level of detail is crazy.

There is probably not better money - value ratio in whole video game industry than EHM.

Riz from time to time managed to say in his posts "in next full version"....I know it is a long shot, but it's hope, and hope die last....

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
There is probably not better money - value ratio in whole video game industry than EHM.

Riz from time to time managed to say in his posts "in next full version"....I know it is a long shot, but it's hope, and hope die last....

Not sure about that. This was already previously discussed, but there isn't a very big market for hockey games worldwide. EA sports doesn't make too much off of their NHL series, but because of the popularity of Madden and FIFA, they can afford it.

I get why SI has Riz focus on FM, but I don't know why he can't delegate a team to focus on EHM.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Having fun streamlining some Euro leagues...it's not going to be 100% realistic (in terms of league structure) but it'll be a fun experiment.

Jokerit obviously fares pretty well back in Liiga!

3cf7f82b828bfd92865123bcf30df2fe.png

bashbros32

Jan 12, 2014
Brockville, Ontario
@BKarchitect you had mentioned prior that doing a proper nhl2 was too complicated, is the NHL hard coded for structure and playoff format and whatnot?

also I'm excited to see how your streamlined world of hockey turns out!

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
@BKarchitect you had mentioned prior that doing a proper nhl2 was too complicated, is the NHL hard coded for structure and playoff format and whatnot?

also I'm excited to see how your streamlined world of hockey turns out!

The NHL setup isn't hard-coded per se but there are features unique to the NHL which cause promotion/demotion to a second tier league to be impossible.

1) Maintaining divisional setups is hard. You can kind of get around this by using a feature in the editor that tells the league to arrange divisions by geographical location in an East-West or North-South manner (because home city locations all have a latitude and longitude). But this results in funky alignments and doesn't work as well in practice as in theory and is designed for smaller nations such as Sweden and Finland who have tons of teams in some of their lower tiers. Again, I got this to work well enough but it's not great.

The main concept with a promotion/demotion setup to me would be you have mirroring divisions in each league (NHL/NHL2) and you would have promotion or demotion only within those divisional alignments - this would keep things nice and tidy without completely new NHL alignments every single year. But it is also impossible.

2) The harder thing is the NHL Draft and NHL Player Rights. So the NHL Draft occurs BEFORE the end of the season. So if you are Detroit and you ended up the worst team in the league and got relegated you would still participate in the draft. And if you are Houston and you got promoted, you wouldn't participate in the draft for the next season. But the thing is...if Detroit selects Owen Power #1 overall in the draft at the end of June, and then July hits and they are sent down - suddenly Owen Power has no NHL rights and has to go back to the draft. And all Detroit's RFAs automatically become free agents. There is no system available to reconcile player rights.

This was a while ago when I did all this and while those issues seem workable, in practice, it doesn't work at all. The way I've described above - it's actually much worse in the game but that's kind of the "underpinning" of all the issues that make it not work.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
The NHL setup isn't hard-coded per se but there are features unique to the NHL which cause promotion/demotion to a second tier league to be impossible.

1) Maintaining divisional setups is hard. You can kind of get around this by using a feature in the editor that tells the league to arrange divisions by geographical location in an East-West or North-South manner (because home city locations all have a latitude and longitude). But this results in funky alignments and doesn't work as well in practice as in theory and is designed for smaller nations such as Sweden and Finland who have tons of teams in some of their lower tiers. Again, I got this to work well enough but it's not great.

The main concept with a promotion/demotion setup to me would be you have mirroring divisions in each league (NHL/NHL2) and you would have promotion or demotion only within those divisional alignments - this would keep things nice and tidy without completely new NHL alignments every single year. But it is also impossible.

2) The harder thing is the NHL Draft and NHL Player Rights. So the NHL Draft occurs BEFORE the end of the season. So if you are Detroit and you ended up the worst team in the league and got relegated you would still participate in the draft. And if you are Houston and you got promoted, you wouldn't participate in the draft for the next season. But the thing is...if Detroit selects Owen Power #1 overall in the draft at the end of June, and then July hits and they are sent down - suddenly Owen Power has no NHL rights and has to go back to the draft. And all Detroit's RFAs automatically become free agents. There is no system available to reconcile player rights.

This was a while ago when I did all this and while those issues seem workable, in practice, it doesn't work at all. The way I've described above - it's actually much worse in the game but that's kind of the "underpinning" of all the issues that make it not work.

Yea the amount of hard coded stuff around the NHL in the game makes modifying it pretty difficult outside of reducing/raising the amount of clubs. in 1.4.1 any additional clubs (over the intended 30) causes issues with the extra_config and potentially other game initialization phases.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Pivot v5.1.1 released:

General Updates:

- Pittsburgh Penguins (players/staff + RFAs/prospects re-rated)
- Updated currency exchange rates worldwide for those supported
- Made more financial tweaks world wide based on testing and validation (larger changes to AHL/ECHL/SPHL) -- thanks Riz!!
- Implemented record_config.cfg file which adds even more detail for club/player/league records (mainly covers NHL/AHL/ECHL to start) -- HUGE thanks to getzlaf15!!

Belarus Updates:

- Updated club max budgets for Extraliga A -- thanks pukovnik and Alessandro!!

Slovak Updates:

- Updated clubs, affiliations, players & staff for Hokejová Liga and Tipos Extraliga -- thanks TomTeki!!
- Updated Kaufland Cup clubs -- thanks TomTeki!!

Slovenian Updates:

- Updated club max budgets for IHL -- thanks pukovnik!!

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
Does anyone know if there is still anywhere to download the original free game? I've had an itch for the last while to give it a go again but all links I'm finding are dead.

VC

Feb 28, 2002
Vancouver Island
Visit site
For some reason the KHL team I'm using keeps release player. I have it set in GM options and in vacation mode to not do that kind of thin. Is it just a KHL thing or am I missing something.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
For some reason the KHL team I'm using keeps release player. I have it set in GM options and in vacation mode to not do that kind of thin. Is it just a KHL thing or am I missing something.

Are you over the player limit or the budget?

VC

Feb 28, 2002
Vancouver Island
Visit site
Are you over the player limit or the budget?

A couple of million under budget, 25 or 25 on pro roster. The same 2 players released from the MHL. Maybe their roster limit? But why auto release their best prospects/players.

Also 1 or 2 player from the pro roster keep needing to be put into the lineup. They get unchecked and I need to rechecked them and put them back onto their lines. I brings up the view only players.

Steve Shutt

Don't Poke the Bear
May 31, 2007
Pivot v5.1.1 released:

General Updates:

- Pittsburgh Penguins (players/staff + RFAs/prospects re-rated)
- Updated currency exchange rates worldwide for those supported
- Made more financial tweaks world wide based on testing and validation (larger changes to AHL/ECHL/SPHL) -- thanks Riz!!
- Implemented record_config.cfg file which adds even more detail for club/player/league records (mainly covers NHL/AHL/ECHL to start) -- HUGE thanks to getzlaf15!!

Is this for a 2020-21 season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad