Injury Report: Eager concussed

RipsADrive

Sep 16, 2008
Edmonton
Eager has got some bad luck with concussions early in the season.

It's really too bad. In the Vancouver game he was looking like the guy I thought we signed last year.

jsho

Feb 3, 2007
Oil Country
Crosby....Giroux..Backstrom...and now Eager.

The list of league stars with potential concussion issues grows even bigger.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Well you might as well get the paperwork for the buyout ready. The guy is done if he got concussed that easily.

OneMoreAstronaut

Reduce chainsaw size
May 3, 2003
So basically, if he fights or plays in the way we obtained him for, which he didn't do last season and which he did do for only one game this season, he will get concussed.

phaedrusDH

Jul 6, 2009
you gotta think that Fistric and/or Hordichuk draw into the line-up now. ideally both. Petrell can sit (keep MPS in).

dem

Mar 17, 2002
Tough situation but we have to let him go

He can't play the way he needs to anymore

plikestechno

Mar 14, 2008
Everybody knew that one more bonk and he was done. That's why he was so tentative last season. He can't play his role anymore and should just do the right thing and retire.

Mowzie

Sep 17, 2003
According to Ched, Fistric was paired with Peckham still, so it looks like we get the same D pairs tomorrow, which is probably for the best because I don't know why.

Amos665

Jan 22, 2013
Edmonton
Everybody knew that one more bonk and he was done. That's why he was so tentative last season. He can't play his role anymore and should just do the right thing and retire.

If you didn't have much skills outside of fighting, and you were on the last legs of your career, would you just retire and walk away from a guaranteed $2 million dollars (this and next season)? I think the right thing for him is to continue to try and earn as much as he can before he can't earn it anymore.

OneMoreAstronaut

Reduce chainsaw size
May 3, 2003

I doubt he will retire and just forgo the nearly 2 million left in salary he signed for. Especially when he probably knows that he won't get that again once this contract's done.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
According to Ched, Fistric was paired with Peckham still, so it looks like we get the same D pairs tomorrow, which is probably for the best because I don't know why.

Maybe Peckham's off the IR and we'll see Fistric and Peckham in for the gong show which is Whitney/Potter.

moog35

Jul 25, 2007
I wasn't aware that Eager had a history with concussions, how bad is his history?

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I wasn't aware that Eager had a history with concussions, how bad is his history?

Had one last year from training camp scrimmage, had a couple in 2008, one in 2007. And then however many other ones that weren't reported.

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
I knew that something was up when I came back to my desk after lunch and my two lifelong Canuck-loving coworkers were grinning from ear to ear as they stared at me.

They HATE Eager with a passion.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I knew that something was up when I came back to my desk after lunch and my two lifelong Canuck-loving coworkers were grinning from ear to ear as they stared at me.

They HATE Eager with a passion.

Most people hate Eager, he's one of those guys that nobody likes except his own fan base. And in our case he doesn't even get that support.

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
I really hope Eager can get healthy for his own personal sake.

As for the Oilers this is a good thing. He's nothing but harmful for the team and the team is better off with him not playing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad