Eastern Conference QF: Columbus Blue Jackets vs Tampa Bay Lightning

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Isn't it pretty similar to former CBJ players, except CBJ just broadcast on FS Ohio.
Also kind of sums up JLGP - realtor and host of Fox Sports CBJ pre-post game :)
Not to beat a dead horse but we don't have an entire radio network made up of former players with daily shows. We just have a couple of guys who do tv/radio for the team broadcasts.

MrBadguy

May 27, 2016
Its kind of sad that we didnt miss Atkinson at all, not even in PK. There must be somekind of long term injury behind his poor play since last year against Boston (or futher).

Reactions: thebus88 and Fro

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Its kind of sad that we didnt miss Atkinson at all, not even in PK. There must be somekind of long term injury behind his poor play since last year against Boston (or futher).

Older players usually get more dinged up, but I don't think there is any major physical issue with Atkinson. Atkinson was a great player for a lot of years because of his incredible determination. His physical skills were always barely cutting it. He wasn't much faster and he was a lot smaller, but he'd take on anyone in the corners and he'd drive the net with abandon. It's been a few years since we've seen that kind of play and I think it's mental. Did he lose the chip on his shoulder?

Reactions: thebus88

rotsbu

Feb 14, 2020
Older players usually get more dinged up, but I don't think there is any major physical issue with Atkinson. Atkinson was a great player for a lot of years because of his incredible determination. His physical skills were always barely cutting it. He wasn't much faster and he was a lot smaller, but he'd take on anyone in the corners and he'd drive the net with abandon. It's been a few years since we've seen that kind of play and I think it's mental. Did he lose the chip on his shoulder?

Cam is the ultimate Blue Jacket, one of those guys who wants to be in CBus. But his current contract is going to become quite the albatross at this rate. Really hoping he can pick up his play for both his and the team's sake.

CoachWithNoTeam

Jul 1, 2006
San Diego
Getting important goals from Murray and Wennberg yesterday was crucial. And there is still a lot more offense to be found from Nyquist, Jenner, Werenski, Jones as well, and it seems like Bjorkstrand is just starting to heat up. We’ve seen a total team effort on defense, with not too many guys really firing on all cylinders on offense yet.

MrBadguy

May 27, 2016
Yeah, i know. It seems that he doesnt shoot as much or shoots different way atleast. I noticed it last year against Boston in PP, he seemed to shoot or not shoot the puck like he used before.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Cam scored 35 while playing on a line with Jenner and Dubinsky. His goals were largely him driving the net and whacking at loose pucks. He used to take the body more, you might recall a line with Calvert and Dubinsky where Cam was like a little demon. He's become a passive player in the last few years.
your post really hits the mark on Cam. He's gone from a guy who could create and score goals playing with Jenner and Dubinsky, guys who lack speed and are not known for assists, to someone who now exclusively cruises around looking for open spaces with minimal board battles. In some ways it's as if he and Bjorkstrand exchanged identities. At the same time he no longer has that breakaway capability. I sure loved the "old Cam" more than the older Cam.

Mike Puck

Feb 10, 2015
Swe
Is there any word on Anderson? Feels like he's been out forever, he would be great add (if he's 100%) to your lineup against Tampa.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Is there any word on Anderson? Feels like he's been out forever, he would be great add (if he's 100%) to your lineup against Tampa.

As an outsider, I was just coming to ask this same question. I felt like I wasn't seeing him, but I didn't know if it was a new injury, even to thar game, or the same he had before the stoppage.

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio

As an outsider, I was just coming to ask this same question. I felt like I wasn't seeing him, but I didn't know if it was a new injury, even to thar game, or the same he had before the stoppage.

Boston broke him 15 months ago during that playoff series. He hasn’t really been ok since. He’s in the bubble. But not ready is about all that’s been said.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Be interested to see any lineup changes. I thought Shore looked better than Gerbe. Didn't love the 14-10-20 line but what other options are there?

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Only lineup change I would like is Elvis back as backup. Would feel more confident with him over Kiv, and it would be nice to know his injury isn't serious.

Reactions: Byrral

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Only lineup change I would like is Elvis back as backup. Would feel more confident with him over Kiv, and it would be nice to know his injury isn't serious.
Considering that VV has entered the bubble I don't think he'll be back for a bit. It doesn't seem bad enough for him to leave but long enough to need to have a 4th goalie available in the event of an emergency.

Reactions: thebus88

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
Did we ever figure out when he got injured? Like what play? I don’t remember anything crazy happening last game he played and then boom he’s out.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Josh Anderson's original window of 4-6 months reaches its end point at the end of this month. That doesn't mean a whole lot at this point, I'm sure the doctors have given him an updated timetable. But based on what we know, it also wouldn't be surprising if he was cleared for contact sometime in the next couple weeks.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
I'm completely indifferent to whether Anderson is in or not.

I'll miss a good portion of the game due to air travel, but if game 1 is an omen, I'll be grateful for that:laugh:

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
upload_2020-8-15_15-3-8.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad