Post-Game Talk: Eastern Conference Title Defense Day 1: Devils @ Rangers

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
First preseason game. Everyone relax, please.

This will help:
4891810031_c648a9f489_z.jpg

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
Though I agree with the common feelings about goonery not being something to worry about, just to play Devils advocate, couldn't we see Prust's cheap shot to Step's jaw as a retaliation of sorts. Kreids might not get beat up, but he may inspire some reckless "pay-back"

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
The only thing I worry about after last night is injuries to our defense. Those depth guys left a lot to be desired.

Wolfy*

You should have some respect for the heavyweight fighters, they will have a non-fighter like Kreider for lunch.

And a goon doesn't care about penalties if he has a mission, it's actually his job. Goon retaliation doesn't happen so much anymore, but it isn't gone either.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
You should have some respect for the heavyweight fighters, they will have a non-fighter like Kreider for lunch.

And a goon doesn't care about penalties if he has a mission, it's actually his job. Goon retaliation doesn't happen so much anymore, but it isn't gone either.
Why would Kreider fight a heavyweight, or anyone for that matter?

Kreider can literally skate twice as fast as someone like John Scott lirl

Fugazy

Brick by Brick
Jun 1, 2014
New York

But Kreider would never fight a "heavyweight fighter." That's not what he does and not what he will do as a player.

Krams

Feb 13, 2012

Have respect for cavemen on ice who can't even skate? I don't think they're owed any respect whatsoever. Heavyweights will not do anything to Kreider. Dude fought Chara, and in the event of a mugging, can easily hold on until the refs break it up.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I guess I fear the retaliation that may come if someone deems it necessary not on Kreider himself, although a dirty hit could happen, but on other players.

Callafan24

Sep 22, 2010
New York City
Have respect for cavemen on ice who can't even skate? I don't think they're owed any respect whatsoever. Heavyweights will not do anything to Kreider. Dude fought Chara, and in the event of a mugging, can easily hold on until the refs break it up.

It was Phaneuf.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
My point is he may not have a choice if he keeps running goalies.

This isn't the 70's, 80's, or 90's any more. That isn't going to happen. You won't have a heavyweight pull Kreider aside and randomly beat the snot out of him. That would be met with a hefty suspension, fine and possibly even, a suspension for the coach. I would wager that Kreider is stronger than most of the "tough guys" in the league. The kid is an unreal physical specimen. They may know how to throw punches better but they have to: A. catch Kreider first B. Not get thrown around by Kreider or bear hugged by him.

Aside from Chara & Scott, is there anyone who truly outclasses Kreider in strength? I don't think so.

Wolfy*

Something like this can happen, just much worse. Be careful out there, Kreider boy...I like you, but don't push it too far.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Something like this can happen, just much worse. Be careful out there, Kreider boy...I like you, but don't push it too far.

That was a young player having his head down in the neutral zone. Not him getting pounded to death by one of the leagues "tough guys". Kreider would erase Orpik from existence if they ever fought.

The video and what you are claiming is going to happen to Kreider are two completely different things.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol

I have absolutely no respect for heavyweight fighters like. They dont belong in the NHL

John Scott literally has a lower career ppg than Brodeur. hes a ****ing joke. If an NHL coach wants him out there against Kreider-Stepan-MSL/Nash be my guest.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol

FWIW that happened before Kreider ran anyone.

Last edited by a moderator:

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
This isn't the 70's, 80's, or 90's any more. That isn't going to happen. You won't have a heavyweight pull Kreider aside and randomly beat the snot out of him. That would be met with a hefty suspension, fine and possibly even, a suspension for the coach. I would wager that Kreider is stronger than most of the "tough guys" in the league. The kid is an unreal physical specimen. They may know how to throw punches better but they have to: A. catch Kreider first B. Not get thrown around by Kreider or bear hugged by him.

Aside from Chara & Scott, is there anyone who truly outclasses Kreider in strength? I don't think so.

We don't want Kreider, esp. on a regular basis, doing anything that goes away from legit clean hard checks into goonery.

Fair play and sportsmanship aside, there is no upside in it.

A - every min Kreider in penalty box, we are deprived of a superior asset
B - I don't think most of the fighters could 'take' Kreider, but one or two lucky punches are not good, even if you win the bout.
C - The biggest risk is an accident happens and he breaks his hand.

THAT we don't need.

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York

Lol please you probably think Zucc would win against the same heavyweights

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Yeah let Kreider run into goalies until he gets destroyed by a goon. Then when he returns with a black eye and a concussion on his medical file he'll probably leave the goalies alone.

He has an equal right of way and does not have to yield, so if the goalie wants to ask for trouble he can do so at his own peril.

Yes, there is an exception. If it looks like Kreider is straight ahead charging the man, in this case a netminder, and not playing the puck, then I could see a penalty. Not otherwise.

And if Kreider was arguably forced into the goalie by another's play, that exception becomes more doubtful.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad