Eastside Hockey Manager - Part IX Maybe 1.5 Edition?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Nitpick time for the Habs ;) @xECK29x

- Romanov should be LD/RD. Played a lot of RD, but LD is still his natural position.
- Jake Evans was signed september 23. 2 years 750k
- Friberg is not Habs property anymore. He is UFA.
- Not that it matters, but we have Henriksson rights until August 15 2023
- Everyone on the Habs is underrated :sarcasm:
- In the Seattle DB, you didn't put an ECHL team for the Habs. You talked about putting TR in. No big deal if not yet.
- I don't know if it's intended, but the Ducks have no affiliate in the AHL or ECHL. EDIT: Ducks should have San Diego AHL and Tulsa ECHL Anaheim Announces Affiliation Agreement with Tulsa of the ECHL | San Diego Gulls

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Nitpick time for the Habs ;) @xECK29x

- Romanov should be LD/RD. Played a lot of RD, but LD is still his natural position.
- Jake Evans was signed september 23. 2 years 750k
- Friberg is not Habs property anymore. He is UFA.
- Not that it matters, but we have Henriksson rights until August 15 2023
- Everyone on the Habs is underrated :sarcasm:
- In the Seattle DB, you didn't put an ECHL team for the Habs. You talked about putting TR in. No big deal if not yet.
- I don't know if it's intended, but the Ducks have no affiliate in the AHL or ECHL. EDIT: Ducks should have San Diego AHL and Tulsa ECHL Anaheim Announces Affiliation Agreement with Tulsa of the ECHL | San Diego Gulls

Thanks, will patch these things in, the Habs ECHL team isn't official yet so it won't be in. The rights generation is done automatically by the game, I only have so much control over that.

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
Question guys. The game makes decisions for me without my input. ex: claiming a guy off waivers; signing scouts...
How can I make the game not to do that?
Thanks!

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Question guys. The game makes decisions for me without my input. ex: claiming a guy off waivers; signing scouts...
How can I make the game not to do that?
Thanks!

Disable everything in the menu when you go on vacation. It doesn't stop sending players up and down though.

Reactions: Adele Dazeem

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
@xECK29x
2021 preliminary ranking has 16 D in the top 18 for the NHL draft in my save. That's a bit heavy :laugh:
Will report for the mid.

Thats actually a game limitation if you are going by ISS, as it sorts by CA, D have a higher CA curve then F/G, which is why you always see overage D at top of ISS rankings. We have brought this up to Riz.

Here is a screenshot of the draft result from a recent test, fairly happy with it:

upload_2020-10-9_19-13-41.png

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
@xECK29x
2021 preliminary ranking has 16 D in the top 18 for the NHL draft in my save. That's a bit heavy :laugh:
Will report for the mid.

Was gonna ask, update us on how your save is going. I’m about to start one, debating on taking Toronto, Los Angeles or Ottawa. Thinking of doing a write up in here each season

Reactions: dh99

DieselPig

Oct 20, 2016
There’s no timeline for it, what’s the main motivation to wait for 1.5?

There’s too many little things that bug me that don’t make me want to dive into a long sim namely scoring levels, prospect development, unrealistic signings and trades, etc

archibalduk

EHM The Blue Line
Oct 29, 2005
England
There’s too many little things that bug me that don’t make me want to dive into a long sim namely scoring levels, prospect development, unrealistic signings and trades, etc

Keep in mind that unless you report these on the SI EHM Bugs Forum with details and specific examples, they're unlikely to be fixed for v1.5 unless you have seen your specific items mentioned in the preview changelist which Riz posted a while back.

Bieronymus Trotz

Sep 4, 2017
Disable everything in the menu when you go on vacation. It doesn't stop sending players up and down though.
Something I would love to see is an optional setting to automatically bring you back from vacation if certain things happen, like an injury that will force a player out of the lineup, a trade offer, maybe a player being missing from practice, etc. Or a way to set your lineup but also designate a sort of backup lineup if injuries happen, like if you have a seventh defenseman on your roster and want to have that player automatically plugged in if another defenseman has an injury.

Similarly, even when not on vacation it would be very cool to be able to set what portion of games you want your two goalies to start, or to do the same for, say, your 12th and 13th forwards. Maybe it's just me, but it stresses me out having extra players on my roster and having to work them into the lineup however often.

(In terms of goalies, you can sort of do something like this by putting both your goalies in the lineup but not assigning them to starter and backup on the lines screen, and the game will rotate them, but you can't control how it will distribute the workload.)

Reactions: BKarchitect

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Something I would love to see is an optional setting to automatically bring you back from vacation if certain things happen, like an injury that will force a player out of the lineup, a trade offer, maybe a player being missing from practice, etc. Or a way to set your lineup but also designate a sort of backup lineup if injuries happen, like if you have a seventh defenseman on your roster and want to have that player automatically plugged in if another defenseman has an injury.

Similarly, even when not on vacation it would be very cool to be able to set what portion of games you want your two goalies to start, or to do the same for, say, your 12th and 13th forwards. Maybe it's just me, but it stresses me out having extra players on my roster and having to work them into the lineup however often.

(In terms of goalies, you can sort of do something like this by putting both your goalies in the lineup but not assigning them to starter and backup on the lines screen, and the game will rotate them, but you can't control how it will distribute the workload.)

Would be nice indeed. I hate when the AI bring up the 20 years old prospect I want to marinate in the minor and send down the 23 years old I want to decide if I keep or not.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY

I would like to see this too, this is something the EA games actually do well, where I can sim week to week but trades, injuries, etc will pause the sim so I can choose to make a decision or let the coach/AGM auto replace the player in the lineup etc.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I tried loading up the new ECK rosters to start a new game, and I got halfway through a season before I started remembering the things with EHM that really grinded my gears :laugh:

I really hope the update does a good job at redistributing scoring and revamping the rating system. It's really bothersome to see my 2nd-4th lines being completely inept at scoring despite having really good players on it. It seems like players need to be getting significant powerplay time or top line time to get good ratings.

Reactions: francis246

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Draft rankings normalised a bit more in the mid and final rankings. Heading into the draft as Seattle. Was able to garner two other first which should help. My rules is that I can only get FA from Europe or undrafted FA. Trade for picks only. Waiver pickup need to be cap dump by the other team.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
Draft rankings normalised a bit more in the mid and final rankings. Heading into the draft as Seattle. Was able to garner two other first which should help. My rules is that I can only get FA from Europe or undrafted FA. Trade for picks only. Waiver pickup need to be cap dump by the other team.

what’s your roster looking like now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad