Early look at 2020 QMJHL draft so far

Mtlhockey

Mar 15, 2019
Not the 1st time I saw his name here, but from what I remember, Cataford is a 2005 born (so he still Bantam this year, and eligible for the 2021 drat)

I made a copy paste + added players to watch. Cataford is a 2005

volitgeursQ

Mar 29, 2018
here's my first/second round after couple week

1 Tristan Luneau
2 James Swan
3 Antonin Verreault
4 Noah Warren
5 Markus Vidicek
6 Davide Patela
7 Emanuelson Charbonneau
8 James Swan
9 Justin Sullivan
10 Lane Hinkley
11 Louis-Philippe Fontaine
12 Michael Mastrodomenico
13 Mathis Dufour
14 Jason Desruisseaux
15 Maveric Lamoureux
16 Pier-Oliver Roy
17 Gabriel Tremblay
18 jake rozzi

- Dumais
- Filion
- Fauchon
- Gravel
- Hopkins
- Arsenault
- Sim
- Lafontaine
- Larocque
- Squires
- Marshall
- Vetrano
- Goyette
- Carruthers
- MacLean
- Barry
- furlong
- akkouche

Last edited:
Reactions: kibe73

Estrien

Dec 3, 2018
Voici ma liste
1-Tristan Luneau
2-Anthony Verreault
3-Marcus Vidicek
4- James Swan
5- Carruthers
6-Noah Warren
7-Emmanuel Charbonneau
8- Justin Sullivan
9-Louis-Philippe Fontaine
10-Lane Hinkley
11- David Patella
12- Michael Mastrodomenico
13-Maverick Lamoureux
14-Carl-Étienne Michel
15- Jason Desruisseaux
16- Jack Rozzi
17-Vetrano
18-Mathis Dufour
19-Pierre-Olivier Roy
20-Alpha Barry
21-Gabriel Tremblay
22-Hopkins
23-McLean
24-Mathew Maltais
25-Goyette
26-Gravel
27-Squires
28-Akkouche
29- Fillion
30-Delafontaine
31-Larocque
32-Furlong
33-St-Michel
34-Fauchon
35-Dumais
36-Julien Paillé

Eldard4

Sep 29, 2019
Four big omissions on your lists
Côté Grenadiers
Beauregard SSF
Gagnon Elites
Bolduc Forestiers

Last edited:

volitgeursQ

Mar 29, 2018
Gagnon elites
Bolduc Foresters mistake from me
-Beauregard and cote not really impressive for debut of the season

Eldard4

Sep 29, 2019
Côté was suspended for the first two or three games of the season. At U16 hockey Quebec camp, he was by far the best fw . He is without a doubt the best sniper of 2004 and he will certainly come out in the first round. For Beauregard he still has 7 points in 7 games since the beginning. He is an energy player who has an offensive touch.

volitgeursQ

Mar 29, 2018
not now but, they will have the midget AAA challenge that will bring together the best players from the school but, I think that the league rseq will be the best school league this year

FrankScout

Sep 30, 2019
Its hard to take some of these posts seriously. Some of you must be parents or agents or something because some of these kids mentioned have no business playing Midget AAA or even even getting drafted Junior Major. I question how many of you actually watch the games or just consult lists made from hockey Quebec. How is it possible that a kid with 1 goal will be drafted in the first round? Luneau, Warren, Swan, Verrault, Mastrodomenico are definitively kids to watch. Lets give these kids a chance to play the season and see what happens. The are other kids playing school and espoir that are probably better then some on this list.

Eldard4

Sep 29, 2019
Totally in agreement with you. Often people will only rely on statistics to give their opinion. The example of Justin Coté is the best because he has only 3 points since the beginning of the season but he remains the best fwd of 2004 for the quality of his skating, his shot and his talent to score goals. The season begins and some players need more time to adjust to the midget AAA level

volitgeursQ

Mar 29, 2018
Its hard to take some of these posts seriously. Some of you must be parents or agents or something because some of these kids mentioned have no business playing Midget AAA or even even getting drafted Junior Major. I question how many of you actually watch the games or just consult lists made from hockey Quebec. How is it possible that a kid with 1 goal will be drafted in the first round? Luneau, Warren, Swan, Verrault, Mastrodomenico are definitively kids to watch. Lets give these kids a chance to play the season and see what happens. The are other kids playing school and espoir that are probably better then some on this list.
this year school players will have better visibility

Hockeyfirst

Oct 19, 2018

LHJMQ 1st official list is in Dec 2020. Players that caught scouts with major positive impact with CHL/Pro potential.

1.Luneau
2.Carruthers
3.Verreault
4.Warren
5.Vidicek
6.Hinkley
7.Swan
8.Desruisseaux
9.Côté
10.Mastrodominico
11.Lamoureux
12.Patella
13.Michel
14.Mcclean
15.Furlong
16.Barry
17.Vetrano
18.Sullivan
19.Charbonneau
20.Hopkins
21.Bolduc
22. Barry
23. Dufour
24. DelaFontaine
25. Tremblay
26. Filion
27. Gagnon
28. St-Michel
29. Beauregard
30. Maltais

Evaluation criteria: a) hockey IQ, b) Compete, c) skills, d) skating, f) Game rating

Reactions: Estrien

FrankScout

Sep 30, 2019
Anyone scouting Midget Espoir? I have seen some good players with Lions, Gatineau, Montreal, Seigneurs, Selects and Conquerants.

Prospect Tracker

Dec 11, 2018
Quebec
There are some good players in the East as well. Saguenay have one big gritty forward, Beauce have one power-forward winger that is having a good start and Triolet have an injured forward still out of the lineup. SSF also have two very talented forwards. Gaulois have a couple forward and one good d-man. Corsaires have a couple forwards too.

Many of these players are better than some others who made M-AAA. Most will probably be present at the Challenge in December.

Take a look at the list I posted (page 10) and players listed that did not make M-AAA are interesting prospects to watch in Espoir.

Last edited:

NorthAmHockey

Sep 30, 2019
I’ve noticed LaStarza hasn’t been on the last few lists. I know he’s in Shattucks. Are people leaving him off lists because he is leaning NCAA? I’m most familiar with the Atlantic kids but I had the opportunity to see him twice this year early and he was very good. I would think top 10 good....

Reactions: Benoitb

Prospect Tracker

Dec 11, 2018
Quebec
For thé TOP 10 from Quebec, Luneau is locked at #1 spot. From #2 to #10, it will go with the needs of the different teams but players I see in that range are:

Warren
Verreault
Swan
Vidicek
Côté
Patella
Fontaine
Ménard
Charbonneau
Lamoureux

A lot of good defencemen this year if we compare with 2019's Draft.

Last edited:
Reactions: Benoitb

quebec west

Dec 10, 2018
I was surfing for 04 prospects in Ontario and Goyette is a top 25 prospect in Ont.

Pourquoi revuiendrai t il au Q?

Who is looking good in Espoirs?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad