Eastside Hockey Manager - Part IX Maybe 1.5 Edition?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Ok, the full release of my BKmodern EHM Skin is ready...see link below for info, download link and screens:
BKmodern EHM Skin - EHM The Blue Line

Here is a direct link to the file:
BKmodern_v1.0.zip

LOADS of screenshots here, side-by-side comparisons with Traditional skin through a ton of different screens...gonna spoiler this so not to overrun the thread:
Jqb78Pr.jpg

7sIG5KS.jpg

LFGIv8H.jpg

886nGqO.jpg

fojlmt8.jpg

MGfxmub.jpg

lv4AjXg.jpg

CA3SSsZ.jpg

gtBwE77.jpg

DazAHHY.jpg

7Be9zIx.jpg

Wqrm1MK.jpg

pBVJNIU.jpg

Z6GPrbh.jpg

nAH0wC5.jpg

2Utc7re.jpg

qb8tsv8.jpg

Va1pgAT.jpg

ZzgiVLZ.jpg

dqWLskt.jpg

0FaKlo5.jpg

hODxOMV.jpg

wEhz3oe.jpg

Welcome comments and possible improvements/suggestions!

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Having played both games extensively I would go with FHM. Both have different pros and cons. Just briefly - EHM is more customisable, has a better interface, drafting and scouting are slightly ahead and it has a more dedicated community keeping the game up to date. FHM is far more realistic in terms of statistics, player development and ageing and difficulty (although it is still easy to manipulate the AI, it's nowhere near as easy as in EHM). The biggest gripe I have with EHM is the ageing and development. Players will put up career highs in their late 30s if they have the right linemates and enough ice time. Rarely will you see guys in their early to mid 20s dominate the scoring leaderboards like they do in real life.

EHM was the better game until FHM5. Since then FHM is clearly ahead.

That may be because EHM hasn't seen a patch since what, 2017?

High level prospects development is being adressed in 1.5.

The biggest problem with EHM is that Riz is a one man army and still want to fix so many things per patches. 1.5 could easily have been 2-3 patches spread from 2017 to now.

Edit: Wouldn't be surprised to see your opinion change again after 1.5.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Ok, the full release of my BKmodern EHM Skin is ready...see link below for info, download link and screens:

BKmodern_v1.0.zip

LOADS of screenshots here, side-by-side comparisons with Traditional skin through a ton of different screens...gonna spoiler this so not to overrun the thread:
Jqb78Pr.jpg

7sIG5KS.jpg

LFGIv8H.jpg

886nGqO.jpg

fojlmt8.jpg

MGfxmub.jpg

lv4AjXg.jpg

CA3SSsZ.jpg

gtBwE77.jpg

DazAHHY.jpg

7Be9zIx.jpg

Wqrm1MK.jpg

pBVJNIU.jpg

Z6GPrbh.jpg

nAH0wC5.jpg

2Utc7re.jpg

qb8tsv8.jpg

Va1pgAT.jpg

ZzgiVLZ.jpg

dqWLskt.jpg

0FaKlo5.jpg

hODxOMV.jpg

wEhz3oe.jpg

I will test it on 1.5 this weekend, will let you know if there are any issues.

Reactions: BKarchitect

ImActuallyAnOtter

Mar 3, 2019
'm resetting the "sign-up" for the Prospect Generator for the new 2020/21 databases that come out. If you want to be included, fill in the form here: Prospect Generator Signup

You'll be inserted as a player/non-player with player ability 50CA/-5PA (-16PA once EHM 1.5 is released) and non-player ability 100CA/-15PA. You'll generate as a 2006 or 2007 born player so that you'll be 2025 draft eligible. -5PA means with the worst roll you'll rise as high as a decent CHL player and the best roll means you'll rise as high as a decent AHL player. Non-player though, you could easily reach the NHL as a GM or Head Coach if all goes right.

Fill in by Monday morning and I'll include you in the file I send over to NPF for facepack generation.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
That may be because EHM hasn't seen a patch since what, 2017?

High level prospects development is being adressed in 1.5.

The biggest problem with EHM is that Riz is a one man army and still want to fix so many things per patches. 1.5 could easily have been 2-3 patches spread from 2017 to now.

Edit: Wouldn't be surprised to see your opinion change again after 1.5.

Hopefully it does. FHM has been great the past two years but if EHM can surpass it I’ll gladly go back to it.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Sorry it's been answered recently but is 1.5 an imminent reality? Or is it still a ways off?

filip85

Feb 7, 2017

BKmodern_v1.0.zip

Jqb78Pr.jpg

7sIG5KS.jpg

LFGIv8H.jpg

886nGqO.jpg

fojlmt8.jpg

MGfxmub.jpg

lv4AjXg.jpg

CA3SSsZ.jpg

gtBwE77.jpg

DazAHHY.jpg

7Be9zIx.jpg

Wqrm1MK.jpg

pBVJNIU.jpg

Z6GPrbh.jpg

nAH0wC5.jpg

2Utc7re.jpg

qb8tsv8.jpg

Va1pgAT.jpg

ZzgiVLZ.jpg

dqWLskt.jpg

0FaKlo5.jpg

hODxOMV.jpg

wEhz3oe.jpg

You are the KING !!!:bow::bow::bow:

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Sorry it's been answered recently but is 1.5 an imminent reality? Or is it still a ways off?

Your guess is as good as mine

Well, we do know internal testing for the patch has started a while ago, so I assume a lot of the work is done. Riz is probably swamped by the games SI actually care about right now, so that's the biggest question mark.

Still buggles me how they won't even spare 0.5 person per year for EHM.

Last edited:

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Well, we do know internal testing for the patch has started a while ago, so I assume a lot of the work is done. Riz is probably swamped by the games SI actually care about right now, so that's the biggest question mark.

Still buggles me how they won't even spare 0.5 person per year for EHM.

As someone who can’t get his DB working in 1.4.1 but it works in 1.5 you have no idea how frustrated I’m starting to become.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
As someone who can’t get his DB working in 1.4.1 but it works in 1.5 you have no idea how frustrated I’m starting to become.

It's very sad seeing a company exploiting a man's dream so much. At one point, I was mulling over starting a kickstarter/gofundme just to pay Riz so he can work on it or at least convince SI to put 0.5 guy on it. With the EHM fanbase, no doubt we could get quite a bit of money even at 1-20 dollars each.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
It's very sad seeing a company exploiting a man's dream so much. At one point, I was mulling over starting a kickstarter/gofundme just to pay Riz so he can work on it or at least convince SI to put 0.5 guy on it. With the EHM fanbase, no doubt we could get quite a bit of money even at 1-20 dollars each.

It doesn't have anything to do with that really, it's SI's game, he can really only work on it when he wants and when SI lets him. He could do it in his spare time but with two very young kids that's nearly impossible, any software development requires hours of uninterrupted time.

Reactions: WreckingCrew

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
It doesn't have anything to do with that really, it's SI's game, he can really only work on it when he wants and when SI lets him. He could do it in his spare time but with two very young kids that's nearly impossible, any software development requires hours of uninterrupted time.

Which is my point. SI doesn't care enough about EHM to give the time to Riz.

Reactions: WreckingCrew

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
Really frustrating when you check Steam charts and EHM still has more then double the amount of active users then the FHM games too....though overall it's a tiny number compared to FM.

Truth to be told, FHM can also be bought via OOTP page.

Jagger D

Jun 14, 2020
Your guess is as good as mine

I don't know how much information you are allowed to divulge about 1.5, but, in your own opinion, would you say it's close to ready? Ofc with software development it's impossible to know how easy or hard it will be to fix an issue if you don't know the underlying system, but are you running into bugs/glitches/issues left and right, or is it just fine-tuning it at this point?

archibalduk

EHM The Blue Line
Oct 29, 2005
England
I don't know how much information you are allowed to divulge about 1.5, but, in your own opinion, would you say it's close to ready? Ofc with software development it's impossible to know how easy or hard it will be to fix an issue if you don't know the underlying system, but are you running into bugs/glitches/issues left and right, or is it just fine-tuning it at this point?

I don't think we can really divulge this and in any event, whilst we are testing and reporting things, we don't have visibility on what might be remaining on Riz's task list for v1.5.

Re the earlier comments on SI: I think we should bear in mind that SI could have just mothballed the game completely. They didn't have to allow Riz to continue working on it unofficially.

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
I don't think we can really divulge this and in any event, whilst we are testing and reporting things, we don't have visibility on what might be remaining on Riz's task list for v1.5.

Re the earlier comments on SI: I think we should bear in mind that SI could have just mothballed the game completely. They didn't have to allow Riz to continue working on it unofficially.

Thought about this over the weekend, but not sure how viable it would be. Maybe EHM and FHM should merge and join forces. Motorsport Manager, a game that came out in 2014/2015 gets more support than EHM does lol.

If you were to load up the game today, you wouldn't be facing any glaring problems. I've done test saves before (with newer databases) only the NHL selected and everything turns out fine. I've mentioned it here before many times already, but my main save (2015 Default Rosters -Fake Names DB) still holds up well to this day.

The main issue that the game is having is being unable to process databases with a ton of leagues selected in it. As the modding community got bigger, more leagues were requested. The 1.5 update is able to streamline the handling of DBs better.

Still boggles me how they won't even spare 0.5 person per year for EHM.

I've said that before over and over again in different threads. I know Riz used to post here years ago, but if someone started a GoFundMe to actually give him help I would donate immediately lol. Even with an extra hand (or two, or three :laugh:) the game can fix things that need fixing.

Last edited:

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
@xECK29x @archibalduk
Do you guys know how I might go about publishing my skin to Steam workshop for EHM? I've never tried publishing any of my material before to Steam...

1) It doesn't appear that Skins are an option...just databases, logos, facepacks?
2) Could I just upload a preview photo and put instructions in the description that link to the skin's TBL forum posting?
3) I tried #2 but it never lets me publish to "Public" only "Private".

Thanks for any help for a Steam Workshop newb :)

Reactions: Beef Cake

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
@xECK29x @archibalduk
Do you guys know how I might go about publishing my skin to Steam workshop for EHM? I've never tried publishing any of my material before to Steam...

1) It doesn't appear that Skins are an option...just databases, logos, facepacks?
2) Could I just upload a preview photo and put instructions in the description that link to the skin's TBL forum posting?
3) I tried #2 but it never lets me publish to "Public" only "Private".

Thanks for any help for a Steam Workshop newb :)

Hmmm good question, I don't think skins have Workshop support unfortunately. Archi can feature it on the TBL homepage and I'd recommend sharing it via a post on the EHM Reddit. I shared it on the Discord server.

archibalduk

EHM The Blue Line
Oct 29, 2005
England
Hmmm good question, I don't think skins have Workshop support unfortunately. Archi can feature it on the TBL homepage and I'd recommend sharing it via a post on the EHM Reddit. I shared it on the Discord server.

No it looks like the Workshop only supports databases, logos and facepacks. Seems a bit of a shame. Maybe something for us to mention to Riz when we next speak.

The skin is on the TBL front page as a news item but I'll see if I can add something more permanent on the front page once the upcoming Editor is released in October.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Pivot V5 will be released on the day of NHL Free Agency (October 9th), if anyone wants to help test let me know, thanks to those that have helped out already!

So hyped for this!

My Habs save is still going strong in 2047, but a new DB is always nice. No sons in this version of the prospects generator, right?

Reactions: archibalduk
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad