Injury Report: Eager concussed

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
He is?

I haven't seen anything that would give that conclusion.

Really?

Lets see... it took Hordichuk 538 NHL games to get 20 goals and 41 points.

Eager has 40 goals and 82 points in 386 games.

Last 4 seasons Hordichuk has scored : 1g, 1g, 1g, 4g

Eager has scored : 8g, 7g, 7g, 11g

Hordichuk can't skate, Eager is a great skater.

Hordichuk is lucky if he plays 4m a night, Eager can play 10-15 mins a night.

The only thing Hordichuk has on Eager is willingness to fight and chirp, but lets be honest... Hordi isn't the greatest fighter either, just willing to do it.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Eager is a drastically better hockey player than Hordichuk.

Hordichuk was an infinitely more useful player ALL of last season and accomplished more hits, more fights, more in your face, in a fraction of the toi alotted to the absolutely useless Ben Eager.

"Better" I would think presumes that the player is currently bringing any semblance of a game for which they were brought here for.

Eager was/is (whatever) here to fill the dance card. Not audition for primo minutes and youtube hilites. The only person thinking that would be Ben Eager.

Next to zero willingness/ability to bring the game he was brought here for.

Didn't even make it to game one last season without getting concussed.

Now a year later he's concussed in the first game.

Pull the plug. Career over.

GretzkytoKurri9917

"LIVE LONG AND PROSPER"
Oct 6, 2008
Gotham City
Hordichuk is a horrible hockey player. All he does is run people. Eager can at least take a shift without being a liability (not saying much I realize).

It's not like Eager is any better,when this team needs someone to drop the gloves, Darcy is there to do it.With Eager he's invisible during most of the time.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Really?

Lets see... it took Hordichuk 538 NHL games to get 20 goals and 41 points.

Eager has 40 goals and 82 points in 386 games.

Last 4 seasons Hordichuk has scored : 1g, 1g, 1g, 4g

Eager has scored : 8g, 7g, 7g, 11g

Hordichuk can't skate, Eager is a great skater.

Hordichuk is lucky if he plays 4m a night, Eager can play 10-15 mins a night.

The only thing Hordichuk has on Eager is willingness to fight and chirp, but lets be honest... Hordi isn't the greatest fighter either, just willing to do it.
This is the only reason the two players are here. Hits and fights. Eager hasn't done much of either. That you choose to question Hordi's fighting ability in context of Ben Eager who apparently can't survive a fight is startling.

You stating eager could reasonably play up to 15mins/night is incomprehensible. On what basis, for what team, in what league, doing what exactly?

Any team that would dole out present day Ben Eager 15mins/night is seriously hurting.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
What a shame he played exactly how we need him to play against Vancouver.

Wouldn't read too much into it. Ben Eager has little difficulty getting motivated against the very few teams he's developed a dislike for. He appears to have issue with the Vancouver Canucks. Theres also the thing with Eager KNOWING he's beyond last chance and on borrowed time and fortunately for him with a new coach and forgiving regime otherwise he's already dead career walking.

So he shows up for one game under these circumstances and then can't survive a fight against middling opposition.

Ben Eager can't even fight at this point. This writing was already on the wall.

The Shame is what Ben Eager has done to his pro career.

Cawz

Sep 18, 2003
Oiler fan in Calgary
Visit site
It's not like Eager is any better,when this team needs someone to drop the gloves, Darcy is there to do it.With Eager he's invisible during most of the time.

Yeah, I'd prefer invisible to liability, which is what Hodri is. Hopefully he proves me wrong, but remove the pest role he played perfectly against Staubitz (I think) that one night and I can think of little he did well. I do remember tryng to run a Canuck and hurting himself and fighting whoever it was that was twice his size a couple times one night, which did nothing to help.

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
This is the only reason the two players are here. Hits and fights. Eager hasn't done much of either. That you choose to question Hordi's fighting ability in context of Ben Eager who apparently can't survive a fight is startling.

You stating eager could reasonably play up to 15mins/night is incomprehensible. On what basis, for what team, in what league, doing what exactly?

Any team that would dole out present day Ben Eager 15mins/night is seriously hurting.

I wasn't talking about how effective they are in their roles. I said Eager is better at hockey, there's no question there. Hordichuk can't stick handle or skate and has no shot. Eager can score goals at the NHL level and actually has some skill, not to mention he's a great skater.

I said 10-15m 15 obvious high end if someone was injured or the coach liked his game and threw him on the third line for the night. On the Sharks he averaged 10:38 TOI per game.

I don't mind throwing Hordichuk in once in a while but he shouldn't be playing on the fourth line every night unless they plan on double shifting one of the Kids all the time.

It's too bad that Eager got injured because I think we'd see a more effective version of the player under Krueger.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
I wasn't talking about how effective they are in their roles. I said Eager is better at hockey, there's no question there. Hordichuk can't stick handle or skate and has no shot. Eager can score goals at the NHL level and actually has some skill, not to mention he's a great skater.
Saying one is clearly better at hockey while the other was more valuable to the club is specious reasoning. I knew what you were saying, I don't know why you'd state it, except if there was some kind of potential for Eager which there is clearly not.

No doubt Eager has better gifts. But as we see regular NHL longterm careers are borne out of the tenacity, focus, and hardwork to remain valuable in the game. Eager has very little of that internal drive while a far less talented Hordichuk has gobs of the right stuff. The stuff you discount which MAKES NHL players.

I said 10-15m 15 obvious high end if someone was injured or the coach liked his game and threw him on the third line for the night. On the Sharks he averaged 10:38 TOI per game.
Theres a huge difference in 10mins/game and 15. To play 15 in the NHL you have to start being at least capable in certain roles. Eager is a complete unpredictable wild card energy donkey that seldom even brings that. To give a guy like that 15mins/night is inviting chaos and having half your bench wondering about their ice time bequeathed to a player doing nothing.

I don't mind throwing Hordichuk in once in a while but he shouldn't be playing on the fourth line every night unless they plan on double shifting one of the Kids all the time.

It's too bad that Eager got injured because I think we'd see a more effective version of the player under Krueger.
This is a myth with no substance in reality. Clearly what people want to think. Usually the same people telling us how valuable Eager was going to be when he came here.

At what point for you is it "this boat has sailed" because it clearly has.

oilexport

Aug 29, 2010
This is a myth with no substance in reality. Clearly what people want to think. Usually the same people telling us how valuable Eager was going to be when he came here.

At what point for you is it "this boat has sailed" because it clearly has.[/QUOTE]

Lets see now, we have a small team from the D out and Eager is 240 lbs that can skate like MPS and is not scared to defend his teamates (Hall) and pop 10 goals in. Where's the myth ?

Your going to crap on him cause he got concusions ? Is that his fault ?

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Wouldn't read too much into it. Ben Eager has little difficulty getting motivated against the very few teams he's developed a dislike for. He appears to have issue with the Vancouver Canucks. Theres also the thing with Eager KNOWING he's beyond last chance and on borrowed time and fortunately for him with a new coach and forgiving regime otherwise he's already dead career walking.

So he shows up for one game under these circumstances and then can't survive a fight against middling opposition.

Ben Eager can't even fight at this point. This writing was already on the wall.

The Shame is what Ben Eager has done to his pro career.

Kassian is a tough guy, no shame in losing to him. Whether it was just for that game or if he was ready to play that way all year long, it was nice to see him playing with passion and it's unfortunate that he got hurt.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking

At what point for you is it "this boat has sailed" because it clearly has.

Lets see now, we have a small team from the D out and Eager is 240 lbs that can skate like MPS and is not scared to defend his teamates (Hall) and pop 10 goals in. Where's the myth ?

Your going to crap on him cause he got concusions ? Is that his fault ?

A very large sack of potatoes could be 240lbs. Since when does excessive weight have much to do with hockey?

I'm going to say he's a bust which I stated the moment we obtained him. I wonder who has been right to this point and all along.

You really want to argue this or who is on the money with this and who's talking crap?

This is a guy thats had several concussions, off the ice issues, on the ice issues, huge troubles with consistency, focus, throughout his career, that has been in and out of teams and that has not one redeemable stat or reason a team should want to invest heavily in him.

What one thing, anything, does Eager do well? I'll wait for the answer.

Last edited:

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Kassian is a tough guy, no shame in losing to him. Whether it was just for that game or if he was ready to play that way all year long, it was nice to see him playing with passion and it's unfortunate that he got hurt.

Seems like everybody he fights is a ringer compared to Eager. Lets see, Kassian is just 22yrs old, (today), has hardly any NHL experience tossing with the toughest hombres, gives up over 30lbs in the matchup, and didn't just beat Eager he gave him stitches, concussion, and a possibly damaged orbital bone. To say he got all of Eager smack in the worst spot to get hit is no overstatement.

People can suggest this is "unfortunate" as if to suggest its some unlikely scenario or just bad luck but I think the concussion history is standing in the way of this being a useful player even if Eager was ever so inclined.

Theres not a single more useless player in the Oilers lineup. I suspect not a worse attitude either. Just cut bait.

I keep saying people like the thought of what a Ben Eager could be but never was.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad